Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, May '05

Hi Girls :wave:

Well I`m finally here with little Matthew, well not so little, everyone comments on how big he is and long, he looks just like Daddy as I thought all along he would, so far he has been such a good little man, a couple of unsettled moments but will normally sleep for approx 3 hours after each feed.

We all came home today, I say all as it includes Mark as well, he has been wonderful has been with me every night in hospital except for the night before the funeral.

I`m feeling really tired, these broken sleeps really catch up with you. Will post more info tomorrow.

Take Care

Deeanne

Good to hear from you Dee. It sounds like Matthew is doing well, and letting mummy rest.
    Well done girl

Tanya

Welcome back Dee & welcome Matthew

Congrats Dee - lovely to have you back! And welcome of course to Matthew.

Well - its typical, but Jenna is a month today, so I can officially go to the next forum. Had my 4 week weighin yesterday and she is up to 4060g, 420g increase in 2 weeks!! No wonder that 0000 suit was hard to do up yesterday.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Welcome home, Dee! Good to hear that Matthew is sleeping well. Sounds like you guys are going great.

Fi - YAY on Jenna's huge weight gain! That's a fair effort. It's great to see that what you are doing is working, isn't it?

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd May, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4200gms/ 9lb 4oz Length - 53.5cms Head Circ - 36cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Kenneth Ian.
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/deeannemark/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) - None as yet.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days late, born via c/s due to CPD which we only found out about 1 day before the c/s.

Thank you girls for all the welcomes.

We were so glad to get out of our delivery hospital and transferred to our post natal hospital. At the delivery hospital they didn`t attend to me how they should, thankfully Mark was with me so he had two dependents while there, I was so sore that Mark had to help me out of bed, onto the toilet, off the toilet, having a shower, get my legs into my undies. It is amazing what they will do and there is no way I could have coped without him being there for me. Once we transferred over to the other Hospital it was so much nicer, we even had a double bed, they fed Mark plus there was only 1 other baby there plus a pregnant woman in for rest so it was very very quiet and the Midwives were lovely.

Mark coped better then we both thought at the funeral but I really think it`s because we had Matthew with us, Mark clung to him throughout the service, I`m just so thankful that it worked out that we were able to have Matthew with us on Friday, it was a very emotional draining day but he certainly helped the pain.

My little boy eats so much, on Thursday he had dropped 10% of his body weight and was down to 3820gms, by Sunday he was back up to 4150gms and yesterday when we were discharged he had passed his birthweight and is 4360gms and head circumference from 36cms to 37cms, they didn`t do his length but I`m sure he`s grown in that direction also. I can`t believe where I put him, he is just so big no wonder I was so uncomfortable, he`s the biggest baby on my side of the family.

Matthew is so alert but hardly ever grizzles and if he does it doesn`t take much for him to stop, he`ll often self settle himself in his cradle. We had a good night last night, slept from 11pm to 2pm, down again at 2.50am where he settled himself up at 7am, and this morning he was down at 9am up at 12pm, had a feed then went to sleep feeding so was down again at 12.30pm.

BF is going great, Midwives at Post Natal Hospital kept praising me on how successful the BF was going for a 1st time Mum, they`ll give me a 10/10, It was so lovely to hear.

Hopefully I`ll have some company in here soon but if not I`m sure you`ll find me in here talking about my wonderful husband and son..

Take Care

Deeanne

Hey Dee! Welcome back to the world of BellyBelly!

Matthew sounds like he is doing wonderfully, hope you and Mark are also doing well. Thank goodness Mark was there for you at the hospital.

I am soo glad to hear that the breastfeeding is going well too.

Please put up some piccies of the little man soon!

Yay for Mark being so helpful at the hospital Dee I wish Aaron was allowed to stay, he was only allowed in during normal visiting hours, so I left my showers until he could come in, dry my legs & help me get dressed.

Sarah - What a shame that Aaron couldn`t stay, they are such a great help when you really need them. I was a bit worried about getting into our shower at home as it`s over the bath but I think Mark was more worried then me as he came in to make sure I could get over the bath.

Nell - I`m going to get Mark to put some photos up later today, we already have 2 rolls of film developed plus whats on the digital plus we`re half way through another roll of film. I have a number of photos from the c/s, I think they are just incredible so will put those up too, they start from just his head being out to his whole body, they are lovely to have since I didn`t see any of that, they did pop me up when he was fully out though.

Take Care

Deeanne

Yay Dee - so nice to hear your news. I'm pleased you had Matthew there for the funeral, it must have made it so much more bearable - if that is at all possible.
    You are really lucky to have photos of the c/s. Shane tried to take photos of me in theatre, and they wouldn't let him past the curtain until Jenna was delivered and he cut the cord. Cherish those ones.

It sounds like there will be a heap of people in here to join you soon.... but please pop into the 1-3mth if you get lonely. I have a funny feeling you might not have too much time to surf the net though! Other priorities and stuff. And big pat on the back for Mark, he sounds like an angel.

Fi

We have the same thing - the shower over the bath & yeah Aaron was more worried than I was about that!

Welcome home Dee. Your details have been added to the start of the thread

Love

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - sounds like things are going marvelously for you guys! Wow @ Matthew stacking on the weight before you guys came out of hospital. That's great! Sounds like Mark has been a tower of strength too. Good on him! It was great that he was able to stay in with you.

Sarah - I can't believe that Aaron could only come in to see you during visiting hours! Neil was allowed in at any time of the day (I think partners have to leave around 9-10pm tho). In saying that though, the visiting hours for Geelong is only 4pm-8pm so I guess they have to let partners come in.

Our visiting hours were 10am-12.30pm then 2.30pm-8.00pm. Aaron asked to stay a bit longer on our last night there cos Zander was screaming & I wasn't coping but they said no. I was in a private room too, so it's not like we would be bothering anyone.

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG, that is ridiculous, Sarah! We were in shared rooms and Neil was never made to feel bad for staying. In fact, he was in my bed half the time (one of the days he was sooooo hung over, LOL). The midwives just laughed and joked saying that he should be careful laying in a hospital bed because he might end up with an enema! He probably could have used one! He also would feast on my meals half the time and, again, they didn't mind. Sounds like the hospital you went to is pretty fussy! Will you go to the same one for your next baby?

Sarah - Thats terrible that Aaron couldn`t stay even after asking and your left there with a screaming baby. At both hospitals visiting hours were from 3pm - 8pm but DH`s could be there 24/7 if they wanted plus my Dad came in each morning and at my Postnatal hospital they really didn`t mind when visitors came in, guess because it was so quiet.

It was my Dad`s Birthday yesterday so didn`t have a chance to pop on to BB.

I`m sure Matthew is growing before my eyes, with the amount of milk he drinks it`s no wonder. I had a glorious time with him this morning I was changing his pooey nappy then he decided to do another poo so it all ened up in his blanket since that was the closest thing around then to top it off decided I might wee as well, talk about a fountain LOL then he decided I might bring up some excess milk so Mummy was up to her arms in poo, wee and milk delightful

Matthew has a couple of sore spots in his groin area, not sure what they are but they are small round fluid filled sores wondering if they might be boils, keeping a close eye on them and if they get worse will have to take him to the Dr`s, at the moment they don`t seem to be worrying him.

Have just found out this morning that my 18year old Neice is 20 weeks pregnant, Mark and I are not at all surprised her Mum has been nagging her for a good 18 months or more for a Baby, makes you wonder WHY?? But appartenly she`s gone into premmie labour today and is 3 cms dilated, they are going to try to stitch the cervix closed but there are lots of risks involved and things aren`t looking good. Makes me wonder if it`s happened because of the lifestyle my neice and her BF lives.

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - sounds like Matthew might have a staff infection? Gabby had a few of those spots when she was only about a week old. The dom nurse told me to buy some tea-tree oil, dilute it with cool boiled water and dab some on the sores each nappy change. I also had to put tea-tree oil in her bath. They disappeared after a few days.
    LOL @ the wees and poos AND spew! OMG - coming out of every opening, hey? Good that you can laugh about it (though I am sure it wasn't funny at the time!). Hope you had a good day for your Dad's birthday yesterday

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast