Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, April '05 #3

Default Newborn - 1 month, April '05 #3

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for April 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - April '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    [b]Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

Welcome to thread #3 !!!

Love

We actually had another pretty good night Trish. I only post early in the morning cos I have the laptop sitting in the loungeroom where I feed Zander. Had a bottle at 9.30 went to sleep at 10.15 until 3.30 then in bed again at 4.00 until 6.30 and he's asleep again now, so we're going pretty well. Poor little Noah with gastro still.

Washing for me today as well & ironing. I think the last time I did any ironing was when I was pregnant 8-[ Aaron has to do his work shirts the night before at the moment!

Sarah - I hope you have a great day being a domestic goddess. I've decided to buy the hug-a-bub today. I cant really afford it, but its required and will be used.

Deb - I hope things are OK with you.

Trish - heres hoping the nappies settle down today for you guys.

Kathryn - could you please update my details at the start of the thread? I posted them about page 6 or 7 in the last thread I think. I think Nats are there too. Also I should send you a PM to organise a new funky avatar with my little girl, rather than a preggie belly. I am back into my normal clothes. Jumped on the scales - 10kg in less than a week!!! And thats with cooked breakkies, choccies, cheese and wine on the menu. Sometimes I love bfing!!

Fi

Colleen, don't you dare leave [-X. Even though we've had the odd differance of opinion I think that your a valuable part of the BB community. If anyone has an issue with you thats thier problem and they'll just have to learn to live with it.
    When I read your post about Dr Bell I meant to reply because one of my midwifes recommended him to me but it turned out that we couldn't fit in with his schedule so we saw Dr Selim in Punchbowl instead. He did a great job so now I'm really glad that we missed out on the Dr Bell experience and I won't even contemplate using him next time (if there is a next time). Thanks for sharing.

Yay on 10kg Fi, that's great. I haven't weighed myself just yet as our scales are broken.

Aww Colleen, that's no good.

So far today I've chucked on a load of washing, finished the folding, loaded the dishwasher & defrosted meat for dinner already. And that is in between changing nappies, playing with Zander AAAAAND catching him smiling on camera I couldn't get a still shot on the camera, so flicked it to the video mode & got 3x 30sec videos of him hiccupping & smiling

I was talking about constipation last week & OMG is that over with! My little man was having dirty nappies every 2-3 days, now it's every 2nd nappy!!!

Oops, forgot to say I hope things are a bit better for you today Deb

Sarah - Glad to hear that you had a good night with Zander. And a woo hoo for managing to get some stuff around the house done and even cooler a smiley pic!

Fi - Woo hoo on the 10kgs and I agree b/feeding is fantastic for weight loss. Since having Jacob I have lost 14kgs - with my 1st I hardly lost a darn thing!

Colleen - STAY!!

So far today we have been to the health centre - Jacob now weighs 8lb 9oz and is 52cms long. He also passed the numerous tests she did on him - hearing, eyesight, reflexes etc. On the homefront, I have also managed 1 load of washing, unstacking and stacking the dishwasher and popped dinner in the oven - I have been hanging for this lamb roast but kept forgeting to defrost it when I was pregnant LOL!!

Hi Girls,

Sarah, good to hear that you got a fairly good night in. Even better that you caught Zander on camera smiling for you. I actually did the same thing today with Tehya. Mum was talking to her and she was smilling away so I had to grab the camera..

Colleen, don't feel that you have to leave. If you do then aren't you playing straight into that persons game???

Fi, fantastic news on the weighloss, bf is great for that hey.

Nat, sounds like Jacon is going great guns, fantasti that he passed all of his tests too. Mmmm baked dinner yummy, too hot here today for it though. It's around 32 degrees here atm.

Just when I thought I had enough washing Tehya pooed in my bed ](*,) Another set of sheets to wash AGAIN. Noah and ehr are both asleep atm and I have heaps of housework to do but so can't be bothered. Do you think the housework fairy could pop over for a visit???

Take care
    Trish

Can you send the housework fairy over here once she's finished at your place Trish? Washing is done, gave up on the ironing idea though!!

Yay on your weight loss too Nat. Also yay for Jacob put on weight & passing all of his tests.

Zander has been a bit unsettled today, not sure what the problem is. But he's asleep now on his tummy, on a pillow which is on the lounge. He loves sleeping on his tummy which is sad cos I can't leave him like that overnight - I only do it while I'm with him.

Sorry to hear you feel you have to leave BB Colleen, everybody is entitled to the support here and it's a shame you can no longer feel comfortable. Hope things are well for you and your ds's and I wish you all the best
    Regards Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey guys,
    I am back at home now and everything has been talked over. Things are ok. I spoke to Neil at about 4pm yesterday on the phone and explained why I was so upset. He didn't even know I had left when I did! He thought I had left later in the morning - that's how drunk he was! Anyway, he has promised to tone things down. He has one thing he needs to attend but has agreed he will come straight home without mucking around. He has also agreed that perhaps wording up his mates that having a new baby means being very quiet for a while is a good idea. He gave Gabby her bath and bottle last night which was nice. He still has a lot to prove to me but, like you said, Fi, he is new to this too. I just have to be a little bit more direct with my expectations. I can't expect him to be like Dads that have had at least a few months practice.

Ok.... now, time for me to stop being so rude!

Sarah - it sounds like Zander is doing well with the sleeping. I agree, sleeping on their tummy or their side seems heaps better for them, hey? The poor little sausages. Hope you manage to get some housework done (or the fairy turns up - send her to Geelong once you are finishes with her ).

Trish - OMG @ all the poo at your joint! You must be thoroughly over it! With the photos of yourself as a baby, one thing I did was scan a whole bunch of the ones I love so that I have them saved to disc. That way if anything happens to the hard copies (and you don't have negatives), you at least have the image saved. Still, it's a chore to do. Probably something best kept for when the kids are older and you have some time, hey?

Nat - it sounds like little Jacob is going great guns as well as yourself. Mmmm lamb roast! I could go one of those myself. Any roast will do. I am not fussy.

Fi - thanks for your text message today. It's so nice to know that people care about what's happening. Kind of makes it all worth it, hey? Well done at multi-tasking girl! It sounds like the BFing is going really well (despite your excess of milk!). Jenna will be one chubby little thing before you know it!

Just spent the morning @ my friend's place. We sat and chatted for 3 hours without moving and Gabby slept in her arms most of the time. At the moment, I don't care where she sleeps so long as she isn't fussing. She seems to be having lots of wind though. I have been giving her some infacol before every second feed and that seems to help. She is down for a nap now. It seems like she likes this time of day to snooze. Hopefully it lasts. It has only been 30 minutes and she is notorious for waking up after a short amount of time because her tummy is sore. I know that if it has been over an hour, she is down for the count. Hopefully I will get some housework done too!

Thanks for all your support guys. It's so great to be able to vent and receive great feedback from people that really do care. You are all wonderful I just hope I can help you all out the same way some day

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG.... she is still asleep and it's nearly 7pm! Neil and Nathan have been putting more of the kitchen in. They have been drilling and banging with hammers. I have done a load of washing, used the dryer, cooked dinner, done the dishes, fed the dogs - the list goes on. She has only stirred a couple of times. Amazing! Now I am wanting her to get up so that I can get her back to bed at a decent hour, LOL.

Sarah - yay on the housework - hope you feel tons better for it!! Sounds shocking, cause I should support you spending lots of quality baby time with zander, but I reckon it makes you feel a little better to have a clean house and an empty washing basket!!

Nat - amazing weight loss!!!!! I weighed myself again tonight, and I'm down to 81kg!!! My scales read a little light, but I was tipping 93ish towards the last few days, so I'm super stoked! So now that I'm almost back to pre preggie weight, its the normal weight loss battle here on in. Exercise, good food and lots of bf!! Pleased to hear that Jacob passed all his tests.

Deb - Shane and I were worried about you all yesterday and today, so know that we are thinking about you.

Trish - I'm not sure how you cope with pooey sheets!!!!! How does she manage to get it all over the sheets too?? Go the bunny rugs - I'll be putting them down if little miss chucky comes into bed with us.

A bit annoyed with the dom midwife. She came over this afternoon and really lectured me - some of it good, but alot of it just another persons opnion. She made me put Jenna down at about 5pm, ans she's still asleep, so guess who is going to be awake at midnight... Easy for he to pop off. Iwonder if she'll come over and put missy-moo down at 11pm quite as easily.

Mum is back, and she cooked a sensational dinner for us. Man its nice having her here! Fried chicken (mum style...) mashed potato and gravy, broccoli AND home made apple crumble and custard!! YUM!! So Shane has chicken for lunch for the rest of the week.
    Oh - and she made home made soup for lunch. I love my mummy.....

Right - I dont want to wake the baby, so I'm hitting the sack. I'm falling asleep as I'm sitting here, so it makes sense to go to bed. Oh - one more good thing, Jenna is 3390g - only 60g off her birth weight and she's not a week old yet, so I'm very happy. Obviously I can't be doing things too badly. After all, her legs haven't dropped off!!

Fi

hi mummies.

i havent had the net for a couple days and it has been killing me lol.

I am so happy with life right now. DH and I are going strong my kids have been such good helpers and my baby is the apple of my eye.

She has been really bad sleeping but oh well it wont last forever. We have screaming from 7pm til 1am most nights now although she is asleep at the moment on the couch next to me (lets hope i havent spoken too soon)

I had my hair done and got some new clothes (god its good to be in jeans again) and I feel like a new woman. My back is still causing me dramas but i just try to ignore it as much as I can.

Yesterday we had to go to the mother in laws for a relative get together so they could meet Pheonix. She got some lovely gifts and I had free hands all day which was also lovely lol. I had a few drinks and was as happy as larry.

Hope all bubbies and mummies are doing good and I will now read through the posts and catch up with all the goings on.

Fi, yay on losing 10khs already!

Sarah, glad Zander has been sleeping a bit better. Good hear the constipation has gone.

Trish, yuk at all the poo. How come it gets everywhere? Do you have her nappy off when she does it?

Colleen, i am sad to see you go. Whoever that person is, poo-poo to them! Goodluck with everything and take care.

Deb, hope Gabby sleeps well tonight.

Wow Deb sounds like Gabby had a nice sleep this afternoon / evening. Glad you & Neil have worked some things out. I'm the same atm too - don't care where he sleeps as long as he sleeps! Right now, 12.22am he's in his swing - it's the only thing that's stopped the crying.

Sadly doing the washing didn't make me feel much better Fi - there is just so much other stuff that has to be done but I'm too tired. Well done on the weight loss as well, that didn't take long at all.

Yay Kayla that everything is going so well at the moment. I feel the same, but just wish the night crying would calm down just a little bit. Woohoo for the pampering, I bought some new jeans as well last week & it's funny how just a simple thing like that can make you feel great. How are your BBs going now? Not giving you too many hassles I hope.

Well as I said, Zander is in his swing at the moment wide awake just listening to his music - which BTW gets very old very quickly, there are only so many time you can listen to Twinkle Twinkle LOL! We seem to have 2 good nights & then a few bad ones, tonight is a bad one. He was really good, had his bottle at 6.00 then was asleep by 8.00. He got up for a bottle an hour ago but won't sleep now when usually at his night feeds he is out to it straight away.

His eyes are closed now, so we'll just see if that stay that way for a little bit before I trying putting him down.

Sarah, Sorry to see that you've had another bad night. Hopefully you will swap it around soon and get lots of good nights and the occassional bad one. HMMM stupid housework fairy didn't turn up

Kayla, good on you for pampering yourself. Isn't it funny how we ll go out and buy new jeans, I did the same thing. Hopefully Pheonix starts to sleep better for you too.

Tegan, nope she had her nappy on it was just a huge poo and she had wriggled herself around so that she was laying across the bed with her butt on my side. Real nice Tehya.

Fi, hopefully you got Jenna back down ok last night. Either that or you called that woman back to put her down for you. Yummy at your dinner too. If you are loosing so much weight while your mum is here imagine how much you'll loose when she's gone and theres no time for all that cooking Sounds like Jenna is growing nicely too. Go the bb's!

Deb, good to hear that you and Neil are sorting out things. I hope that Gabby went back to sleep for you at a decent hour.

Tehya is doing good. Noah STILL has gastro, I swear the minute he wakes up he poo's, haha atleast I was still in bed and Mark got it as well as the huge one yesterday afternoon Should laugh too loud, I have to spend the whole day with him and we are supposed to be going out on a picnic with my ex MIL and the boys. Atleast I can be bothered taking them to see their Grandmother, their father doesn't even talk to her. Fingers crossed that the weather stays nice, not too hot though or my babies will burn. Poor little albinos

Take care
    Trish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast