Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Welcome - please introduce yourself!

Thanks girls - it certainly hasn't been easy and there were a few nights (in the beginning) when I would question why we agreed to take 3. But I wouldn't go back and change a thing. Life has changed in so many different ways for us, and I'm sure I will have many things to share and enquire about in the parenting sections. There is a possibility that we might be having another addition to the family as their birth mother is pregnant again and they will ask us first if we would like to take the next sibling.

Wow, Belinda, absolutely amazing. I'm so glad to hear the girls have been kept together.

My DH's parents fostered and adopted children, and I admire them so much, but they aren't big on talking about it unfortunately.

You have bought tears to my eyes.

just wanted to introduce myself my name is belinda i am 27 and my husband is 30

we have been together for 12 years married for 1 and TTC for 3.5 years and no luck,

i have PCOS and not sure if i even ovulate yet we are currently doin tests i am the only person i know that wants to have a baby desperately that doesnt have one all my friends are mums and i long to be too.

the FS said he is hopeful but i am not i am starting chlomid 50mg on my next cycle so we will see i am thinkng adoption might be the way to go i could think of nothing better (apart from my own ) than giving a helpless child a home but all the internet sites are confusing me.

i live in victoria and have NO IDEA where to even start who to email or call...from the little info i have found it seems local adoption may be the way for us as apparently it is less costly than over seas adoption so i am jsut wondering if anyone can tell me if it is less costly and where do i start looking???

Hi BellaBee

There are two adoption programs in Victoria - domestic infant adoption and permanent care. Domestic infant adoption is where a mother, or birth parents, decide to relinquish a child. There is usually on average only about 20 of these a year. The process costs next to nothing, although I have read there is a fee when the adoption is finalised and goes through the court - maybe a few thousand dollars. Maybe someone else has the precise figure. Permanent care, as an alternative, is where children have been removed from their birth homes due to abuse and/or neglect, are currently in foster care and will never go back to their birth homes, therefore a new permanent home must be found for them. It is free to apply for this program and you get a small stipend fortnightly if you receive a placement.

PCOS is a very treatable condition though. I know of many people who have had clomid or a stimulated IUI cycle, or even an IVF cycle, and have not ultimately had any problem conceiving. Good luck.

And with that, I should introduce myself! I am single and currently applying for permanent care in Victoria. I have only very recently submitted my application. I did two IUIs late last year with a donor, but decided further fertility treatment was not for me. I want to be a parent far more than I have any interest in being pregnant.

Love love love hearing people's stories about applying for permanent care and I'm also becoming quite knowledgeable myself, so also happy to answer any questions!

Hi everyone! Thought I'd drop by and say hi on this forum, as I only just realised it existed!

As some may or may not know, I joined this forum recently because my husband and I have begun talking about TTC. But I thought I'd say hi on here, because I am/was adopted. I am an interracial adoptee, adopted from Seoul, Korea when I was about 6 months old. I have been through the mill and back when it comes to being adopted (as I think there are many issues that adoption brings up), but I feel like I've been able to move on and generally live a happy life.

But I thought I'd say hi and put it out there that if anyone ever needs an adult adoptee to chat to about adoption related stuff, please don't hesitate to contact me. :-) I used to have a blog where I wrote about adoption, but I don't really use it anymore.

Anywho, let me know if you have any questions! Only too happy to help. Everyone on here has been really helpful and nice RE: my own TTC thoughts. :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234