thread: Overcoming tiredness

Enchanted Guest

Unhappy Overcoming tiredness

Since I have had Oscar I have been extremely tired and exhausted at all times of the day and night. I try and rest as much as possible but it is still not seeming to 'fix' my problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to try and overcome this?!? I am sick of feeling so drained all the time.

TIA

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

While it's pretty normal at this stage, I would make sure your nutrition intake is decent so you have optimal energy levels. In-Liven is brilliant, you get a boost when you start taking it. If you don't want to go down that path, take a multi-B complex and decent multi-vitamin. Supermarket brands are crap, they don't contain much of each vitamin to give you a serious boost.

Exercise will also help give you energy, even if it's just walking with the pram. But there is only so much you can do when you are a new mother suffering from sleep torture!!! You might like to check with your doctor to have a blood test to check your iron levels etc just in case.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Apr 2007
    the Sauna

i found the etxreme tired ness lifted after 6months or so .... i does get better tho . but try inliven , like kelly said , it can make a world of difference .... and get as much help as you can ... and get some you time too ..

Jan 2007

Its horrible isn't it hun... I know I'm a bit the same but there are a few things I try to do to keep it at bay.
    *Go to bed early - even when I really dont feel like it - because I know she might be up at any minute - which generally means 9-930 here Try napping when Oscar does too hun -I find if Im really tired (like today - been up since 5!) I will stay in my pjs til her morning nap and I will go back to bed too for an hour or so- usually at around 9ish - still leaves me the whole day to do housework.
    * Eat lots of veg! I know it sounds like a mum thing but when I eat lots of [email protected] I definately feel worse
    * Vitamins - when I remember I take my blackmores pg and breastfeeding tabs, iron tablets (oooops meant to take them for 3 mths after birth - I still have the one month supply I got when I left hospital ) and also berocca at times
    * Exercise - I find that I sleep better when I do some exercise - I walk every day but if I do my pilates or yoga as well I feel much better
    * I drink coffee! Haha ok so I know its really bad but it keeps me going and I enjoy stopping whatever Im doing during the day and having a coffee while Iz is napping.

Hth and

Jun 2007
    ...not far enough away :)

*Go to bed early - even when I really dont feel like it - because I know she might be up at any minute - which generally means 9-930 here Try napping when Oscar does too hun -I find if Im really tired (like today - been up since 5!) I will stay in my pjs til her morning nap and I will go back to bed too for an hour or so- usually at around 9ish - still leaves me the whole day to do housework.

* I drink coffee! Haha ok so I know its really bad but it keeps me going and I enjoy stopping whatever Im doing during the day and having a coffee while Iz is napping.

Hth and
    I agree with the above things. My DH works night & day shift. When he was on night shift I would go to bed very early...often as soon as Charlie went down. As I would be up & down all night & yes I always leave my PJ's on to head back for that first morning nap if I don't have anything else on.

Coffee.....Oh how I loooooooove it sooooooo much. I never drank it til I had Charlie. Now I can't get enough!!