Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2006 #112

Hey Rach - That's why I am slowly closing down my Facebook. Stuff always seems to go wrong from a simple comment! I truly believe that your initial request is very valid. I am very surprisesd that they wouldn't be more diligent with sunscreen. If jack came home burnt I would be screaming blue murder.

Cougar - sounds likeyou are doing a good job! Good to see it from the perspective of a worker.

Ok - so J did heaps better yesterday. He participated well in every task was stayed focused. I just have a really bad feeling about the teacher still though. He was at Childcare today in the preschool room, and they say he is doing quite well there and has integrated well into the group. So I am still in two mind about maybe pulling him from the Council run Kindy and put him in the Childcare centrea preeschool program. I know it is more expensive, but it might be best for J. DH reckons we should ge it this term and re evaluate. So we will wait and see.

He still hates drawing and painting, and only does really simple drawings. Anyone elses' kidlet not into art? What do you do to encourage them?

Hi to everyone else. I hope that we still have some lurkers. I hope you are all well.

so the teacher as contacted me this arvie the committee member has again as well...the policy about sunscreen needing to be applied was what i thought the teachers handbook hadn't been updated but now the kids miss out on that 10-15min of outside play because the teacher says it easier than applying sunscreen

Omg I don't know why it is such a big deal for them. Every other centre seems to be able to do it just fine! Sound like they are just lazy!

Gah. What's the teacher/child ratio? Maybe it really would take too much time to do each child if they need all their teachers for supervision. I don't think our teachers apply sunscreen? Riv doesn't smell like it. His teacher seems pretty switched on though, so I'm sure they have a strategy.

Had another chat with her today, apparently he was hitting, not hard, but still. She thinks it might be his speech, cos kids don't bother saying 'sorry, what did you say?' they just shrug and ignore if they don't understand. I've been a bit slack about calling the speechy, better do that tomorrow.

I hate FB, I never say anything personal really, unless it's positive. Too many people happy to comment thoughtlessly.

there are 22 kids 2 teachers....

I am just ughhh about it all now, I feel like because I questioned something I am in the wrong

for those that dont realise I am extremely shy, for me to approach the teachers about the water and sunscreen issues was a huge step, I hate conflict or confrontation it can even take me a few hrs t ask Jase something liek I'd liek to go to rocky to see mum this week etc he's my husband and I still find it hard

so too be shot down is very hard for me to cope, I was saying to jase sometimes I wish I could do like self help, self esteem course I never used to be like this I was reasonable outgoing I think a lot of it stemmed from when we had Katy, I wonder if in reality if I didn't have mild PND...that just sought of let everything else stem from it does that make sense

I know I am rambling, I am supposed to go to a kindy AGM tomorrow night, I really want to go so I can understand how the kindy works etc, but I know this committee memberwho I have now found out is a executive member something to do with the running of a community based kindy so I knoow she will approach me and too be honest I just want to move on grrrr time to grow a set

Maybe write down your 'party line' so that when someone says something you know how you'll answer. Just explain that it wasn't a complaint, you were just calling to clarify a point. Sometimes people get so caught up in the politics of leadership and committees that they forget these things aren't personal - you just had a question!

Hi guys, I hope that everyone is settling into school well.
    I have just been browsing through some of the other threads and have noticed that more often lately, things are getting out of hand and people are being nasty to each other. I cannot stand this and just want to let you all know that it is really nice to know that everyone who is part of this particular thread (to me) is really lovely.
    I can honestly say that there have been times when I never thought I could get through the day. It has been really supportive to know that we can voice our feelings and get honest feedback which is in no way attacking.
    From the moment I met you all ( well read about you ) when all of our sept babies were tiny in our bellies (except for Belle who I went through with in a clomid thread), to the msn chats, baby shower gifts, christmas presents, cards, sad times, miscarrying, subsequent babies, relationship problems etc. You have all been a pillar of strength for me. It is hard to say but I have been at such a big low, and it is nice to know that you are always there. I cry with you, I smile with you and have my heart invested in each one of you and your families. Pretty soppy post, but I don't think you should go through life leaving things unsaid. So even though I don't post really at all, I want you to know that as soon as I can get my life back on track I would dearly love to catch up in real life. Maybe the next bb catch up
    Take care xo

Helen - that is so well said! I totally agree with what you are saying. There is so much negativity, but this thread always seems to say immune from it all. It is a safe place.

I think I am struggling with losing some of the people from this thread, as their wonderful words of wisdom got me through some difficult times.

THinking of you Helen, and hope things are getting better for you. xxx

Helen, what a beautiful post, yep the September 06 Mummies are totally awesome!!! I am still around and check in but are slack with writing.

Rach - I have been reading your posts about kinder and I feel for you, I also hate conflict situations so I can totally understand where you are coming from and how this is made you feel, you did all the right things and I hope now that things are on the up and there is no fall-out from what has happened.

Meg - How is Master J going now, some of the kids at Rylee's kinder are taking a while to settle in. As for the teacher saying they should all be on the same level, how ridiculous is that and coming from a teacher as well, as if all kids are the same!! I agree that you should see this term out and make a decision. I don't think it is unusual that some kids don't enjoy art, all kids have there own thing that they love and that's what makes them the special little people that they are!

AFM - just waiting - 38.5 weeks, feeling tired and grumpy and don't know whether I want the baby in or out! In - for all the newborn sleep deprivation and out - for comfort, ha ha! Anyway, we shall wait.

Love to all.
    L xxxx

Hi girls, im sorry I havent replied until now.

Ive been in hospital with a virus for a while as some of you may know from my FB, it was horrible they didnt know whats wrong, but eventually the neurologist said I have labrynthitis which is inner ear virus, Ive been on steriods but am still really dizzy with this virus in my ear, so cannot go out of the house at all , I can bearly walk around the house without losing my balance and its been a week since Ive been home, yesterday was the first time since hubby was back to work, so looking after kids with this loss of balance and dizziness is a challenge. The MRI at the hospital was so scarey they had to check no bleeds or tumors especially since im pregnant and have to have a c-section at the end of June. Thankfully all was cleared and I was sent home.

Helen - I agree the girls in here have been a pilar of strength for me, I love you all, we have been through so much together and we are still strong even though we dont post much.

When in hospital we had my morph scan and it looks like another girl! 90% change they say, we are happy and fine with it! So bubba will be names Ella or Lisa if a girl and still Luke if bubba turns out to be a boy by any chance!

hugs to everyone.

Bel
    xxx

YAY Belle!!! Oh I really Like the name Ella!!! (if i ever have another girl I want to have Evalyn)

opps posted too soon!!

Hope your feeling better now Belle

Boo- wow not long now, good luck for your upcoming birth.

Hello gorgeous ladies!! Been awhile Yes it's Sharleen, I've been thinking of you all lately and just thought I'd pop in and see how you are all going.

Meg - I sincerely hope things get better for Mr J at kindy, try to keep an open dialogue with the teacher about what's going on, and if you really feel he needs to be with a different teacher maybe you could start looking into somewhere else? Sometimes things sort themselves out with time (and sometimes lots of effort), but other times a move can be the best thing. And take care of yourself as well, definitely go see your GP, having someone to talk to can make a huge difference.

Rach - I agree with Nelle, write down a few points just to refer back to. Your questioning the lack of sunscreen use if definitely valid - I know at Miss A's kindy they reapply each time they go outside, and they ask parents to put it on at drop off if they don't already have it on. Even in my classroom's (back in the day lol) as the kids would go out to lunch I'd stand at the door with a pump bottle of sunscreen and they'd get a squirt in their hand to apply themselves. Really not time consuming at all. I do know that there are some issues about teachers having to touch children to apply sunscreen, but if you've signed that form (even though it's not updated - which is odd in itself) there shouldn't be an issue. Don't let the others intimidate you, you have an incredibly valid point.

Boo Boo and Belle - Congratulations to you both on your pregnancies!!

Beatrix - Congrats to you on your engagement! Wishing you and M a lifetime of happiness

Helen - That was a beautiful post, and what prompted me to come back in here actually. I look back on those few years of our pregnancies and bubbies with such fond memories.

Cougar - Hi! Hope life's treating you well.

Nelle - What happened with Riv is definitely normal, maybe you and the teachers can just focus on encouraging him to use words to communicate and it will all fall into place eventually.

Much love to you all!
    Last edited by LovingLife; April 5th, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

Wow Sharle, good to see you! All the best with uni stuff, I'm amazed at those of you who juggle study and parenting. Must take so much self discipline. Sorry to hear you've been sick. Do they have any ideas at all? Sickness sucks.

Helen that was lovely. It is nice to have that constancy in here. I remember some of our early day rumbles and chuckling cos we all argued like sisters.

Ah Belle that sounds awful! I hope things improve. Lisa's not a name I hear often these days! I'd sort of forgotten about it!

Hugs and footrubs for these last weeks Laurin. I reckon it's a testament to the discomfort of late pregnancy that going into labour feels like a relief! I understand about not looking forward to the sleep deprivation though. Have you stocked up on frozen meals, or at least tinned soup?

Riv's been a right button pusher today, he squeals at Si which makes Si WAIL like a limb's being cut off. Button pusher and drama queen not a great combo. Resorted to letting Riv watch episodes of The Mr. Men show on iView on the computer. I was starting to feel violent...

Today J was crying when I left. When I picked him up the teacher has asked for a meeting next Thurs. I really feel like they think he is a burden. I wish I wasn't so forthright with what I told them at his prekindy interview.
    I had a bit of a teary about it all at home tonight. You just want what is best for them.
    Ness - What strategies did you use with the crying?

Boo boo - I was just thinking that you must be due any time soom.

Belle - Love your names! I am one of three sisters, and we are all very close.

Got to go get ready for netball

Oh that sucks Meg. If they're not willing to work with him towards a good outcome then maybe it will be best to move him. I hope the meeting is to offer assessments and strategies - ours has already mentioned things like a worker who covers the whole area who can drop in to observe and help the teachers find the best way to work with anxious or delayed or difficult kids. I hope they're willing to work with you toward a solution.

Meg- with M I offered her a treat on the mornings of her child care. She had a special little treat bag she got (still does have) on her day care days and i put in 3-4 little treats of choice, marshmellows normally cause she loves them.

I really hope they can suggest some coping ways for you, as child care providers they should have a few up their sleeve.

Meg- I hope its a meeting with a good outcome. My nephew has autism and where he went to kinder they were so good, often having meeting about what areas they can work on, asked my sister what she did at home so theyt could follow so I don't think this kinder teacher should be acting like he is a burden cause things can be done. Don't they also have assistant teachers? I know Ash's kinder has one main teacher and 2 helpers then a parent also does a shift there.

Belle- How exciting, another little girl! Love the name Ella. Hope this dizziness settles, I remember last year having terrible vertigo and going thru MRIs and all those tests. I remember just laying down, get up make girls breakfast, lie down again while they ate, get up tidy lie down again and that was my day, very depressing.

Laurin- Ooh so close now! Do you know what youre having? Names picked out ready? Are your other 2 getting excited?

Helen- your post put tears in my eyes, so very true tho, I feel like I know people and I can be open and honest in here and get support sometimes more than what I get IRL.
    When does L start his new job? Congrats to him. Did you finish building and moving into new place?

Ash seems to have settled into kinder but one girl told her she didn't want to be her friend anymore and to go away. I know kids do this and as years go on gonna be alot more of it but don't you wish you could just always protect them! Made me sadder than her!

Helen - Beautiful Post

Belle - love the names do you know our girl name for Luke was Ella Rose or Ella Kate, then a cousin of my BIL had a Ella Rose 4 days before Luke was born so then we tossed up with sticking with Ella or using Lucy and obviously I love your boys name what are you using for a middle name if bubba did turn out to be a boy

Meg -

Laurin - thanks, is it hot down in Vic I would hate to be pg up here ATM its horrible ughhhh

hey everyone else

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast