Thread: Unsure!

MissReena Guest

Question Unsure!

Hi Guys,
    Just thought I would post and see if any of you could give me some advice. Last week on the Monday I started getting really bad lower belly cramps and then began spotting very lightly, I was a bit concerned but thought I would see how things went, then the next morning the spotting had stopped but I still had the cramping.
    I went into work and around lunch time had the most horrific cramps. As I was in the bathroom I passed a clot a little bit smaller than the palm of my hand. And then continued spotting for the rest of the day.
    The next morning I still had very light cramps but no spotting and no more cramps, I tried to make an appointment with my normal GP, but he is on holidays so got booked in to the only doctor available on the other side of town.
    He did a preganancy test and bluntly told me that I wasn't pregnant and there was nothing to bother him about. I am thinking about waiting til my regular GP comes back and see him because I want this explained... and I haven't got any of the answers that I needed from the stand in GP!
    Sorry for the long post but any ideas on what I can do?

Never ceases to amaze me how blunt some health care workers can be. We look to them for reassurance and they make us feel horrible and we walk out appointments feeling empty with more questions than when we walked in.

I think you have the right to see your normal GP and would make an appointment to see him. He'd probably suggest a blood test to see what your HCG levels are.

The clot thing doesn't sound good - that is what I was passing all day yesterday with my m/c. But, everyone is different, so you really do need to get a second opinion. Not that this other bloke's thing was an opinion, just sounds like he was trying to get you out of his office.