Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Newborn to 1 Month, September '04

Carmen - I had chills reading your post. At least there was a rational explanation. Were you a little freaked out cause I would have been?
    Well I am no longer allowed hear LOL as Jessica is 1 month so I will catch up in the next forum.
    Best wishes Michelle

Pietta Guest

Yeah I am off in one day too!! But I will keep coming back to check in on you all!! LOL

Ryley is sleeping pretty well atm!! Touch wood- I dont want to jinx myself! He is also eating quite well also. I am really glad too that DH seems to be loving Ryley alot more now and is starting to help me out. I think it may have a bit to do with my... dare I call it nagging?? him to do stuff!! :-$

Well I am off to sleep now as my little angel is asleep!! Take Care all!

Marcia Guest

I know I don't belong here, but just wanted to comment on the baby monitor thing that Carmen posted. I have only used our monitor once during the day as Hudson is still in our room atm :-s , but the only time we did use it, it picked up someones entire phone conversation! DH and I stood listening to it laughing at this woman talking to her mum and thinking how much it sounded like the phone conversations I have with my mum lol. We are such nosy parkers ROFL. Haven't used it since, but I did have to ban DH from switching it on all the time just hoping to hear some exciting gossip lol!

spiddles Guest

*lol* carmen...same kinda thing happened to me only I could hear the neighbours telephone convos.

Had a bad day yesterday...my breast pump cracked...donno how and Liam was having probs latching on cause I was too full and was so stressed. DH came home and took it back and they replaced it and also got a discount on some bottles for the incovenice which was nice.. Paid $100 for it and is only 3 weeks old!! I was in a mess when he came home and was in tears. Liam must have sensed it because on both times I started crying he spat up on Daddy.

Just rang the hospital to book Liam in for his 4 week check up. They can't get me in until 21st Oct (6 weeks) Will be due for a doctors checkup by then.

Big *Hugs* spiddles!! You are doing a fantastic job!! Attachment is the bane of all breastfeeding mummies at first!! If it didn't clear up for me after a week I was giving up, so you are going really well!!

Is there a Child Health Care centre near you?? Sometimes the nurses there even do house visits to help with breastfeeding etc... I have one near me & I go there for the check ups sometimes instead of Dr if Matilda is okay, so they weigh her, measure her & just talk about developmental things. So I went there for our first few check ups and then to the Dr for my 6 week check and all her reflux things.... I dunno if thats different than your hospital up there... :-k just an idea...

spiddles Guest

Thanks Christy!!

We do have home care but I was signed out of that after a week because they were happy with his progress.

I donno what the 4 week check up really involves but they said it takes up to an hour and they are short staffed thats why have to wait so long.

Pietta Guest

Well I officially move onto the next forum today so I look forward to seeing you other girls soon!!

spiddles Guest

Geeze time has flown... looks like I am off to the next forum too. This weekend is gonna be fun....we are moving and am dreading it. Donno how much I will be able to do but have a few people helping out.

See you soon Spiddles, I sure don't envy you moving. When we brought our house we couild'nt believe how much crap we had accumulated and thats one reason why we keep renovationg, we don't want to pack again.

Good luck with it and I hope it goes smoothly. Are you going far?

Best wishes Michelle

spiddles Guest

You are right Michelle...donno where we managed to fit all the stuff into a 2 bedroom unit. Liam already seems so much happier here. Sleeping alot better. The lounge room is just as big as the lounge/dinning/kitchen combined in last place so heaps of crawling room.

Not looking forward to cleaning old unit this week but its all worth it.

carmen Guest

hello everyone

i can't believe how common the other baby's/ adults on the baby monitor are. You would think that someone would have developed something to stop it.

So far we haven't had any problems with the new brand.

Everything is still going well, although I am still amazed by how quickly my days go - I am finding that i am managing to go back to sleep after the morning feed and getting up at about 10:30 which is really helping the tiredness.

I was wondering - we have a baby rocker and i am not sure when i am able to start using it - luke is a lot more alert during the day and i think that he would like to be in a different position but is it too early?

I was wondering if anyone is left in here with me - i have another week and I have the feeling that everyone else has gone.

Carmen

spiddles Guest

I dont think its too early Carmen...as long as Luke can be strapped in I think its fine. Liam uses his alot. He is usually awake for 4-5 hours during the day straight...just wont sleep and wants to play.

He has rolled over onto his belly 3 times today while unpacking...had him infront of the TV on his lambswool on his back and he was content and kicking around. Few minutes later heard screams and looked over and was on his belly so put him back on his back and he did it another 2 times...Am really not sure what age they should be rolling over. He is not even 5 weeks but he is very strong.

Pietta Guest

WOW @ the roll over! They arent supposed to do that yet!! Yay Liam!!

I dont know about the rocker sorry! Dont worry I am still looking but you will be with us soon enough Carmen!! Oh and by the way Luke is just adorable!! Keep updating the pics for me!! hehehe

Just to let you know Carmen, we had Aidyn in a rocker from 2 weeks onwards... It should be ok... I think most rockers are designed for newborns as well..?..

Hi Carmen, we have used the rocker from a couple of weeks with each of our four, just strap him and and if it has different recline positions just use the most layback one.

Wo re the turning over Spiddles, you better watch Liam he'll be crawling next. LOL.

Cheers Michelle

carmen Guest

Thanks for your advice on the rocker - I will try and put him in and see if he likes it.

I am struggling today to try and keep Luke cool - it is 32 degrees in Melbourne and even though he is just in singlet and nappy - he is not liking the heat. Any advice on keeping cool would be appreciated.

Congratulations on the rolling over Liam - you had better watch out Spiddles, he will be moving around soon. It is nice at the moment knowing that the baby can't go anywhere so you can pop to the toilet etc.

Take care

Doesn't seem to be to many left in here, but thought I should pop my head in a say Hi!

Carmen we have air conditioning, so I haven't found it a problem with Alana. I'm not sure what you can do. I wonder for future hot days whether a coolish bath would be okay for him? Its so hard to know whether its the right thing or not!

Anyway all is going okay. I am starting to feel better from my sinus infection. Now I have more energy. It was hard going there for a while, coping with having Alana, sinus infection, breast feeding (which I hate) etc etc etc!!!!

I have also given up on the breast feeding. It didn't matter how much I perservered, I just did not like it. I found myself getting so upset with it. I rang the midwives at my hospital about it, but unfortunately didn't get much help. In fact, the midwife I spoke to made me feel very bad about contemplating putting Alana on formula. She actually said that I needed to think about the ramifications of what it would do to Alana. Anyway I spoke to my GP and now we have Alana on formula. I have to say it is a relief and I feel so much happier.

Well I think I have gone on enough!

Take Care!

Hi Lara and welcome. Congratulations on little Alana. IKWYM about feeling bad about formula feeling but I was in the exact same position the first baby. It gets better as you have more, ie dealing with opinionated people who don't understand. The last time I checked into the hospital, I was asked by a midwife about breastfeeding and I told her it wasn't happening (4th child I should know what I want to do!) She was supportive, warned me there may be some who still try to convince me otherwise, but my decision was fine, and that in Australia we have great clean water and that formulas are absolutely fine, as compared to third world countries where the water is terrible and therefore the formula milk would be too.

I'm sorry that you had to be made to feel bad. I really don't "like" breastfeeding wither and I think it's ok to make the choice that suits you and creates the least stress possible, you have enough to deal with without extra pressure.

(Not bad from someone who shouldn't be in here!)

Carmen if you don't have cooling, a luke warm bath sounds ok, but mostly babies are fine in just a nappy and/or singlet. I am in Melb/Kilmore and our weather is much the same. Today was another hot one, I much prefer cold to hot as it's easier to warm a baby than cool a baby. Your temp and Lukes will prob be much the same so if you are hot so is he. just use common sense and he'll be fine, and maybe if he seems extra hot give him some cooled boiled water if you are worried he is dry.

I will slink away back to where I belong now.
    Cheers Michelle

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast