Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, April '05 #3

Can someone please send back the child that was here the other night, pretty please?! Last night would have to be the worst one so far - bottle at 11.30 then he refused to go to bed until 1.10, then was screaming again at 1.30 acting like he was hungry. So up I got, made another bottle which he drank less than 10ml of ](*,) So he decided it was time to play until 4.45 - so all in all I slept for 1.5hrs then just under 3hrs before I got up just now. But it's odd cos he has now gone a little over 8hrs without a bottle which he has never done. I only wish he had slept for those 8hrs.

Poor Noah, I bet all that pooing is sending him nuts too! Have a good picnic today, hope the weather stays nice.

Aww poor Zander. I really thought he'd stay asleep last night(well this morning). Hopefully there wont be a repeat tonight.

Hey girls,

Sarah, sorry to hear you have had another shocker!! I hope it isn't long before his patterns change.

Trish... I'm sorry to hear the cleaning fairy didn't turn up... . Surly Noah's bug has to disappear soon! Yuck!! I guess it's lucky it's just him with it.

Deb, I hope all things are looking better on the home front. Don't worry I had a simiar experience last w/e. So I can really say I know how you were feeling.

Fi, glad things are going well with you and Jenna. I got to the MACHN tomorrow do we'll see how we're going then.

Kayla, it sounds as though being a new mother again is going well for you. I was going to get a hair colour yesterday, but I'm too much of a tight ass!! I think I will next time, I need to do something for myself. And I think I will go out and buy some new clothes... Graduation on Friday!

Nat, it sounds like Jacob is going to be a chubby little boy

Well all it well here, Violet is now missing a feed at night, has been for the passed week, just didn't know if it was a fluke or not, but she is still doing it. fed her at 8:30, and she was up again at 3:30... gotta be happy with that. She is still pretty hard to get down though, but I persist and eventually she goes to sleep. I just have to be tough with her.
    Speaking of being tough with babies... did you hear about the woman who hog tied her 18mo daughter every night to teacher that 'bedtime was bedtime', and the little girl ended up suffocating... make me very sad, that little girl was Em's age. I can't imagine ever how that little girl must've felt!

Anyway, hope you are all surviving.

Tanya

OMG, never heard about that. What a B***h of a mother. I know that you can get mad at your kids when they just won't go to bed but that is reall taking it to the extremes. Hopefully she was jailed for a very long time and hog tied in there.

On a brighter note, woo hoo on Violets sleeping pattern. Tehya did the same on Sunday night, how good is it... Woke with really sore, full bb's though, still trying to settle them again.

Take care
    Trish

Trish, my bbs are the same!
    As for that Woman, she was sentenced to 6years, but only served two. Now she wants to see her son. He is autistic, and lives with her mum, who doesn't want her anywhere near him. Mind you he hasn't spoken since the incident which happened in 2001... poor boy!

I have put up two pics form just after Violet was born on her site... just don't mind the areolas...lol

Tanya

Can I just ask, what is hog tied?

Must have been the morning for bbs today! I woke up feeling like my bowling ball was on my chest - absolutely enormous! Mind you Jacob thought it was fantastic and guzzled everything he could before looking like he was ****ed, threw it up and passed out sound asleep. Must admit it was hilarious. Still having a pretty good nights sleep - last night was 11:30 til 6:30 - no way I'm complaining, just hoping it lasts!

Sarah - Hope you get some changing sleep patterns soon!

Trish - Hope Noah is getting better.

Fi - Glad to hear that Jenna is doing well.

That does sound pretty funny Nat! Don't you just love that drunk look they get?!

Tegan, go ties is where the hands are tied together, the feet are tied together then they are all tied together. Not real nice.

Love Violet's photos Tanya, she is one cute little girl. Sounds like she is going really well. I hadn't heard about that woman either, makes your blood boil doesn't it?

Ok so maybe I'm slow, but I was just looking at Alexzander thinking, wow we made him! I don't know, it's hard to grasp the fact that he was once the big bump I had sticking out front! Yeah well maybe it's the lack of sleep talking!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - I am so sorry that Zander still isn't letting you get some sleep. I thought bottle-fed babies were meant to be easier in the sleep department. I guess having reflux doesn't help!

Fi - Yay on the weight loss! I need to go and weigh myself. Mum's scales said i had lost 10kgs but they are pretty wrong apparently. Thank you and Shane for your concern. Things are certainly looking better. Time will tell I suppose!

Tanya - yay for your graduation!! Hope you have a good time.

Trish - poor Noah and poor you with more poos to contend with. The never-ending poo-machine, hey?

Nat - I can just picture Jacob's face when he encountered full boobies! Gabby loves her first feed after a few hours of sleep. It's when she feeds the longest and the best. Her little eyes light right up!

Not a good night's sleep in our house last night. 3 hours then and hour and a half then another very broken hour in bed with me. Still, it's better than what some of you are getting so I am not going to complain. I will just have to relish in the big sleeps when I get them!

Well, I am back from going to the day stay. It was pretty good. Man, was I feeding alllll wrong! For starters, I wasn't holding her properly. Because of my big boobs, when I hold her the right way, I can't actually see her face. Just her eyes. So it's a little annoying. And, the easiest way for me to attach her is to put her on whilst I am standing up. Not terribly convienient but, hey!
    Anyway, she was on for all of 10 minutes when the nurse told me she had finished! I was like "Nahh.. she normally feeds for at least 40 minutes". She said that because she had stopped gulping and was now just using my boob as a dummy that she had drained the boob!! What the??? She got me to sit her up and burp her then offer the same boob a couple more times but she didn't go back to gulping. Then she got me to offer her the other boob but she only gulped for a little bit. So, the whole feed probably only took about 20 minutes.
    Then she showed me how to let her play (or scream as Gabby would have it!), wrap her and settle her. I pretty much was doing the same things n e way but it was still good for reassurance. As it turns out, Gabby's jungle hours are probably in the morning and early arvo as opposed to the evening like a lot of babies do.
    We tried to settle her twice then we tried her in the pram. She slept for about half an hour. There were other babies screaming so I didn't think that she would sleep for long. I watched a video and ate my lunch while she slept. The video was good. It apparently goes with the "Settling You Baby" booklet that you get given in hospital. It's only $22 to buy so I am going to order one so that Neil can watch it. It was pretty good. Very practical!
    Got her home by 1pm so gave her another feed, change of nappy and a play (more screaming). Apparently she might be a little un-impressed with me for a while because she is so used to being able to use my boobs as dummies for a while once she has finished feeding. Hopefully in a few days she will get used to the fact that boobs are for food only - not for her amusement! LOL I have had to settle her once. She is loving the dummy atm. I hate giving it to her tho because it falls out of her mouth and wakes her up. A bit of a catch 22 because it's the only thing that will settle her sometimes.

Deb IKWYM about the dummy, I can't wait until Zander is old enough to put his back into his mouth when it falls out! Sounds like the day stay has been really helpful for you guys. How amazing is it tht she can feed really quickly & is just being a cheeky bubba.

Not sure what the story is with Alexzander's feeding at the moment, I'm a bit worried. He went 9.5hrs from last night to this morning & had only 120ml. Then he went 6hrs today, it took me 1/2 an hour to get him to take anything & then only had 100ml and threw up probably 30ml of that.

Sarah we definately had days like that...where Matilda would refuse food for hours and hours and then not have very much. The GP told me that with reflux bubs you have to feed more frequently to help their stomach acids stay consistent, so during the day no longer than 4 hours and at night 6-8 hours...It took around a week to get used to this, but it worked really well keeping her quiet from 7pm onwards...our feeding routine settled to become every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours overnight...but Matilda did wake at night heaps until she was 6 months.

Christy you're always here with an answer for all my feeding/crying questions. Thank you so much

Sarah, is Zander still having wet and dirty nappies?? If he is then don't worry too much.
    Both with Em and Violet I have been offer to go to a sleep settling class, do they offer anything like that where you are? If not it might be a good idea to ask for the book and vid that Deb is talking about. I found them really good (that's if they are the same ones). They may give you some more ideas to try with Zander.

I am glad to hear that the day-stay went well Deb, and you were given some good advise! I hope it makes life a little easier for you.

Violet has been really good today. I have realised I need to let her try and settle herself for a few minutes, she usually has a bit of a sook. Bit there is nothing that I do that makes her settle any quicker. I just hope I am reading her right.
    Violet only has a dummy rarely, but it doesn't seem to help a lot of the time. I must admit I didn't want Emily to have one, and some of the time when she was younger I wished she didn't, but now they actually help get her into bed. But they are only a bed time thing and they are left in her room.

Tanya

Tanya I was given info on sleep & settling classes but they don't start until May 11th #-o Will definately be going then though. Yay on having a good day with Violet today - can you believe our two little ones are a month old tomorrow?????

Better go, the little man is calling.

Deb, Just a question, is Gabby only gulping a couple of minutes after she has started?? Thats what all my babies have done and for me it's due to my bb's letting down, the flow is pretty quick hence the gulping, once the let down slows so does their swallowing. Don't know if it's the same for you.....

Nat, how glad are you when they wake up when you have full bb's. It's like come here kid, hope your hungry There is still way too much left over in me when she's finished though. Really have to look into hiring a breast pump.

Tanya, thats appalling that she would only get that ammount of time. 6 years is slack enough without letting her out after 2. I don't blame her mother either, there is no way in hell I'd let her back near the other child. Beautiful pics of you and Violet too. Most of my birth pics and ones soon after have these big bikkies (as Mark calls them) in them. I knew that there was a reason for me to have worn a top.

Nat, maybe Jabobs just setting his pattern for when he hits 18 or so. Skulling his drink, getting ****ed, throwing up and passing out Boys got to love them. Good that he's doing such a good job of draining you though.

Picnic was good, weather was great, Noah and Tehya are asleep. Far too early for Noah to crash out though and he hasn't even had a bath damn it.

Joel has gone to footy and Brandon is sleeping over his Aunties house. Hopefully tonight will be a good night, I'm exhausted.

Take care
    Trish

OMG my little bubba is 1 month old today :shock: Where did it go???

How did your night go Trish?

Ours was pretty good, we got up at 12.30 and 4.30 then 7.30 and he's asleep now, so not tooo bad. The good thing was he settled really quickly after his bottles. I've decided to write everything down so I can see any patterns going on. I think it might help getting our referral to Tresillian as well.

Well I better be off to the 1 month thread! Don't worry I'll still be hanging round

Cailin, Christy or Kathryn can you transfer my info to the next thread please

Sarah - Happy 1 month Birthday to Zander!! So happy to hear that you had a good night.

Trish - Jacob just thinks that first feed is awesome! I love the way his eyes seem to light up at me big bbs! So glad I did invest in a breast pump when I was pg. Was a godsend yesterday afternoon when I needed a bit of "relief" and couldn't bear to waste it.

Had my first night back at bowling last night and I actually remembered how to do it LOL. Mind you, first ball I forgot I could now bend and it felt weird and my ball seem so heavy. Matt came with us just in case Jacob was fussy - last week when we went Josh bowled for me and I just showed off my bubby and he wanted to be feed twice (definitely not somethig you can do while trying to bowl). Well, blow me down if Jacob didn't sleep through the whole thing! Got there at 6 so I could feed him before we started, popped him in his pram sound asleep and thought he would wake up around 8ish. Matt was dying to feed him the bottle that I had expressed over the day but Jacob was determined just to snooze. Normally would never complain about a sleeping baby but we knew that he would need to be feed before the drive home. So about 8:45 Matt picked him up, organised the bottle to be warmed and just started speaking to him to get him to stir. It was one of those moments where you wish you had a camcorder. The look on Jacob's face when Matt started to feed him was priceless. The utter confusion of getting a full belly and how is my big brother doing this was written all over his face and Matt was just sitting there so proudly with his brother.

Hey girls,

Yay Sarah at our bubs being one month old today!! Had a bit of a fussy aby last night!! I think I jinxed myself when I spoke about it yesterday. She didn't skip a feed last night AND I used her dummy heaps in the evening and moring. Just when you think you know what you are doing... they go and do things differently!!

Tanya

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast