Thread: Newborn to 1 Month, February '05

Default Newborn to 1 Month, February '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for February 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - Feb '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Pam21
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 22 February 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3400gm - 52 cm - ?
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tahlia Claire
    Baby's Website:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scarlett
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB 6/2/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3390g, 49cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emily Marie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Wind, day/night confusion
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early

Forum Name:Suzie
    State:Tasmania
    Baby's DOB:11 January 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 6p 2ozs - Length 49 cm - Head Circ - 36.5 cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Dominic David William
    Baby's Website:None
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: just over three weeks premmie...

Wow im the first one to write in here!!! Dominic had his CHN check up today,and they are so happy with him,in one week he has put on 7.5 ounces.... I cant believe it!!! I thought it was great when he only lost 90 grams and no more before he left hospital,and then regained his birth weight in the first week,but this is really good...He is 6 p 12 1/2 ounces now,so it wont be long and he will weigh 7 pound....
    he is sleeping fantastically too,from 11pm to about 5am every night....
    Just wish i could get myself to go to bed when he does!!!
    Looking forward to hearing from all you other mums...

Hi Suzie

Great to have you in here even though it won't be long and you will be out again. It sounds like Dominic is a dream baby YAY on the big sleeps that is always a bonus.

Love

Thanks,he is a dream baby...
    yeah,not long and i will be in the next one up,but it has taken this long for me to organise any significant time on the computer!!!But his big sleeps are helping now...

Great to hear from you Suzie. Wow at sleeping from 11pm to 5am. That's amazing. Lily used to sleep 8hrs a night but now she's anywhere from 5hrs to 10 hrs(sunday night)! Looking forward to seeing you in the 1-6mths thread!

Scarlett Guest

Newborn to 1 Month List - Feb '05

Forum Name:
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 6/2/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3390g, 49cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emily Marie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Wind, day/night confusion
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early

Thanks for adding me

Pam21 Guest

Forum Name: Pam21
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 22 February 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3400gm - 52 cm - ?
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tahlia Claire
    Baby's Website:

Pam21 Guest

Well I am not suprised that there are hardly any ppl in this forum! Most sane ppl are probably sleeping in their spare time rather than talking on here.

I had a slightly better sleep last night with my DP getting up to her all night and just bringing her to me in bed for a feed.

Today she seemed to want to be fed from about 9am until 5pm. I would feed her, she would fall asleep feeding, then wake up and want to keep feeding or wake up 10 minutes later wanting to be fed. She went to sleep about an hour ago (thank god!) so I can have a bit of a rest now.

Hopefully this is a good thing. Maybe it means she will sleep most of the night and be more wakeful during the day *fingers crossed*.

Anyway, would be good to hear from any other new mothers to see how they are coping and what their concerns (if any) are, might help me realise i am not the only one that is worried about everything! hehe

Never fear Pam it wont be long and this forum will be buzzing

Love

Scarlett Guest

Hey Pam, glad there is someone else in here too!! IKWYM about having time though - its a toss up at the moment, spend time on the internet of sleep when I can.

Emily also has an erratic feeding pattern, at times (mostly) she will go 3 hours but then like last night she wanted food every hour from 8-1.30 when she finally slept for 5 hours yey. She is definently confused about day vs night and the midwives have encouraged me to keep her awake after day time feeds for about an hour - no mean feat let me tell you. I feel like the biggest, meanest parent that ever lived. But will keep trying if it means at 2am she will go back to sleep and not want to play.

Pam21 Guest

oh, that sucks. Feeding every hour is the worst, feels to me when she does that that i don't know where one feed ends and the next starts, just feels like she is feeding constantly!

Well she ended up sleeping from 5pm until 3am! which is quite a long time and probably not the best. A midwife came around this morning and i told her about it. My milk hadn't come in properly yesterday but has overnight, so the midwife said that she might not have been getting enough yesterday, which is why she was awake, and was probably exhausted which is why she slept so long.

She is back to normal so far today, just waiting to make sure she is fast asleep before I go and jump in the shower finally!

Oh and her weight is nearly back to her birthweight, only 50g to go and apparently she is gaining an average of 60g per day!

The biggest problem i am having at the moment is finding time to make and eat food. It seems everytime i go to cook something or sit down to eat she wakes up and wants to eat too! hehe