Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, October/November '05

oh louise - i am not looking forward to the immunisations!!! 8-[ it was so bad watching her have the heel ***** test.

kristie - good on you for planning your big outing without bub. how exciting. my first 'all day' one will be photographing a wedding in january, thats about 8 hours. luckily though i will have plenty to keep my mind from worrying about her. i went out for 2 hours last friday while my mum looked after her. she had a bottle of EBM ready and was asleep when i left, but it was still so hard!!! i rang her after 45 minutes to see if all was ok!! LOL but i think it is good for us to do.

Emma seems to be having a pattern of unsettled time about 8:30 every night. she just wants to be held and gets cranky if you put her down, and she isnt like that any other time. at least it is when i am up anyway so i just deal with it while watching telly!

we had 4 hours, then another 4 hours last night!!! yay! it was great \/

OMG!!!! i just realised this is my last day in this thread :-$ im not ready to go yet!!! i cant believe a month has gone already.

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Hi Girls -

I have missed you all!! Xavier has actually been quite settled and feeds at 10.30pm, sleeps until 4.30am then has another feed ao I am only waking up once a night instead of the 15 times a night I would have to get up to go to the toilet! I find with all my babies that for the for 2 weeks or so they lull me into thinking they are great nightime sleepers and then start waking up every hour or two!! So will have to wait and see what Xav does.

Linda I can't believe it has been a month already!! Where does the time go?

Did everyone see Kerrie's birth announcement? We all did it in October!! We did 3 in 3 days, Kerrie 29th, me 30th, Tracey 31st!!

Very busy!

Hey girls!!

Feeling much better last couple of days. Tristan's been sleeping alot better last 2 nights. Yay!!! DH looked after him a few nights ago when I was feeling horrible. Thank God for EBM banked up in the freezer. I have to go to the doc about PND. I know it's a daunting subject for this thread, but he said that I'm more susceptible (spelling??) to it because I've already been diagnosed with depression. I had a good nights sleep and everything feels fine atm.

Bekka - Jeez, Xavier's sleeping patterns sound great. Wish Tristan would do the same!!!

Kazzy - Well done on your win. Wish I went to the TAB now. My scar is the same - hurts badly. I feel it's getting better though. Yesterday I went out for walk and paid the bills, by the time I got home, it hurt for ages. When I got up this morning, it felt alot better. I'm not taking the painkillers anymore, so I know what the pain really feels like now. Just rest dear and the pains should eventually go away, we hope!!!.
    With the grunting noises, Tristan does it too, and when he's finished he blows rasperries with his lips.

Does anyone remember the Earlybird show that was on years and years ago?? Tristan's lips look like Marty Monster's when he blows rasperries!!!! Hilarious!

Nice cool day in Adelaide today, unlike yesterday - a bit sticky. Not looking forward to Saturday though. 30+ degrees. DH better fix that stupid air-con on Friday. (I had a fight with the air-con last summer and it won. Stupid bloody thing!)

Nikki - How's your scar going??? Hope it's better and you're resting.

Gotta go now. Jerry Springers calling me on Foxtel!!!!

Hugs to everyone and their little bubbas.............Bonnie

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Bonnie - Just remember to take it easy, if things don't get done then too bad! Your body has been through a lot and you need to take it easy. It is great that you have such a helpful hubby, mine is like that also. A friend of mine her DH started sleeping on the couch when the baby came home because he would get woken up through the night otherwise!! Boo Hoo!! I know is seems Xav is sleeping well no but I think my babies are born very tired and for the first 2 weeks sleep a lot then BAM!! They wake up all the time!! Ah well hopefully he will be different!

Take it easy and spend the day with Springer...LOL

Love Bek

Hi!

Welcome and Congratulations on your little boy Bekka! I think we all did very well to have our babies in October! I'm also jealous of your sleeping boy! I've been having really irregular and unsettled feeds I think due to the warm weather. It was 30degrees in our house at 11.30pm last night - grrrr.

Oh my gosh Linda - Your leaving already! Well I suppose I won't be far behind you!

Bonnie - Take it easy and get plenty of rest! I hope everything stays good for you!

bonnie,make sure you get on top of your possible pnd,it is a rotten thing i had it really,really bad with my 2nd child and was not aware of what was wrong with me till he was nearly 1.it absolutly ruined me and i had a very quick recovery once i got onto the meds.i too have to be aware of it this time cos my chances are greater because of the last episode.
    bekka,yay congrats to you and dh and the kids.i posted you birth when i got your messgae.tell me about your other children,how old etc.
    kristie i cant beleive it is nearly 1 month either,i swear i just got home with her yesterday and she is already 3 weeks.wierd
    linda dont fret sweet we are right behind you.
    little girl is still sleeping well for me so far also.
    nikki

Bekka - welcome and congrats again!!! i am sorry to be leaving just as you are arriving #-o maybe Xavier will stay like this with his feeds? fingers crossed!! make the most of it anyway!

Bonnie - good on you for seeing the doc about PND, definately better to get onto it early if it is the case, than struggle on your own.

mmmmmm quiet in here today are your bubs keeping you too busy.
    chantelle has a boogy nose and is causing quiet a prob as she cant breath through it when she is feeding and often wakes because she cant breath.bugger poor baby
    nikki

oh by the way it is my little mans bday today,he is 7.we got him a you bute keyboard and stand and a childrens educational laptop and clothes and $100.he is having a bowling party on sunday lucky little guy.he couldnt wait to go to school today just so he could get a bday sticker from his teacher,he took 2 chocolate cakes to share with his class.we are taking him and his best friend out for tea tonight,mmm should be interesting with baby girl,i hope she behaves.
    nikki

Kazzy Guest

Hi Everyone,

been to the Docs again - my wound developed quite a large haematoma (spl?) and popped last night - I freaked a bit as it was dripping blood. I am now on antibiotics and hopefully the would has drained. Eden is having a 'wakeful' spell at about 2 am thru to 4 am - not in any pain by the looks of it, just doing HEAPS of pooing and a bit difficult to settle. The MCH nurse suggested I bath her at about 10 pm to put her body clock out of sorts for a couple of days and see if this changes her wakeful time. Not that I am complaining - could definitley be worse.

Nikki - Happy Birthday to your son. Sounds like he is going to have an ace time. Lucky boy.

I am off to help put DS to bed - story time. He doesn't want to wear a nappy tonight so we will see how he goes!!!!! Have missed story time on a couple of nights and it is one of my favourite times for us to spend together. Hopefully it has been quiet because people are travelling well.

Watched a story tonight about some sick chn having to be fed thru a tube. I feel so blessed that my children are healthy - no complaining here about sleepless nights!
    Looking forward to hearing lots of great stories about heaps of sleep and settled babies.

Hugs to you all

Kazzy
    xxx

Hi Girls.

Thankyou everone for the well wishes. I'm feeling surprisingly well today apart from the slight pain near the cesarean scar - the pain is slowly going away. Yay. Had a bit of a cry this morning, but I'm ok now.

DH goes back to work on Monday, which will really test me. It's been great that he's been with me since coming home from hospital. Hopefully things will be fine, if not, I can always ring my Mum for help. She'll have to travel from Kangaroo Island and stop work for a week. She says she doesn't mind.

Nikki - Happy bday to your little man. Bet he can't wait till Sunday!!! Have you got a nasal aspirator for Chantelle?? They work but funny to use. They're about $10 from chemist and get the boogies right out. Can't believe our bubs are 3wks old already!!!!

Bekka - Springer was boring! DH hasn't resorted to sleeping on the couch yet but that might change next week when he goes back to work.

Oh Kristy. 30degrees in your house. That's poo. DH didn't fix the aircon today so I'll be expecting the same tomorrow. GRRRR!!

Linda - I knew the symptoms early so that's why I went. I've also got support from my local hospital, which is great.

Dinner time. Yay. Vege quiche and chips with apple crumble for sweets!! Yum.

Love and hugs to all.....................Bonnie.

Hi!

Hope you're all doing well. Just a quick one because I need some sleep and my mum's coming around at 9.30 to drop some stuff off for the dance concert.

I have been a bit teary the last couple of days. Not because of Louis just the lack of time and the pressure of this concert. Also with dh at work he's tired too and doesn't help out as much -grr. Sometimes I feel like just having a big tantrum - hehehe. Luckily Louis gets all of my happy energy! It's just everyone elst who cops the bad me. Sorry for the whinge.

I just gave Louis a bath and he's sound asleep. He always sleeps well after a bath but that could be because of all the crying he does when I'm drying and dressing him. He's actually enjoying the bath part now which is good.

O.K will chat more and catch up tomorrow.

Wow - it's super quiet in here - I hope you're all doing well!

I've got kind of a personal question - for those of you who had a natural birth do you feel kind of funny downstairs?? I really don't feel normal at all. A couple of people have said that it takes about 6 weeks to go back to normal but I haven't read anything about it. They just seem to say that you'll bleed for 2-6 weeks and not anything else about it. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks.

Louis has been good. We just had a day out at Yarra Glen Market which was nice! My mum bought him a great clock for christmas - nice and bright for his room! It was so warm but he did really well. Just gave him an extra feed to keep him hydrated.

Am off for a relax after all that walking around!

Krisvee - Natural birth here, no tearing etc but definately feel different down there, DP had a look for me about 2 weeks after the birth and said it looked quite swollen. Now though I still feel different, I'm not sure how to explain it though, its just not the same. Is that what you are feeling? I have also noticed that I sometimes smell funny down there, its probably just the bleeding but its yuck all the same.

My bleeding keeps going away for a few days and then I spot for a few but no major bleeding, never was alot of bleeding though.

All is good around here at the moment, my sister and her little one is up from melbourne at the moment so that is fun, not to mention great having an extra set of hands at times with Victoria.
    \
    Gotta go, time for a feed AGAIN!!

Well - finally I've got a few minutes to sit and catch up in here... Dylan doesn't settle easily through the day, but then sleeps really well at night. It's ok as we get to sleep too, but it means it's hard finding time to do stuff around the house.

Kristie - I feel funny "down there" too... I have a few stiches which are itching as they heal, but forwards of there I feel kind of swollen and tender. I'm a bit worried about varicose veins as a physio told me you can get them there through preg and birth. It's an odd sensations and I find myself wriggling a lot to position myself!! I'm still bleeding some, but it's a lot less than it was. If you're concerned go see you doc. If mine is still bothering me by the middle of tis week I'm going to make an appt...

Kazzy - sorry to hear about your wound - hope it's ok now.

Bonnie - that's great that your mum can come if you want her too. I've got my parents coming from Melbourne for a week later this month when DH goes back to work. I'm very spoilt in that DH has 4 weeks off (half-way through now though...)

Nikki - A few months ago when I had a bad cold I bought a vapourisor which the chemist said would be great for a baby to use too. You just put water in it and some eucalyptus oil and it boils away through the night clearing nasal passages. Mine is Vicks one and has a night light too. Hope Chantelle is better now anyway and that your son has a great b'day.

We took Dylan to a party last night - we only planned to stay an hour but he was so good we stayed for ages... he didn't sleep, but lay in his pram looking at everyone, and only grizzled when he was due for a feed.

Better go - lots of washing to catch up on!!

OOOH - just saw my new avatar! Cool...

hi everyone!!!

im just popping back in to tell you my exciting news......

Emma smiled at me yesterday!!!! \/ it was so cool!!! i went on about it all day, then i got another 2 smiles last night, and she gave her daddy one too!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast