Thread: I can't eat help!!

Unhappy I can't eat help!!

Just before having Ryan I was eating anything I wanted whenever I wanted and had no problems at all. After birth though eating really hurts. I get bad stomach and intestine pain like I've swollowed glass shards.

I've seen two doctors already and they both say its probably just hormones and to give it a few weeks and eat tiny snacks not big meals.. Well I'm sorry but in a few weeks I'll be a walking skeleton I had a sandwich yesterday then spent half the day in bed.

I can see myself getting thinner and thinner already my bones are starting to show. What can I do? They won't listen, I went to the hospital last night and they said to just force myself to eat till it passes...

I have a gallstone, could that be causing it? A singular 3cm stone, but I never had this sort of pain with it before, it was always the bad chest pain, not like im swollowing glass

I had probs after my girls were born. But not like this. I just wasn't hungry. Have you tried soups or water ice blocks? They might be easier. I don't know what else to say.

That sort of pain doesn't sound like you should wait a few weeks, you have a newborn to care for, what a stupid suggestion.

I would go to the A&E and just refuse to go until someone can give you an answer as to why this is happening.

Does it hurt to drink fluids? If not, try to get some powerade or something like that down.

I hope you feel better really soon.

Spring xx

Hi Celtic,
    I'm sorry that I can't help with what could be causing it, and I've not given birth so my advice isn't on that level either.

I had anorexia as a teenager, and for weight restoration I was on a supplement called Sustagen (which was all I had for a while), which you can get from the supermarket, which you mix with milk and is really good to provide nutrients, and it sounds like you could really use it now. You could check that out if you are able to get down liquids? A few sips every couple of minutes, and you know you are getting at least some of the nutrients you need while you work out whats happening?

HTH and hope the drs sort this out for you soon.

Thanks all I been drinking chocolate milk and trying to chew on some bread and butter here and there I just don't know what to do and no one seems to know or cares to investigate I'm just to wait and see to rule out hormones before anything else. DP is going to the shops soon I'll get him to get me some sustagen and those breakfast milk things whatever they're called. He's goin to get some hot chippies to see if I can chew on a few of them. I'm just so tired and so sore why is it nothing can ever be simple no matter what I ALWAYS have complications *cries*

You'll be Ok. I promise. Sounds to me like your beautiful boy is being perfect, so don't stress so much. Hows your ECH nurse? Maybe you should get her to drop in for a talk. They always make me feel better. Some people have had probs with them, but the 4 I've met so far are very understanding people who just want to help & reassure you. I love them & couldn't have survived with out them.

I had a talk to her on the phone shes really nice she thinks I need to go and get another opinion and to see if I can get into maybe seeing a gyno or something instead of a GP. Only prob is the gyno here did my endo surgery and nearly sliced through my main arteries and wanted to take them out but I had stated before I'd had the surgery they weren't to takeanythin out and were to wake me and talk to me abt it first otherwise I wouldn't have had my lil man so I'm not really keen on seeing him. My parents want me to travel back to syd and take me to see someone down there I dunno if I really want to make the trip though I had enough trouble concentrating on getting to the hosp and back. I'll see if I can eat anything tonight if I can't then I guess I'll have no choice

How far are you away? Having mum to help might be a good thing. & there are endless doc & gyno's in Syd. You can try as many as you like til you get an answer. Think about it. Good luck.

I had gallstones straight after having Madeleine... and it went from the pain in my chest to all over my body... I even got really bad lower back pain.
    The only thing I can suggest for you right now is to go to A&E and demand to see someone... in the mean time, try cutting your fat intake down to a minimum.
    I hope you get some relief real soon

Sorry I can't offer any insights into your problem, but I"m feeling for you.

Try the Sustagen to get some calories in, you can mix it with full fat milk and you can also get more calories in if you add some full cream milk powder to the mix. See if you can get hospital strength sustagen, sometimes pharmacies have it. It's probably good to mix up your own so you can make it stronger if that's all you are having.

It's very odd that a doctor would blame hormones for physical symptoms like yours. I think it's more likely related to your gall stone. In which case do not try to eat chips. They have very little nutritional value anyhow and the fat and salt will make you feel worse. You would be better off taking the Sustagen and/or some broth like soup. Miso soup could be good as long as it was low in salt. If you could get your hands on some In-Liven it would be your best option.

You need to to get another opinion. And don't eat those chips.

Let us know how you go.

I had some mashed potato last night it didn't hurt. Maybe its just solids that im having trouble with? My mum is comin up next week if Im no better shes taking me to whoever we can find thats not an idiot lol

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better.

Mashed potato is ok but try to eat/drink things with more nutrients. A vegetable broth would be better than just potato. Hope you find a good doctor

Do you like weet-bix/vita-brits? Or porridge?

I know they might seem unappealing, but something you could do is get the vanilla sustagen and pour it over the weetbix/vitabrits and leave it in the fridge until it's soft and eat it? Or have porridge with the sustagen? Just to get all those nutrients you need to heal from birth.

Also, try orange mango and banana smoothies... lovely, soft, and packed full of vitamins and minerals. You can make them easy, or just live at Boost Juice for a few days lol!

How are you going today?

Been bashing out an assignment for uni sorry for the delayed reply lol. I had meat and 3 veg last night I made a heap of steamed veggies till they were very mooshy with some mash managed to eat most of them and a little bit of steak before it hurt (it looked so tastey I had to try). Been having plain bickies dunked in tea today thats all really. Been drinking the sustagen and had a Bourocca (sp?) but don't feel like anything else . Mums comin up Tuesday from Syd to stay with me for a week and take me to another doctor, she's very quiet until it comes to my health then she's a very demanding lil minx lol, she's pushier than me so she may be able to bully a dr into giving me a proper check