Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Only upgraded members have private messaging and if you are referring to constant posting of links to your website, then yes, that will do it for admin

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Message has been deleted

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

if you both would like to email me on [email protected] I'll put you in touch with each other. Probably safer than posting your personal email addresses.

Bfamily Guest

Hi,

I'm new to this site. My husband & I recently made a decision to go down the path of adoption, having TTC for about 2 years. Neither one of us wanted to have an assisted pregnancy. I'm 32 and hubby is 35. We've now just put in our EOI form to DOCS (NSW) and are applying for intercountry adoption. Has anyone been through this process who is able to give us an idea of how long it might take before we get on the workshop and the general process of adoption? We're pretty open in terms of countries - we've been told China will probably have the shortest wait, but we're also wanting to explore Columbia, Bolivia and Chile. Has anyone had any experiences with adopting from South America?

Thanks,
    Bfamily.

fuzzypeach Guest

Hi

I did some searching on adoption online today and came across this site!

I recognise your name Jacinta, I think I know you from the other forum where you introduced me to that buddy list? Small online world huh! lol

Anyhow, hello everyone I am a QLD'er and my husband and I have decided to go through the adoption process. We are aiming to adopt from China or Taiwan, or hearts are really set on China though. We have a few issues that require us to wait longer if we adopt from China though, so we may adopt from Taiwan, and then China later if that is possible (we are still learning how all this works, so we will find out if this is a viable option first of course hehe).

My husband is 28 and I am 27 and China requires us to both be 30. So if we can adopt sooner from Taiwan that may be our first option.

We are hoping to submit our EOI forms Friday or Monday.

My husband and I have both wanted to adopt from overseas for a few years now. It is only now that we decided to take that leap and start the process

Flossyinoz Guest

Hi all,

I have finally found my way to this site as well. I recognise some of your names or stories from other forums.

About me: DH and I met relatively late in life, with 35 and of course at some stage you are planning a family. To our disappointment it did not work out naturally, not even after 7 IVFs and 7 donor IVFs only ended in heartbreaking 3 miscarriages. I was finally diagnosed with autoimmune fertility issues, meaning my body produces killer cells which attack embryos like cancer cells. Unfortunately a course of 6 months of all kinds of autoimmunemeds from cortisone over bloodthinners and all kinds of other things did not help us to our dream bub. So DH and I finally gave up an have meanwhile applied for permanent care and will visit the next adoption seminar in July in Shepparton. We live in Werribee, Melbourne's west.

Cheers

Flossyinoz
    Last edited by Flossyinoz; June 6th, 2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Welcome Flossyinoz and Fuzzypeach to BB. I will be watching your stories with interest, and wish you good luck and god speed with your adoption journeys.

Welcome Floss.....great to see you here.....
    I've been wondering how things are progressing for you....looking forward to following your journey.

Hi Flossyinoz and Fuzzypeach. Wishing you both all the very best for your adoption journey

Flossyinoz Guest

Thanks all for the welcome and especially to SuziQ, old buddies from another forum. I was wondering if it was you who responded in my thread. So how have things been going with you? I guess you can pm me as you are a platinum member, I can't as I am just a newbie, would love to hear from you.
    Cheers

Flossyinoz

Hi All,

I have previously posted in the LTTTC forums, but after 3 unsuccessful attempts at IVF (I know that's not many compared with others!), DH and I have decided to look into inter country adoption. DH has always been keen to pursue adoption, I was a bit slower to come around to the idea but now I am looking forward to this journey. I guess I am a little disappointed to read some of your posts saying it might take several years!

Bfamily - I would be very interested to hear how you are going as we are at similar stages in the journey & similar ages. I will turn 32 at the end of the year, and we just sent our EOI to Docs a couple of weeks ago. Are you posting in any of the other threads?

Love to all,

RG

Bfamily Guest

Hi All,

RG - Goodluck with the process! We heard back from DOCS within a month of sending through the EOI, but because of other commitments aren't actually attending a workshop until August (although were initially signed up for the June one, and we even received a last-minute call for the May one). So, hopefully it won't take too long for your application to be processed either. We haven't done much more though, so am eagerly awaiting the next steps for us. DH and I are still very unsure with what country to proceed with once we do go down the path of submitting applications. Would be interested to hear from anyone else with comments/suggestions.

Keep us all updated on your progress, and we may even be meeting up at the August workshop (fingers crossed).

Bfam

Thanks Bfam! I have posted a reply in the "Adoption Journey" thread.

Cheers,
    RG.

Hey Floss
    Tried to PM you - typed out a lovely long catchup PM - but unfortunately you're unable to receive PMs as well!
    I'll PM it to Sushee and see if she is able to email it to you.
    Take care
    Sue

Flossyinoz Guest

Hi SuziQ,
    Still struggling with the rules of this forum , so apparently only admins can send me PMs. Anyway Sushee has kindly forwarded me your email and I will answer it from my email account. Thanks Sushee and SuziQ for going through all this trouble!

Flossyinoz

Hidgi Guest

Default Introduction

Hi,

Just thought I should introduce myself.

Married with 1 2yr old girl concieved through IVF. Tried to get pregnant again using IVF with no success so we are now looking at going through the ICA process in NSW. Just posted our EOI forms in so everything is still really new to us. Still not sure about country, was originally thinking Korea as I have a cousin adopted from there, but don't know if it will be an option.

Good luck to everyone going through the process!

H

Default Adopted

Hi, my name is Dianne. I am 37 and was adopted at birth. I would like to find my natural mother and more so find out if I have any siblings. I am married with four children. Is there anyone who could give me any information on where I should start searching.

ROSE3 Guest

hi dianne. the best start would be to contact the agency you were adopted thru. i was adopted in wa and made contact with the docs office in perth. they then sent a letter to my natural mother who then sent them a letter and so the contact process started. can i just give you a little advice... in the beginning keep things very general, maybe utilize the adoption agency as a contact point. dont give to much identifying information like your address etc at the beginning. find out what you are jumping into and that way if it gets a bit full on (like mine did) then it is easy enough to cease the contact. emotions run very high on both sides and i was greatful that i hadnt given out too much identifying info.
    Last edited by ROSE3; December 11th, 2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add a word

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast