Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, June '05

Just me again!

Hannah now officially has a webpage with pictures!

Just wanted to share my little angel with you all. So cute. Makes it all worthwhile.

Awwww what a cutie Juliette You must be one very proud mummy!

Juliette - great photos! You have a gorgeous little girl.
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww! I wanna see the pics but the page wouldn't work for me, Juliette. Will keep trying

Hey again everyone

Thanks for all the welcomes
    Still going really well, i know that could change at any moment so i am enjoying every moment while i can.
    Changed his teats over last night and what a difference, the other ones were way too slow, so gone from 40min feeds and him barely wanting to finish it, to 10 min feed and him draining bottle, so he is has just slept and ate since last night.
    bieleemorris yes the second time around is a lot better, well for me anyway, but last time i had really bad post natal depression so not too have it this time is certainly a huge help to how i am coping with it all.
    Hope everyone else is going well and getting there.
    And congrats to the one monthers

Take care
    Belinda

Hello Everyone,

Hope all your little ones are doing well.

Today we got a phone call from the paediatrician at that hospital. When they did an u/s 2 days before i had Alex they thought he had a problem with his kidney well they never cheked them once he was born. So we know have to go on Thursday for Alex to have an u/s done then wait till the week after to see the paediatrician to find out if anything is wrong.
    I am so worried he may have a problem. DH does not think he has but you just don;'t know. Not sure how i am going to get through these next two weeks.

Other than that Alex is doing well he is now just under 3kilos.

Hope the next two weeks goes really quick for you and everything turns out ok.

Hi Belinda,

What bottles do you use for Mason ?
    When i changed Alex's over to a faster teat he started wheezing really bad so we had to change him back to a slow one. He takes ages to feed also.

I had him on pur slow flow teats and they are way too slow for him.
    The teats i am using now were on a pack of bottles i bought from big W, they are a little fast so he feeds are pretty messy but he seems to be keeping them down.
    I would try another medium flow teat brand as they all vary so much, i know it works out a bit of a waste of money but when feeds are taking forever in the middle of the night i think its worth it

Alex takes ages at night also. I may in a few weeks change his teats again and see what happens.

It's worth a try, i remember with Luke i tried heaps of different teats before i found one i was happy with. This parenting thing is so much of trial and error, while the companies who make all the stuff get richer!

Good luck with it

Juliette - Hannah is just gorgeous, what a lovely site you have for her. Ypu look so happy with her, great to see.

Michelle - I bet those 2 weeks will be agnoising for you, poor thing. I am sure that Alexander will be fine though.

Belinda - my midwives told to try all the cheaper brand teats first as they are generally the best. She said Safeway/Coles brands ones are just as good as the others. Good luck on finding the right teat!

Hey Shannon, glad to hear little Jessalyn did so well at her MRI. Just another one of those weird experiences outside the nice warm cosy womb I guess! Pretty full on that the urologist wants to have everything done before she's 3 months. Glad she's feeding well and is otherwise happy. I hope she copes ok sleeping in the hospital. Maybe you could take her in with you to settle her...and then "fall asleep" yourself "accidentally" before you put her back!

Thanks to everyone for your comments about the pics of Hannah! I guess I'm biased, but I think she's pretty cute too

Debbie Lee Guest

Shannon - that is such a crock that the hosptial doesn't let you co-sleep!! Honestly! Public liability has gone too far. I'm with Juliette... maybe you could convieniently fall asleep accidently
    Good to hear that you are in just positive spirits and you are rapt to no longer be pregnant, LOL.
    Sounds like everything is going really well. Even though Jessalyn has a lot ahead of her, all this great stuff will hold her in good stead I reckon

Shannon - OMG @ all her operations being performed by the time Jessalyn is 3 months. Glad that Jessalyn did well with her MRI`s. Co sleeping in hospital has reminded me one night at our birthing hospital, it was night 2 after Matthew was born, he just wouldn`t settle no matter what Mark did, we buzzed the nurse numerous times to help but they really weren`t much help at all, poor Mark was exhausted so eventually I told Mark to give Matthew to me and I put him beside me and he went to sleep, the nurse came in at 7am, saw Matthew asleeep with me and immediately put him back into the crib, I wasn`t impressed especially when she turned around and asked if we had a good night, I mean to say we buzzed her so many times throughout the night because we couldn`t get him settled ](*,) You have a point about Jessalyn`s stitches though, I hadn`t given that a thought.

Juliette - I loveeeeeeeeee the photos of Hannah.

Hope everyone`s well.

Take Care

Deeanne

hi girls. am typing one handed with hannah attached to my left nipple. ahhhh....the quiet!!!

she screamed the house down this morning. i was going batty so i bundled her up in the car and went into town. seemed to work a treat!! she was so good and quiet in her pram. I spent the morning trying to sort out the maternity paymeny/family tax benefit stuff. how long before the payment comes through??? i want to get hannah one of those fisher price ocean wonders rockers...

how is everyone else doing?

I guess you're right about the stitches being a potential problem shannon...bummer! i am sure she'll learn to sleep beside you in a cot...as long as she knows youre there...

thanks deeanne!!

*Yvette* Guest

Hi girls, just popping in to stalk Shannon

Glad to hear you and Jessalyn are doing well Shannon. Lol @ enjoying not being pg. Sounds like you're doing brilliantly. I can understand you being scared about surgeries so young on your precious bundle. I was a mess just seeing Lola through ultrasounds, DTPA scan & renal MCU as a bub. 6 hours sleep is brilliant, I'm sure she'll soon sleep in the cradle the way you're going, (when you're good and ready ).

Thinking of you.

PS Love the avatar!!

I too am stalking Shannon LOL, does it feel like you are being watched Shannon?

I am so glad you have a clear picture of when things will happen, fingers crossed for best possible scenario on the 17th. AS for the sleeping thing, the stitches could be a prob but I think you need to do what suits you best atm and maybe after you get the results and know the complete picture then you can decide which way to go, plus she's just brand new, she's not in a routine yet so I wouldn't be worried yet. I must say it is good to hear you so positive, and also good to hear that you are enjoying your dd and your end of pg too.

Hi to everyone els in here *don't want you to think I don't care about you guys* and Juliette I took a peek at Hannah too and I agree she is very cute!

Best wishes Michelle

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast