Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, April '05 #3

HELLO ANYONE HOME

It`s so quiet in here ladies, you must be all very busy Mums with your new little ones.

Hope your all doing well and your bubs are tool

Take Care

Deeanne

It is very quiet isn't it? We'll just have to get you & Lesley in here soon hey Dee?!

Sounds like a good idea Sarah but by the time we`re in here everyone would have graduated onto 1 - 3 month thread.

Hello,

Sorry been quiet for a few days. Just one of those things right??
    Yay on the new Av - thanks Kathryn, its great. I lvoe being skinny again. If only IRL right??

Little miss is doing fine - the last couple of nights I haven't woken up Shane during the night, and wouldn't you know it, I've got her pretty much straight back down after her feed for a 3 hr kip. So I'm feeling alot more human, but I just need to work on the naps during the day. I just dont seem to have time! Its all very well to say - leave the housework, but realistically it just doesn't work that way with washing. it has to be done, and I have to do it!! Specially the nappies.
    Jenna is bang on the 50th percentile line for everything - weight, length, head etc. Oh my little girl is average.

Cracked nipple is a killer. I went to the lactation consultant on Tuesday for a last minute appt as I was dying - and basically I'm doing everything right. I was probably just a little lazy on a couple of midnight feeds when my eyes were hanging out of my head, and the damage was done.

Its not infected yet, but shes told me just to flop thme out whenever I can, no lanolin (keep potential messy infections away) adn just use hind milk on them. It hurts SOOOOOO much, but I'm learning to deal with the pain. I just wiggle my toes for a distraction!!

Nat - I hear ya on the growth spurt too. Jenna was feeding every 2 hours and just being unbearable, and she had put on 180g in 5 days. Probably not the gain you've experienced - but she's slowly working her way up to the magic 8lb. Deb came over yesterday and brought lunch (THANKS DEB!!! ) and Gabby looked huge in comparison. Mummy is obviously doing a very good job there.

Righto - better get off this thing as I need to have a nap!

Fi

LOL at the foot thumpers Shannon. I'd say foot thumping and toe curling all in one. My cracked nipples (read 2 of them) have only just healed. I swear they look ed like someone had taken to them with a knife and tried to chop them off.

Fi, have you tried using a nipple shield? Advent make some good ones. I used one for my feeds for around 2 days on and off just for a bit of extra protection, also lessens the pain for you.

Take care
    Trish

Nah Trish - haven't bothered with them. They are slowly getting better. I would say I only thump my feet about 20 times now at the first attachment, and then they start feeling OK.
    Oh - and at the end when you aren't 100% sure if she's finished sucking, and then she proves it by sort of sliding off the nipple and then sucking again?? Killer. Absolutely painful. I dread the feeds where I have to use the LHS. Trish - you poor thing with 2. At least I get reprieve on the RHS. I think I'd go batty if I didn't.

Shane just made a really not funny joke at a bad time. He joked about my boobs not being as good as what they were. Well that managed to get me crying.
    And yesterday at Medicare when I found out that if I went on Shane's card, me and Jenna would be behind his children in the order. Not happy. I nearly cried there too. And today when I couldn't get into see my Dr, and the receptionist told me I might have to see another dr - I nearly cried then too.
    I am pathetic.

How long til the hormones settle down??

Fi

Poor you Fi, give Shane a smack in the head too. The sad thing is though your bb's will never be the same again. Mine have gotten worse affter each kids, even though they're small they still sag and I think I have 9 inch nipples now. It's all that sucking in and out bub does to them

Hormones take a while to settle down, especially when bfing. You'd think it would all go back to normal after the baby was born hey.

Take care
    Trish

I gave Shane a verbal smack in the head last night after I cried for about 3 hrs non stop. I told him something had to give, and it was either going to be my relationship with him, with Jenna, or his relationship with her.

Today hes been very clingy, but at least he's here, and I haven't got a child strapped to me!! I'm even allowed to go and buy my camera now without a baby. What a privilige..

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - you are not pathetic by any means! They are all quite valid reasons to be upset so cut yourself a break!
    As for your boobs.... take solitude in the fact that they will always be better looking than my over-sized tea bags, LOL. Shane is nordy for pushing your buttons like that. He is such a stirrer!

Hi all,

Almost May.... I tried to post in it and found I couldn't cause we aren't there yet!! Baby brain I guess!

Hey Kathryn - if you see this, I posted Jenna's details on about page 5 of the #2 April Newborn thread. I cant see the thread, I guess its been archived already. Do I have to post all the info again, or can you find it??

Girls lost netball again today. Poor things, but at least they got 15 goals, which is pretty good. They only lost by 12, it was a fairly good effort. I can't wait to get on the court again - I had itchy feet!!

Boob is still super sore. I have started expressing first thing in the morning when my boobies are huge. This morning I got 80 ml off my left one (the sore one....) and still managed to feed a bit more off it. Not long now and I'll have enough for a night out without the baby. Yippee!!!

BTW - Does anyone know how much a feed is of EBM for a newborn?? I know Jenna would keep drinking until no more is offered, and then she'd cry. We finally relented and gave her a dummy last night to settle her. 10 mins later, she was in lala land, and slept for 5 hours!!! FABULOUS!!

Fi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345