Thread: A 'roid that just wont go!!

Default A 'roid that just wont go!!

Hi All,

I got a hemorroid (sp) from labour - not sure how as I didn't think I pushed that hard, but there you go!
    It healed up from about 3-4 weeks post baby, but it reopenedn last week after I had a very firm bowel movement.

Now I'm eating really well, drinking heaps of water, and for some reasoon every morning I have a REALLY firm bowel movement, and it just tears the 'roid again.

Has anyone got any ideas how to get rid of this pesky thing, or how to soften up my movements? Does muesli make poo harder or softer, cause I'm having a bowel with fruit and yoghurt every morning for breakkie.

Sorry to be so gross, but its bloody annoying me!!!!

Melinda Guest

Oh you poor chook!! Yucky ol' hemmies!!! I know there are a variety of ointments that you can get......perhaps you might have to go to the chemist and find out what you can use that is safe whilst BF?

I hope it goes away!!

Ohhh Fi... Owies.
    I've found it helps to make sure you eat your last meal WAY before bedtime and have water afterwards... might be useless advice in the end but hey, worth a try!

I love your typo
    ".. I'm having a bowel with fruit and yoghurt every morning..."
    hehehehe...
    Oh sorry.. LOL.

Good luck!

Melinda Guest

Oh PMSL! I didn't even notice that typo before Katey!!! Hilarious!!! I wonder if Fi did that deliberately just to add an element of humour into what is otherwise a pretty nasty subject! LOLOL

Nope - did it accidently!! I am a dweeb - its OK. I've started having a couple of pieces of licorice everyday to see if it helps too.
    It has affected Jenna's poo though - she did her first staining poo yesterday - I'm not sure what will get this big yellow stain off the hemp booster!! Maybe lots and lots of sunlight huh?

Fi

Fi - i feel for you!! i have suffered with them for years (and this is my first pregnancy!!)

tips to 'get things moving':

Lots of water,
    baked beans
    all bran
    whole meal bread
    lots of veges.

i hope you get rid of it soon,

Linda

RUSERIOUS Guest

Default Roid

Just make sure you eat loads of fibre filled foods and drink lots of water. Also try to keep it as dry as possible.
    The longer you keep it unscathed, the more likely it is that it will disappear.

*Yvette* Guest

I've had a haemorrhoid (yep, that's how you spell it) with each pregnancy, but not too bad. Sort of pea sized, & not too uncomfortable & has come & gone then disappeared after the birth.

This time same, & was not there at all just before the birth, then 4 days after the birth, it's the size of a clinker (you know those choccies with the different colours inside, same shape too, sort of oval) and it hurt like hell!

I could not sit down, & needed a blow up ring thing to sit on. It hurt to stand up, to sit down, & with no constipation at all thanks to muesli & lots of water & fresh veggies etc, it was still very scary to go to the toilet. Imagine also that I had to take iron tablets for post birth anaemia, & that the thing was excruciatingly painful to touch, I wanted a shower or bath after each visit.

This pain lasted about a week. It hasn't budged or reduced, but doesn't hurt any more thank goodness.

I'm over it & would like it to go away now.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I have 1 word to say Rectinol, it worked a treat for me, give it a go, seriously

confusedegg Guest

Fi

You poor thing. OUCH!!

I can relate to the roids.. mine were like a bunch grape growing through bowels. I was carrying twins.

Drank lots water and used rectinol (that was good) and suppositories.

Hoping you rid of those little pests.

Chris

*Yvette* Guest

I've got Rectinol Bec. It works to relieve pain, but isn't getting rid of it.

Hi Chris. Twins caused mine too I reckon. There was just so much pressure when I was carrying them.

How long does it usually take for them to go away? Should I wait til my 6 week GP appointment if it's not hurting any more?

Yvette, I think mine took several weeks to go away completely so I guess if it's not causing you any problems then it'll be fine to wait until your 6 week check.

They're horrible aren't they. Between them and the stitches I couldn't sit properly for ages LOL.

*Yvette* Guest

Thanks Angel. Due to see Dr next week & it's nearly disappeared.

Thank goodness! I thought the rotten thing would do me in.

Because theyre caused by veins being pushed out of the 'area' lol (couldnt think of a good word) the sphincter muscle (i think thats the muscle im refering too) can stop them from moving back inside.. they may requiring pushing (yes sounds fun lol).. thats what my doctor told me anyway

Also.. going to the toilet whenever you feel the urge.. not waiting!

I know theres more to it.. but i cant remember right now..

Kirby