Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, June '05

Shannon - Sorry to hear Jessalyn has a cold and also reflux. Sorry i have not caught up on how everything went with the MRI but i promise i will soon.

I don't have much time at the moment with MIL here. The kids have had heaps brought for them well Kimberley has more than Alex.

When they do the scan on Thursday they are looking for "dilataion if the right ureter with a possiblity of a duplex collecting system" not to such what it means other than he might have 2 tubes coming from his right kidney. If he has this not sure what will happen next.

I will try and catch up with you all later. I promise

Hey girls

I hope little Jessalyn is feeling better soon Shannon. There is nothing worse than having a sniffly nose when you're trying to sleep. Poor kid and poor mum!

Hope all goes well for you and Alex on Thursday Michelle. We'll be thinking of you.

Have another child health appointment today at 12. More for my benefit than Hannah's. They seem to want to keep a close eye on me and my mental health with my history and after the shocking baby blues I had in hospital. I think everyone expects me to fall in a heap. I think I'm doing well! I can't afford to go back to being neurotic about food and weight while I am trying to ensure adequate nutrition through my breastmilk for Hannah. I just want to be a good mum!

hey everyone

Stupid internet hasnt worked in days, gggrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Well now it is time to catch up again

Shannon glad the MRI went ok
    And in relation to Luke its good sometimes and bad at others, he still has some issues about it all, but generally he has been pretty good about it.

Mason was going great guns when i commented last time, and i knew it was all too good to be true! Now the poor thing is constipated and i think its from the faster flow teats i used the other day but who knows, so have gave him some water with brown sugar yesterday and started a bit of something happening, but might give him more today, poor thing is in so much pain with it.

Any other suggestions that you might of got from health nurse to fix the problem would be appreciated as well.

So had my first crap day yesterday morning but not so bad considering it took me nearly two weeks to have one, but i slept when he slept so made it a bit better.

Glad to see everyone else is going well with it all and i have avoided co sleeping this time around even though its so tempting, but i cant do it with the quilt and stuff on my bed, Luke was a summer baby so i knew he had nothing to get tangled in.

Had a scare the other morning i thought i better check on Mason and when i did the wrap he had on was wrapped all around his face, when i took it off he was gasping for breath, nearly had a heart attack!
    Told hubby he needs to wrap him better when he feeds him in the morning, he didnt realise though so i couldnt really get too angry with him.

Well i think i have rambled enough for one post lol

Take care
    Belinda

Shannon- I am just coming in to say that I think you too are doing great, and your attitude is also terrific. It is good that they want to be there for you though so albeit annoying at least they are monitoring the situation in case you do need help. Keep up the positive attitude and doing what you are doing.

Michelle- hope all goes well tomorrow with Alexander, will be thinking of you both.

Cheers Michelle

*Megan* Guest

Hello Everyone

Can I pop in here as well? (Thanks Shannon for the link to this thread...I was a little ahead of myself in the 3month thread!! LOL!!!)

I have been looking at all of your baby pics more then catching up on what you have been writing! Shannon, Belinda, Dee and Juliette - your bubs are beautiful...Michelle - I have already commented on little Alex - so you know that I think he is just gorgeous! Sorry to hear that you are having some health problems - please keep in touch....

Well, life is good here with our little family. I gave birth via c/s 6 days ago and am recovering well. I am bfeeding - but this is really hard and I am in a lot of pain! Fingers crossed it will get better soon....

I am loving life as a mother! Mind you - am not sleeping, and feel a bit like a feeding and changing machine, but wouldn't change it for the world...

DH is looking after the baby now and I need to find some more info on sore nipples, so will pop back in later on.

Hope that you are all well and I will look forward to catching up with you all soon

Megan

Great to have you in here Megan. They grow up way to quick as it is, you don't want to make it worse by posting in the thread 3 months ahead LMAO.

If you want to have your details added just check out the start of this thread and leave a msg with yoru details in it.

Love

oooh thankyou for the Shannon

Love

Hannah and I had our appointment with the child health nurse today. She's put on 360g this week (last wednesday to today), and is now over 4kg. I'm thinking it won't be long before she's out of the newborn nappies! I hope I didn't stock up on too many! I feel pretty good knowing that my breastmilk is doing it's trick. Only problem is, I might have to stop taking the bf multivitamin (the blackmores one) because her poos are turning green (too much iron apparently).

I am also being encouraged to go on the mums with prams walk that is on tomorrow morning at 930am. I guess it's a good opportunity to get out and meet people. I haven't made many friends since moving here 2 years ago....I just feel kinda shy all of a sudden (not like me). I'm really nervous about meeting new people and making friends...haven't had to do it in a while - living in Brisbane I had all the friends I've had for ages...

Forum Name: Angel
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 25 May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3040g (6lb 10oz) Length - 51cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name: Kynan Gunter
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babywriggles
    Health Concerns: mild reflux
    Notes: Induced at 37w5d due to high BP and Kynan not moving well or practicing his breathing properly.

Hi everyone!

Thought I would join in here as well. Will try and catch up with where everyone's at!

Can't believe Kynan is 2wks old already! We saw the CHN again yesterday (Kynan was losing weight again). Thankfully he has gained a quite a bit 220g in 5 days which takes him to 3060g (finally over his birthweight!). Unfortunately he has a slight case of reflux. CHN called him an unhappy chucker LOL. We've raised one end of his cot insert and keep him more or less upright during/after feeds and that seems to have helped a bit.

Anyway, will try and catch up again later. Gotta go get the washing off the line before it gets too dark!

Angel - I have added your details.... so glad to hear that Kynan has gained weight

Welcome Megan, hope everything is going well with you too...

And to all the new bubs and mums, hope you are all well and enjoying your time with your babies.

Well, I bit the bullet and went on the Mums with prams walk this morning. I am glad I did. I met some lovely mothers, and some cute kids. It was good to get out of the house - except I wore denim shorts, and forgot that I hadn't shaved my legs for over a month (can you imagine???). Gotta do some serious deforestation before next week's walk!

Is anyone finding that their shoes don't fit like they used to? I had serious fluid retention in pregnancy (part of the pre-eclampsia)...but that's gone down now, and my feet still seem a size bigger. I guess the bones must have flattened out with the excess weight? I haven't worn closed in shoes since the first few months of pg, and my running shoes are a tad tight!

Any excuse to go shoe shopping I guess!

Welcome Angel and Megan!!!! Lots of 'lil newborn bubbies on BB now!! All born within a few days of each other too... Very exciting.

Good on you for getting the house done yesterday Shannon - just make sure you're not overdoing it, and that you make time to rest!

Great that Kynan has put on a bit of weight Angel. Reflux is horrible isn't it? Hannah gets it a couple of times a day...doesn't seem to worry her too much though. I was in the shops yesterday and she threw up all down my front - it went down the front of my shirt (on the inside) and down my bra. Very squishy and disgusting feeling! But we love 'em anyway!

Sounds like you're going great guns Megan. Sorry to hear you have sore nipples. I have a chunk out of my right one....I find that Lansinoh pure lanolin is great on them, as is expressing a bit of milk and rubbing it on the nipple then going topless for a while helps. I have been using a nipple sheild (avent one) when it gets too sore....hope you get it sorted soon! How are you finding recovery from your c-section?

Welcome Angel and Megan

Juliette - I found also my shoes to tight after having pre-eclampsia i now can't wear half of my shoes.
    LOL @ you not shaving your legs for a month. I am the same i thought the other day i better do them soon.

Alexander had his ultra sound today poor little thing cried the whole time as he had to have no clothes on. He does not have the 2 tubes coming from his right ureter but both his kidnesy are dilalated (sp?) so not all his product waste is coming out it is backing up in to his kidneys. The nice lady that did the scan said it is nothing to worry about and it is very common in boys. I now just have to wait until next week to see the Dr to find out what happens next.

I can't believe in 2 days time Alexander will be a month old.

Thanks for the welcome guys

Shannon, sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. Well done on getting the housework done though! I've been so slack... vacuumed the bedroom today and that was it LOL.

Juliette, ew at spew getting down the inside of your shirt LOL. That's good that it doesn't worry Hannah too much. Poor Kynan gets upset after he vomits and is unsettled for ages. Thankfully keeping him upright helps!

Megan, had a look at your site. Love the pics! You look great. I looked like such a mess after the birth LOL. I use Lansinoh as well. Kynan seems to attach well but somehow I've still ended up with a little blister type thing on one of my nipples. Ow.

Michelle, well that's good that the lady said it's nothing to worry about. Not that it will stop you worrying I imagine LOL! Let us know how things go next week.

*Megan* Guest

HI everyone!

Thanks again for all of the welcomes....and thank you Shannon for adding my details in the right thread...silly me!! Kathryn - thanks for posting them! Time is already flying - little Finlay is 1 week old today....

Hi Angel - glad to hear that Kynan is putting on weight. We had our first visit from a midwife today and Finlay has put on 150g in 4 days which is good. I never thought I would get so excited about poos, wees and burping!

Juliette - glad to hear that you went walking with other mums - I am going to an ABA meeting at a cafe next week so hopefully I will get to meet other mums too! I am recovering really well from the c/s. It has been a week today and I have been feeling really good since Tues. I don't have very much pain and can walk more every day. How are you feeling?

Megan

*Megan* Guest

Shannon - so sorry to hear that Jessalyn had a bad night. That must have been sooooo scary for the 2 of you! I am just glad that she is alright now...

I have a question about newborns - are they supposed to sleep a lot? Little Finlay has been sleeping nearly all day today and I'm not sure if this is normal!! Should we be aiming to keep him up a little longer during the day? Any tips or expereinces would be most welcome..

Hope that everyone else is doing OK!

Megan

Oh no Shannon - poor Jessalyn, glad you got through the night okay. BTW, you are allowed to be depressing in posts on here, we are all here to hear it so post away if you need to!

Megan - they do sleep lots and lots. I felt the same when we first had Matty home. It was like, change, feed, sleep, change, feed, sleep. I felt like playing with him and all he did was sleep! You'll gradually notice he'll have more awake time as he gets older.

Yes enjoy it and rest up yourself!

Hey again everyone

Stupid internet wouldnt let me connect again for days!!

Glad to see everyone seems to be going ok and welcome to the new mums.

Well Mason has been going good, still having a few problems with him been blocked up but getting there, chemist give me coloxyl drops and they took a couple of days to work but at least they did. He has worked out the best place for him to relax is in my lap, so calling him lapboy. They say you cant spoil them this early but i swear each generation gets smarter and smarter and they know what they want!

Went on my first night out friday night and first hangover yesterday in awhile, it sucked! But hubby was great and done everything, only reason i went out was because i knew he would. Everyone said i looked great for having a baby 2 wks ago so nice boost to my ego anyway.

Will catch up on personals when my stupid internet connects better.

Take care
    Belinda

Hi Girls,

Wow Shannon...I just read your post from Friday - OMG how scary! That must have given you quite a fright. Glad to hear you're both doing better now, and that you had a great night. I have to keep my bedside lamp on all night for Hannah too. I don't mind either. Makes it easier when I wake up and have to change her nappy or feed her or something.

Good to hear from you Belinda. I noticed you hadn't been around for a little while. Way to go - getting out on Friday night!

Megan..seems that little Finlay has got the right idea! As long as he's waking to feed every few hours it's pretty normal for newborns to sleep most of the time.

As for Hannah and I, we've been doing well. She's getting a pretty good routine happening at night (awake for feeds at 10pm, 1:30am, and 4am - though sometimes she only snacks at 4 and then wakes every hour from there for a 10 min snack until 7ish. That can get annoying. It's better than the all night screaming we had for the first week though.)

Had a visit from my best friends Ambah, and Becka (Beckibee on BB) yesterday, and they stayed last night. It was great to catch up. We don't do it very often anymore now that I live 3 hours from Brisbane. AND they brought up the Flutterby Dreams Baby Swing that my Dad bought for Hannah. Very cute. Hannah's not too sure about it just yet...but I'm hoping it will be a bit of a saviour for me when I need to clean the house, and I can have her in that where she can still see me. Very cool.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast