Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, May '05

Default Newborn - 1 Month, May '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for May 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - May '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd May, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4200gms/ 9lb 4oz Length - 53.5cms Head Circ - 36cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Kenneth Ian.
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/deeannemark/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) - None as yet.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days late, born via c/s due to CPD which we only found out about 1 day before the c/s.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Tatty Teddy
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB:
    11/05/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 2.660 5 lb 14oz Length 46.5cm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Alexander Edward
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Was born at 36wks 6days by emergency c/section.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: *Shannon*
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 25th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb10oz (3460g); Length - 50cm; Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jessalyn Adara Reid
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Multiple birth defects affecting her genitals, bowels, spinal cord and vertabrae. Many operations in her future to try to correct the problems
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days overdue, natural delivery.

Forum Name: Fi
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 11th April 2005, 23:09
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3450g- Length 53.5cm - Head Circ 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jenna Morine
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/spuddw/
    Health Concerns: None so far.....
    Notes: 11 days late, Induction, persistant occiput posterior malpresentation, forceps delivery

Forum Name: mum5boyz
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 04/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3780g 51cm 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Philip Thomas
    Baby's Website: www link under my name
    Notes: 8 days late

I can't believe that my baby is nearly a month old already! Time has just flown by. Jacob has been going really well with his feeds - a lot more settled with the times now. Our next appt at the health centre is on Tuesday so we'll see what he is up to then.
    On the family side of things Joshua had his first tennis game for the winter comp on Saturday and lost his double 6-5 but won his singles 6-1. Overall our boys won so they were pretty happy about that. Matthew had his second football game for the season today and unfortunately they were absolutely trampled on! 14 14 84 to 4 4 28 ](*,)

Debbie Lee Guest

Nat - YAY for Jacob being nearly 1 month! Sounds like Joshua is going great guns with his tennis but it's a pity about Matthew's footy match. Losing so badly ain't much fun! Still, it's all part of the reason why we put our kids into sport, hey? So that they know how to be good losers as well as winners

Wow... this forum is small now... I hope Lesley and Dee join ASAP!

Hi,

I agree with you Deb - losing sports matches is so important for kids to learn to deal with. Especially team sports, like doubles. They need to know how to deal with their mates that may have cost them the game, and that it doesn't need to cost them a friendship!

Yay for Jacob being settled more Nat - I wish I could say that about Jenna, I guess she is getting a little more consistant, or is it that I'm not expecting as much from her anymore? It doesn't seem as tough anymore, except this nasty cracked nipple which seems to be getting worse - not better!! Dr's tomorrow, so I shall get her to check it out.

Shane went back to work today, boohoo. It is nice having a quiet house I have to admit, but I miss him too. I am yet to see him successfully put Jenna down and not have her wake up 15mins later!! He just doens't have the knack yet.

Kayla - you've been a bit quiet lately, hopefully just busy.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - sorry to hear that nipple of yours isn't getting better. It looked soooo painful. My right nipple has been sore lately and it kills when Gabby initally starts sucking. It's nothing compared to what you have to go through! You poor thing. Hope the doc can fix it!

Fi - Hope your nipple gets better. I know how painful it can be. I have been lucky so far (touch wood) but Jacob seems to have the knack of this breastfeeding thing that my other boys didn't have.Funnily enough this time I was prepared for it and have shields, breast pump and a cabbage on hand for when they are needed.

I dont think its Jenna thats the problem!! She feeds really well. I think I was just a little lazy a couple of times, and let her get too far away from me with that pesky little arm of hers.
    Anyway - drs in a couple of hours. Trying to decide whether to walk up (about 1.5km there) or drive. It will depend on missy moo's sleeps this morning.
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Hope your doc visit went ok, Fi. Did you walk? We walked to ours. God it feels good to walk and not have ligament pain!

Fi - hope that you nipple is okay. I know it absolute kills and you just long for the day that it has healed.

I hope everything is okay Kayla, I know you are having a few troubles but I hope things get better soon.

Hey Nat, glad to see you are well and Jacob is going great, how did his appointment go?

:happybday: to Jacob!! Well 1 month birthday anyway

Jacob went really well at his appt yesterday. He has put on another 180gm and grown another 1cm so he is now 4210g (9lb 4oz) and 55cm long.
    Has been really quiet around here the last few days. I have now managed to find the bottom of the towel/linen washing basket and did a little happy dance in the laundry. believe me with all the towels these boys go through this is a very rare occurance LOL! Also I have finally gone through my wardrobe to replace my maternity section with my old clothes and decided what fits and what going to fit and what is going on ebay Hopefully later on tonight I can organise some time to start taking photos etc so I can get rid of them and buy new ones

Yay on the clean out Nat!! I've started sorting mine from the washing pile when they come out, of course keeping out the stuff I still want to use. I have a couple of cool tops that I'll keep wearing that dont look preggie.
    Congrats on one month!! Not long for me - I can't believe Jenna is nearly a month and still fits 0000 really well - like almost too big!!

Cracked nipple getting worse - have to stop feeding from it for 4-5 days,a nd getting nipple shields from the lactaction consultant today. Youchy. I'll find out if the swab dhowed up any infection tomorrow, and maybe have to go on antibiotics. Dr said it was one of the nastiest she had seen. Oh well - at least when I do something, I do it properly!!

Deb - didn't walk, the timing didn't work out right. So I got there about 30mins early and fed her before the appt, which worked out really well. Of course cause there is no medicare card for her, the appt cost me $105 for the both of us!!!!! I will apparently get all of it back bar $15, so I must trot off to medicare today and organise a card for her. That was for a pap-smear, a swab of the nipple, a minipill script and Jenna all checked out.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

It's crazy how much the doctor visits cost, isn't it??
    Mine cost $50 and they bulk billed Gabby (thank God!). I got $30 back so it still cost me $20 for a chat with the doc and a brief check of my wound. Hmmm... bit of a rip-off iyam!

I checked the bill, and Jenna's appt cost about $58 - unreal!!! i think it is becasue she hasn't got a medicare number yet. It would have been bulkbilled otherwise.
    I dont mind paying mine, cause my dr is great, and like I said, I got a heap done.
    Missy will not go down at the moment, she is being really unsettled, and apparently the pimples all over her face are indication of a growth spurt (have I said that already - I feel like I am repeating myself.....)
    Anyway - hopefully thats all it is.
    The nipple shield is working really well, its nowhere near as uncomfortable, so hopefully we start getting some healing happening. Am also on Voltaren for the inflammation, but thats just giving me a repeat indigestion thing, which I am anxious to avoid.

Well I guess I'm here by my lonesome, which seems pretty silly, so I might just head over to the 1-3 month a couple of days early. Saves people checking and posting in both I guess!! At least until Dee and Lesley get here! And probably a couple of others.

Fi

Oh poor Fi

I hope that Dee and Lesley are here soon but definitely come to one month forum, you are already anyway! Great to see!

I do hope that your nipple heals up soon.

I am here. Sorry girls. Really have been goin through hell here.

Well Pheonix is doing well. She is over the flu finally. Still will only sleep in her swing during the day and next to me in bed at nite. Dh is back on the mattress on the floor #-o .

I just dont seem to be getting anything done anymore. Desperately need Dh to find ajob again though so we can get into some kind of routine.

Fi hope your nipples heal quickly. I also got charged a fortune at the doctors.

Nat Yay on the getting a clean up done, I physically find it hard to change nixees nappy at the moment so a clean up is going to have to wait. Sounds like Jacob is doing great.

Happy Mothers Day to our brand new mums Hope the little ones give you a bit of rest today

As for Lesley she will probably be here a bit more late this week or next week. She has mothercare come everyday as an early discharge program from the hospital and still has her mum staying with her, so has been a bit busy in their place. She said last night that mothercare is still there for another 4 days yet.

Love

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast