thread: Is AF about to make a comeback?

Dec 2009
    Perth

Is AF about to make a comeback?

DD was 13 weeks old on Monday. She is fully BF. Since about Monday or Tuesday I've had heaps of CM, whereas prior to that I was quite dry since birth. Does that mean AF is on the way and was it possibly ovulation? I'm on the mini-pill, so how would that affect it?

Nov 2008
    Perth

Not necessarily hon. I'm not on the mini pill and bar one month, I wasn't after having DD1 either, and my CM ramped up to what I'd see in a normal cycle but I don't have AF yet (DD2 is 5 mths) and she didn't return until DD1 was 10 months old either.

Sounds like your body is returning to some sort of 'normal' though so be careful as a night of passion could lead to more than you bargained for! Well, the mini pill should stop that but you know what I mean

I hope AF continues to stay away for you but when she returns is an individual thing for each woman and sadly breastfeeding doesn't always keep her at bay.

Dec 2009
    Perth

Thanks Must be God's way of making sure we don't churn them out every 9 months, lol

Jan 2011
    Perth

Subbing because I've had lots of CM too.

Dec 2009
    Perth

Update: haven't got AF yet but today I had what looks like EWCM. Forgot the pill on Monday and had it 3 hours late yesterday. DD is 18 wks tomorrow. Is the EWCM a sign of AF or a result of forgetting the pill?

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
    Perth

I'm still getting loads of EWCM once a month and don't have AF. I honestly think it's just a sign or your body working itself out again but not an indication that AF is on her way. I didn't get AF back until 11 months with DD1 and had the usual cycles of CM each month.