Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, September/October '05

Hello all!! Sonja I've updated the intro with your details. & OMG at 2 1/2 hour labour :shock:

sfischer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christy
    Hello all!! Sonja I've updated the intro with your details. & OMG at 2 1/2 hour labour :shock:
    Thanks Christy, 2 1/2 hour labour actually started at 8am but nothing much happened throughout the day until 6pm. I am very very thankful though, last time with my first one it was only 4 1/2 hours as well. Someone is watching over me and knows that I don't have a high pain threshhold. Trying to have a natural birth was quite a big thing for me and if I had to multiply the last 30 minutes by hours I would have been the first one to call out for drugs etc The downside to the speedyness is I did tear both times, but this time it wasn't as painful afterwards. But that's it in the baby department for me. No more!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Girls

Wow Sonja on such speedy labours!Mine was 22-23hours ten ended in c/s!Ouchy on the tearing though! 8-[

Nixie-sounds like our bubs are similar.Gemma had another bad night last night.She just wouldn't settle from 12.30am till 7am!Its really hard cause she just wants to snuggle into me all night and as soon as I put her down in her bassinette she wakes.I'd love to cuddle her all night long but I don't want to start that habit.Poor Corey felt so bad that hes offered to do tonight for me!I just don't want him going to work cranky though.And besides when he does the odd night for me I miss getting up with her and end up getting up with them!

My belly is starting to go away.Its just that I'm scared to run as it may take hold of me!Like a homer simpson type of jelly belly!

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    well makon is going great still. i guess i am lucky with him his unsettled time is from about lunch time to 5ish.

sonja the wedding is pretty well planned just the last bits and pieces to do. Tonight us girls are going to get there dresses and accesorries. the wedding was booked 2 years before makon came along, we were goinjg to cancel it but then thought if we dont do it now we never will.

Had a doctors appt yesterday and she wanted to take out my stitches(even though they are disolvable) but i got a bit freaked out and said i want them left in, i think i have a fear of my fanny falling apart!!
    8-[
    kirsty i was agaianst sleeping with makon to. but at the hospital i did it and it was great! so the first week at home he slept with us, now i put him in his bassinett then when ben is leaving in the mornings we put him in with me for a feed then we go back to sleep. and i am a real deep sleeper, so i thought i might squish him to but you dont.

catch you all later

Custardtart Guest

I wish Max's 'unsettled time' was in the afternoon - his normal 'yelling time' is from about 8pm through midnight.
    I accidentally ate a casserole with onion in it the night before last, and poor little Max couldn't stop throwing up last night. He was squirming, yelling and crying for hours, every time he settled to sleep out of exhaustion he'd wake up chucking again 30 minutes later.
    Needless to say, I'm a little tired today, but at least it seems to have worked through his system, HE is getting a good sleep today! I'll try and get an early night tonight, but I don't like my chances.

Kerrie

Kirsty77 Guest

I hate to say this Kerrie but thank goodness someone elses bub is screaming from 8-12.Gemma last night screamed from 8-11.30pm.By the end of it Corey and were so upset that we couldn't do anything!Is it colic?Can I try anything to help her settle?she is really unsettled this morning too.It could be cause shes got the snuffles and a slight cough.Poor thing I just don't know what to do for her.

*Yvette* Guest

Hi guys. Just popping back in to say I can relate to this unsettled time each day. Asha and Lauren seem to have it daily from about 4.30 to 8.30, right when I want to be eating dinner & getting Angus ready for bed. They just keep crying after being fed, so I just keep putting them back on the boob. I try burping them, holding them in different positions, carrying them around etc, but putting them back on the boob is the only thing that will shut them up, even though they don't stay on it for long each time.

It just seems to be part of their routine now, so I'm trying to just resign myself to it. Because it's around dinnertime though, I want to be down the kitchen end of the house where everyone else is rather than in my bedroom where I usually feed them, so I need to get myself set up more comfortably with an armchair & some pillows etc.

We've just been passing them around taking turns holding one while I feed the other so we can all have our dinner.

I suppose maybe it's just a normal thing for babies to have a daily session like this

Hey ladies, Finally getting in here!
    Indah is a dream sleeper (hee hee rubbing it in hey!) Last night she slept from 9pm, ril 3am, then fed & went back down til I had to wake her at 9:30am as we were due at a friends place!!!
    But she sleeps atleast 4-5 hrs between feeds all the time!!!

Ok, I have a question/concern..... Hope someone can help, but I will call MHCN on Monday anyways about it....

Bathing her tonight I noticed her left breast is enlarged with a lump under it, I asked my Mum & apparently I had the same & my breast leaked milk for a few days, it is apparently common...? But I guess I will get it checked out, but Mum is pretty sure it's just excess hormones!

Also I noticed when bathing her that she has a very deep area above her anus that looks like another anus... I had a look & it is closed over, but I recall reading in a book that it was common that babies were born with an extra opening here? Anyone able to shed any light on either of these issues????

Other than that Indah is absolutely 100% perfect!!!!! Ok, I might be biased!! hee hee!

I expressed 180ml this morning as she was asleep & we had to leave... The little piggy drank about 150ml!! Is that too much???

Custardtart Guest

Hi Tracey,
    With regard to the nipple, it's pretty common for babies to have a touch of mastitis as they still have a lot of your pregnancy hormones in their body for the first few weeks.
    I don't know about the cleft in the butt, I haven't heard that one before, but I think 150 mls milk is fine - if she drinks too much for her stomach to hold, she'll spew it back out!

Kerrie

Thanks for the super quick response Kerrie, That's pretty much what happened to me when I was born, so Mum said it is probably same with Indah!!!
    I am pretty sure her butt is Ok too... But still will ask MCHN...

Ellibam Guest

hi tracey i get to brag about makon to last night he slept from 12 til 8 had a feed then we slept til twelve so it was our first 8 hour night!! yay
    i have also heard that little girls can leak from there boobs and little boys can get stiffies cos of the hormones.

We are the same at the unsettled time just not sure what to do with him walk, feed, different posies, more boob, dummie, cuddles eventually he goes to sleep. i think the thing is not to get upset by it as they then get upset by it to.

i expressed and froze my first lot of milk today!(need to start a collection for wedding day and appointments the week of) it was only 30mls as he had had a feed then the bottle flew off the pump and spilt all over the bed!! :evil:

ellissa

Hi Tracey great to have you here!! I'll add your details to the front YAY!!!

BTW Matilda had enlarged breasts when she was born, like the others have said I was told it was due to hormones & it did settle after 2-3 weeks (I actually can't remember LOL)

Also don't worry too much about how much she drinks right now. Its great you can express that much already =D> well done!

Thanks Christy!!!! \/ \/ \/

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi everyone

Gemma and I had a much better night last night.Got some good advice from a midwife and we tried it last night.We used the controlled crying method, at bed time we let her cry for 5 mins then go in reassure her we're here then put her back to bed.

It worked!!!!!!!I can't beleive she's only 2 weeks old and has us figured out already!After 9 mins of not continuous crying she fell asleep.Can't beleive that it worked!

Custardtart Guest

Good to hear you are getting on top of that, Kirsty!
    I find with Max that if I can't settle him, I put him down for five minutes to 'yell it out' and it tires him enough that when I pick him up, he generally relaxes against me and goes straight to sleep.
    It doesn't always happen that way, my first child was a terror for bedtimes and we had major issues trying to help her settle, so I'm really enjoying it being comparitively easy this time around.

I bought some Infacol drops today, so we'll see if they help him tomorrow with the wind issues. I sure hope they do, it would be nice to be able to plan on getting some sleep BEFORE 2am every morning!

Kerrie

Oh Tracey I forgot to say, Matilda also has a cleft in her bum too

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi all

I am enjoying being a mummy so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gemma is fast asleep on me at the moment, getting lots of cuddles and kisses!Had to get that out of my system.

Well I think we are both getting to know our routines now, which is so nice, I feel a whole lot more confident.Can't beleive Gemma is 3 weeks old this week!Wow that went fast!

Hows everyone else doing?Enjoying cuddles I hope!!!!!!!!! \/

Forum Name: Divvy
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 27/9/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4280- Length -51.5 Head Circ - 37
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Edward William John (Ned)
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days late, c/s

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast