Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Pad & Menstrual Cup Discussion Thread

Yeah i've never had to empty it overnight, i've even left it in for 12hrs or more during the day with no worries. Although if you had an extremely heavy flow you may have to, but they do hold a fair bit so even then I wouldn't think you would have to.

The mooncup was my best purchase ever!

Default wheelmen Scarsdale

I have to empty mine once overnight normally the first two nights, but not normally more than once per night. My flow does tend to vary quite a bit, and sometimes the mooncup fills up very quickly ~ 90 mins (and by full i mean higher than the little holes) but I think being horizontal overnight means it's not quite so fast!

It's only since having the mooncup, and seeing the actual volume of blood and fluid lost that I realised how heavy my periods were in comparison to some other people. :-S

welll...... today is my first day using my cup!!! i am in love
    ALTHOUGH....inserting it....seems like i am there forever fiddling around in between my legs...hehehe NO leaks and is fabulous!!!!
    slopped abit when taking it out the first time....to be expected i guess...
    now to get some cloth pads....

dont go over board on the cloth pads, Fluff ! i never use mine at all now that i have the cup i am in love with mine too ! some times i think its the only thing that understands me

LOL!
    I'm almost looking forward to my next period so we can get better acquainted...

Fluff - I found getting it in to be easier than I expected. fishing it out was tougher.

oh, and one time it managed to turn sideways in there...

PMSL !! sideways

sometimes i have to run my finger round the rim to check its covered the cervix , after 4 or so days of constant use , it gets a groove happening and pops right in , but not always in the right place ,

i squat in the shower and bear down to get it out , lordy help me if DH walks in at that moment !!

is it supposed to go all the way 'up' to your cervix?? i watched a video on how you insert it and how far etc...and it didn't say that far..... now i feel like abit of a der....

as for cloth pads i don't have any as yet...so afew fluffies for me won't hurt hehehehe

when the cup is inserted i don't feel it getting it out is like fishing in the black sea....but eventually i catch something....i hope i am doing everything right...

I know on the pics on the mooncup site they illustrate it right at the entrance with a huge distance to the cervix but i'm just not built like that! For me it has to be right up to my cervix to be in far enough (sorry if tmi). I wouldn't worry too much about placement as long as it's not leaking and comfortable, everyone's built slightly different

was worried then that i wasn't inserting it far enough!!!! BUT i just saw on some illustrations that it is to be placed in 'far' enough and it stated it is NOT supposed to touch the cervix...

well this afternoon we have had 2 'overflows' of the cup....first day of my period...so to be expected for afew days....

I guess if it's comfortable then it's probably ok. Mind you, it was comfortable sideways for me... still not sure how I managed that.

hmm, i didn't think of doing it in the shower - that's actually a really good idea!

had to empty once over night (well early morning) and it was FULL to the brim!!!!! still feel awkward inserting...kinda like my fingers aren't long enough...if you get my drift....or i need longer arms.....as i am inserting sitting on the loo (sorry TMI)

oooh Kat be careful when inserting on the loo !!!

often i take it out (if not in the shower) rinse it in warm water and put it back in with a matter of minutes , but once its rinsed , it can be slippery .

and you only drop it in there once !

lol

with mine the tab is about 1cm inside , but if i grip the tab its unco to get out so i grab the base with my thumb and finger and pull .

ive only ever had it flow over once , and that was on day 1 or 2 , but now after usuing cloth and the cup , my bleeding is alot less

im tempted to try another brand , one of those pretty couloerd ones ... but i just love my lunette ..

what brands is every one else usuing ?

lea ~ i empty, rinse and wipe out with loo paper and no probs.....
    my cup is a pretty pink colour and is called 'pinkcup' thats the brand...bought it off ebay...something like $20 AUD including postage which i thought was great value!!!!!

oooooh I'm so keen on getting one of these cups now!! The Mooncup sounds popular.... checked out the website.... can you wear it swimming though?? I am guessing yes?

for those with mooncups, did you just buy it from the UK website??? is there anywhere else to buy it online???

I am looking at getting 4 cloth pads and a cup .... should that be enough?

Sounds like some of you don't even use cloth pads with the cup? maybe just first 2 days?

I'm keen on throwing out my old tampons and dispobable pads... yuck. I've only had two AF's since having DD and I don't want to use sposies anymore they're gross!

girls, you have convinced me to go and buy some clothies Im not ken on the cups just yet, dont even use tampons now, just pads, so I will stick with pads for a while and see if I get brave enough to try a cup later downt he track

Yeah I think I might start with some cloth pads too.... I am liking the idea of the moon cup but just a bit not sure still.....

Widdly - what cloth pads are you looking at getting?? I might try 2 brands first and get one or two of each only....

No idea how many I'll need if i'm not going to use a cup?!?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The beauty of cloth pads too is that if you have a disposable pad emergency and run out, you'll always have a cloth one around too. I haven't used my mooncup in ages, must get reacquainted with it I think. Really is so much better than tampons. If you haven't read the BB article on it yet, here's all the more reason why it's worth trying

Mooncup Menstural Cup - Why The Mooncup Is Better Than Tampons
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Shanti - BBH sell the lunette I think

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast