Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, April '05 #3

mooshie Guest

okay just invading your forum lol

sarah i used the metho on lani (i actually used medi swabs) which is the same sort of thing - hers was really gooey after it fell off (maybe something to do with me not drying it well - i have a thing about belly buttons - don't ask lol) i asked my echn if it was okay and she said fine - only used it twice - her belly button is lovely lol

okay i am sneaking out now - sorry

Hello - I can already feel it getting quieter in here. Come on Dee and Lesley - have your babies already!! At least there will be a pile of us together in 1-3 months for ages....

Good night last night, good morning. Waiting for this afternoon to turn to custard, but we shall see.

My netball girls lost again, but they came off the court with a smile on their faces, so its not all bad.

Trish - you are so right about the times changing thing. After all - we rub metho on our ears when they are pierced dont we?? Whats the difference between that and a belly button?
    My little girl is gobbling up all my milk at the moment. LAst night before bed I actually had nothing else to give her - and she wasn't settled so it could have turned bad.
    Oh well - when I can't do anything else I just hand her to daddy and say - heres the daughter you bloody wanted!! He had to settle her last night, and it took him quite a while.....

We have 2 sets of visitors coming tonight, why can't Shane stagger them?? They better be gone by 7:30, otherwise we dont get Jenna settled until its really, really late!!

Hope you are all well,
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Geez this thread is quiet!
    Time for Lesley and Dee to make an entrance soon I think! LOL

Has been since us two chatterboxes graduated 8-[

Ooooohhhhhhh it is really quiet in here. Sorry your girls lost netball Fi #-o
    Been nice and busy over the weekend here. Done heaps of housework - including my room for a change that looked like a bomb went off in it, been shopping (fun and food) and caught up with a few people.
    Other than that nohing else going on here. Jacob is still sleeping nicely over night and having feeds every 3 hours during the day - and a couple of "snacks". I'm amazed I can do anything with the amount of time during the day he's nuzzling on me.

Hope everyone is having a good long weekend.

Sounds like you had a really productive weekend so far Nat.

Fi bummer about the netball. Dont you love being able to hand bubs to daddy and have them deal with it lol. My dh is great like that thankk god as Pheonix is quite the handful at the moment.

Miss Nixee has decded no sleep between 11.30pm and 6am for the past 3 nights. She sleeps like an angel all day though. At least we can gain our sanity back during the day but we dont manage to sleep. Dh had that awful flu virus going around for most of the week so now he is feeling better he is giving me break during the night. I am so hoping I dont come down with it though. His mum dad and brother all have it too so chances are I will get it soon enough. Worried about Pheonix getting it though.

She has also been a little constipated which I am sure will be contributing to the sleepless nights. #-o

Debbie Lee Guest

Kayla - sorry to hear that Nixee has day and night mixed up. That must be a pain! I hope she can sort it all out soon so that you guys can get some sleep.

Nat - sounds like you guys are going well. It is amazing how often we have to feed out little bubbas, hey? It feels like the moment you finish, you have to start all over again in such a short time!

Debbie Lee Guest

Kate - Geelong hospital provided all the bath lotions etc. while we were there so I didn't take any. I did take clothes to put Gabby in though because I don't like the little gowns that they have there. I still used their nappies tho! Also, as far as lotions go, they don't really need them for the first few weeks because they have their own natural oils taking care of their bum. It's preferential, of course, but I still don't put a great deal on Gabby's bum except a little powder every now and then. She hasn't had a rash at all so far. In hospital they provide cotton balls for you to wipe their bottom with. Once I got home, I used a face washer (with warm water) for pooey bum.
    Hope that helps!

Nat - I hear ya on the feeding!! I told Shane that feeding her is a full time job as it takes up at least 6 hours of my day when you count burping, cuddling, nappy changes. Oh the mind boggles....

Kayla - Shane has been sick too - its the pits, but thankfully it didn't hit him too hard. Either that or hes put on a brave face for me. I've been quite the little cryer the last few days. Just sitting and bawling my eyes out and the smallest little thing. I think its all just reality sinking in.
    I love feeding her and then palming her off to dad. Bliss!

Kate - I wouldn't bother taking anything in to hossy either with regards to lotions etc. The only time we really needed to use anything on Jenna was to get rid of a little blood from her head. It was kinda gross. Now we just wash her in water, no soaps or anything. I use an almond oil for massage after a bath with smells yum and makes her skin so soft. I also use homemade wipes for cleaning up her botty - they are papertowel versions of babywipes, but I use a polar fleece/flannellette cloth to dry her up, so no residue stays behind to react with her skin.
    I have found she gets a reddish bottom when we are on disposable days, so I have used barrier cream a couple of times on her bottom. As for clothes - I reckon take your own baby clothes in. Its the only time she'll get a full days use of out one set of clothes, and it really makes her feel like your bubba when shes in her own gear. 4-5 days in hossy??? I hope you are in a private room!! I would have gone nuts!!

I have a cracked nipple. And it is bloody killing me!! There is a huge gaping would on the side of my nipple, and it hurts so much when she attaches. I am putting lansinoh on it the second she has finished with that side, but its SOOOOOO sore!! Actually, both boobs are sore, but this one especially so. Dont ya just love bfding??

Fi

Kate I didn't take anything into hospital with me as far as washes/lotions for Matilda, but because she was so overcooked she came out a bit scaley and our hospital didn't have lotion provided... at your next visit maybe ask what they have provided as far as that is concerned.

Fi, The Lansinol helps great just make sure you keep it up. Also fresh air and trying to keep your nipples dry (like no wet nursing pads) will hep them heal. Too bad that it's getting too cold to go topless hey

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Kate - maybe they just suggested the lotions in case you have a preference? I know it was suggested to me that I bring in a pillow. Even though they have plenty of pillows, they say it's nice for you to have one from home. Like hell! My pillows seriously need replacing - they are hideous! LOL

Fi & Kayla, your avatars are looking good

Oops just realised yours is updated too Nat!! Looking great there

OHhh girls, your new avatars look great. FI I love your plaits

Take care
    Trish

Seeesh it is quite in here!

Fi, ouchies... a cracked nipple is a killer!! Keep persisting though, your nipples will toughen up soon enough.

Kayla, yuck, at no sleep!! BLUH!! I hope Nixie has been a little bit more sleepy for you.

Nat, it sounds like Jacob is doing well, I hope he keeps it up and stats to rest more during the day so you can get more done.

Can't wait for you girls to join us in the 1-3 month thread.

Tanya

Well we can finally explain Jacob's little "fussy" periods over the last couple of days. Mr Boofa (as my mum has started calling him) has had a massive growth spurt!! Took him to the health centre this morning and told the nurse how fussy he had been, the constant feedings and sleepfullness. She said, let's just see what the scales have to say about this. Well, blow me down! Jacob put on 400gms and now weighs 4.08kgs/9lb. He has also grown 2cms over the last week and another 1cm head circumference. This also explains that darn suit that wouldn't do up around the crotch - I thought I must have shrunk it in the wash LOL!! While I was there I asked her about the blood around the belly button and her suggestion is to just use straight dettol - she even did it for me to show how much "pressure" I could use to clean it up.

Fi and Kalyla - I love our new avatars! We all look so spunky with our new bubs!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Woah Nat! That is a big growth spurt! Well done Jacob!

Love the new avatars guys!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast