Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, June '05

Glad i'm not the only one in daggy tracky pants. Can't fit into much yet

Jo

Stormi Guest

I have no idea how much weight I have lost. I only got weighed twice during my pg, towards the end. I go more on how clothes fit (or don't fit lol).

I'm so tired. A friend was supposed to come and visit this arvo but her daughter is home sick today so she postponed. Riley goes to preschool this arvo, so I will feed Miss M and have a nap after lunch while the house is quiet and DH only has Miss M to attend to.

Has anyone else got one of those Snug as a Bug wrap things? I was looking at them online somewhere then DH's aunty got us one. They are like thick polar fleece and they have a hood and leg/feet bits, and the middle bit wraps around them and has velcro to fasten it, so it's similar to being wrapped in a bunny rug but has the leg bit so they can actually go into a pram etc with it and the harness will go around them.

Better get back to tidying up so everythings done when it gets to my nap time lol

*Megan* Guest

Hello Everyone

Brooke - sorry to hear that you are having a hard time at the moment. I found the first 2 weeks really challenging as well and find the lack of sleep really stressful! I am expressing at times also, but bought an electric pump that works really well. Which pump are you using?
    Great news about the weight loss! I have 3 kilos to loose....

Lisa - glad to hear that you are recovering well - I still have a little belly and I am really frustrated about it!! As I can't exercise like I would like to yet - I think it will be hanging around for a little while yet...

Must dash - little Finlay is yelling for his mum!

Megan

Stormi Guest

Kate - we haven't used the Snug As A Bug yet - we only got it on Sunday and it's been raining here every day - I'm so hanging to go for a walk! It looks pretty good though.

Brooke - Kenzie fits pretty well into 000 bonds wondersuits with sleeves turned up once. She has all these other cute outfits, some 0000 but mostly 000, that are HUGE! Some of the 0000 outfits are as big as 00 clothes!

As for the boys, DH has been looking after them mostly. I've been able to do a bit more in the last couple of days though. I'm sure we'll get into our routine soon enough though.

I have to get a breast pump. The lactation consultant at hospital recommended Avent brand ones (manual). Most people recommend those, I think after those they say Medela is good too. They are so expensive though! About $100 for the Avent one. I bet if I buy one I'll end up using it once only.

Anyway, better go have some dinner

hey guys - i thought i should quickly poke my head into the new thread. I keep visiting june and july and dont feel as if i have graduated to newborn thread but here goes.

My milk came in yesterday and my rocks became boulders- holy moly i didnt know that they could get any bigger than pre birth i was C and went to E now im F or G!! They are twice the size of Hendrix's head.

Hendrix is wearing 0000 bonds suits with sleeves rolled up once. I only have two of these though as people told me that they wouldnt fit into them and that they would be 000, but these are massive on him, poor little man.

I have a medula harmony manual breast pump and it seems to work well (ive only used it to express a little so that hendrix can latch on, otherwise they are too big for his little mouth.

anyway gotta go catch some z's

p.s brooke you are posting for kate when the bub comes arent you??

How often is Maya waking through the night (after how many hours approx??) and is she sleeping longer or is these patterns the same as from birth??

My boobs reck - they look all lumpy and gross too, hope they settle down soon as poor Hendrix is slightly overpowered at the moment by gigantor bb's

hey guys have just put up some pics of Hendrix from the birthing centre, twelve hours young, will add some more recent on soon

Stormi Guest

Geez, you girls whinging about your boob size again lol. Well mine didn't get any bigger when my milk came in - I think they might have at the start but I think they are pretty much the same now as through pregnancy. I could do with a bit more up top.

I slept so much yesterday. Dh was going out today and wasn't sure for how long and I knew I wouldn't get a nap today so made sure I slept heaps yesterday. I think I slept too much though, feel a bit groggy today.

Makenzie is still being a pretty good baby. She hasn't vomited again so I hope it was just a one off thing. I rang the baby clinic today to make an appointment but they weren't answering so the receptionist or whoever it was said they'd get them to ring me back. Not that I normally go to the baby clinic much but I want to see how much weight she has gained. In hospital on day 4 she'd lost more than 10% bodyweight already and they were worried about that but the next day they weighed her she had gained 90g in one day lol.

I rang the vascular dude this morning about my leg - he said if the clot was going to move or get worse it does it in the first week to 10 days, and it's the same as before so he's not worried about it. It will take a few weeks for it to clear up though - I don't need more scans but I have to wear my compression stockings 24/7 and keep taking the aspirin for a few weeks and try and keep active (ie walking). So that's not too bad, at least it's not painful anymore.

Should go and tidy up I suppose. DH has gone to do the grocery shopping. I have big piles of mess on my desk and elsewhere. Have to make sure I keep on top of it, doesn't take long for it to get out of control otherwise lol.

Hi all

I have finally surfaced for the day (or whats left of it). Erykah was awake from 6pm till 4am. I was unable to settle her. When she did fall asleep if I put her down on her back in her bassinet she instantly woke throwing her arms and legs in the air. Quite distressed.

There were times when no matter what I did she was crying. I think it is colic and am giving her infants friend.

This was the worst night so far with her as until now she has been an angel. I hate seeing them in pain and unable to do anything for her.

She slept till 9 then I fed and winded her and got her back down by 10am. Then I woke her at 2 for a feed mainly as my huge breasts (I am also a G cup!) were hurting from her feedin so much yesterday and not feeding for 4/5 hours.

I hope we have a better night tonight. For her sake aswell as mine. Poor thing its awful to have her in such pain.

I am glad for this website as all my family support are back in the UK. Mum does call me daily but it is hard for her to help out when she is sooo far away.

Luckily DH helps me loads. He woke at 3am and tried to settle her for me. I felt awful as he has to be up for work and the planned early night went out the window when she wouldn't settle.

I was meant to be going out today but I cancelled need rest.

Anyway she is stirring so best go see to her.

Anyone got any useful tips for dealing with Colic? Or is there a better alternative to Infants Friend. Any advice greatly appreciated

Jo

[-o< for a good night tonight

LOL at you girls and your bib BB`s, they do settle down eventually until your little ones decide to have a 9 hour sleep then they are great big boulders leaking everywhere.

Jo - sorry I can`t help out with the questions on colic, Matthew has a little bit of reflux which thankfully doesn`t seem to worry him. Hope you have a better night tonight. Have you tried feeding Erykah in bed at night, I started this when Matthew got the flu at 12 days and wouldn`t settle and I was exhausted, I ended up lying in bed feeding him and it settled him, a couple of times I was so exhausted I fell asleep with him still feeding, now when he wakes at night I still bring him into bed to feed but as soon as he is finished I pop him straight back into his cradle for the night, I also think he`s starting to put 2 and 2 together and realise we only do this at night so hopefully he`ll eventually sleep right through. I have had 3 nine hour sleeps at night but majority are 4 - 5 hours.

I`ve had a look at your baby`s websites and I have to say all your babies are beautiful.

Have a good night girls.

Take Care

Deeanne

*Megan* Guest

hi Girls - I am to move on from this thread today - but may hang around a few days longer...

I have a Meduela (sp?) electric breast pump that I bought through Mothers Direct - it is fantastic and I have started to freeze breast milk already as I have loads of it! My boobs are still leaking and massive, so I'm not sure when this slows down?? :-s

Finlay is a really good baby and has 1 unsettled period per day and it is usually in the early morning. He sleeps well after a feed and I feed him every 3-4 hours. He is now wearing 000 - but is nearly too big for them as he is 4.5kilos now!!! He has outgrown his 0000...

Glad to hear that you are all doing well. I hope that the lactation consultant appointment is useful Brooke - I found mine fantastic as I had a few inital problems bfeeding. Please let us know how you go...

Heather - Hendrix is gorgeous! More photos please! How did you find the birth? Are you still sore?

I am getting up twice in the night to feed - I am really craving 4 hours sleep in a row...hopefully this will be soon!

Hello Jo!!

Hello Lisa!!

Better fly - loads to do

Megan

Hey girls

Megan - i am yet to post my birth story, have got it all in point form so will do it tonight or tomorrow. but it was really short - 4.5hours and really really intense, but because it was over so quickly it was an amazing experience. I had a water birth but was only in the water for the second stage (which was only 20 mins) as the midwife was delivering someone else as well and she was ahead of me so i was only allowed to get in the bath once she had had her baby. Once the midwife put hendrix on my belly i fell immediately in love but was in some serious shock as just four hours ago we had been at home eating dinner watching the wedding singer!! Anyway will put the full editiion up tomorrow.

I had an awesome day today as we ventured out for the first time into the big wide world (westfield bondi junction)!! I thought of the experience that hendrix would either freak out or be ok and when dh and i arrived we were freaking about the noise, lights etc and i was thinking what have we done?? Anyway we were out for 3.5 hours and he slept the whole time like an angel- im very much in love with my boy!!

I hope everyone else has had a great day

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567