Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCN's not look good in clothes?

With the washing, I just do the rinse/spin part of the cycle and then the normal cycle only - I don't do a whole cycle to rinse them after - just don't use too much detergent!
    Ooh yeah, I forgot to mention this part! Me either. I rinse before washing if they need it (usually not, but then she's not still doing runny bfed poos) and just one cycle. If you have enough, you needn't wash very often.

I find pants fall off DS even WITH a cloth bum! I sooooo don't know what shape Target expect our babies to be - massive waist and short stumpy legs??? I ended up getting him pants with adjustable waist, otherwise they just don't fit.

But I agree with the others - you get used to the big bum.. and I just love a big cloth bum I do remember thinking it was very bulky when first using them. But now I hate the look of sposies - I find sposies stick up out the top of the pants too.. yuck!!

And as for washing - just do a normal wash. I sometimes do an extra rinse at the end, but certainly not an entire cycle in plain water. Where did you read that? Maybe I'm a bit out of touch on the latest washing techniques??

CatherineL Guest

It was on the packet Liz. I was just worried that there might be some detergent residue in the nappy and it wouldn't be as asorbent - that's why I thought they said that about the extra cycle. I'll just use not as much detergent. Also, what are good show off nappies?

aah ok. I know it can be recommended to do an extra rinse to make sure there's no residue.

It's all about the covers And IMO, the fluffier the better! LOL. I've got some cute PUL prints, but for showing off I'm looking forward to the Berry Plushes I didn't really get to show off much with DS, coz he usually had shorts or something over his nappy.. but now I have a girl, those little dresses are just gonna show off any nappies under there, and you really can't go past a big fluffy cloth bum

CatherineL Guest

Do you use the covers over the AIO's?

Nup, they have a sewn in cover

CatherineL Guest

Can someone give me a URL of these cute show off nappies/covers whatever the case/sort?

ETA - Also, the 'Itti Bitti' nappies that are more compact - is it a particullar sort in their range or are they all made slim fit? They are reopened but have no stock!
    Last edited by CatherineL; January 22nd, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

I think all itti bittis are made small? Someone might correct me, but I thought that was the case. I'm going to buy some with my first paycheck coming up in a few weeks Hopefully they'll have restocked by then...
    I also find the Berry Plush to be a lovely show-off and compact nappy. (They have some beeyootiful colours.) Bubblebubs have some gooooorgeous minkies too. I like that BBH now make coloured PUL wraps - they look lovely in an understated way IMO!
    Google bubblebubs. I bought Natty's berry plush from Darlings Downunder.

ETA: Happy Heinys pockets have some gorgeous patterns too. But I didn't get any 'stuffing' when I bought those, so the value for money factor wasn't as good IMO. Just as well they are so darn cute I got those from the weewuns.

Here are a few pics of Bonnie in her itty D'lish

Bonnie
    Last edited by Tanya; January 22nd, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

Too cute Tanya. Is that a small or medium ? Abbey's fits the same and is a small.

When Jensen wears a mcn, its just a top, or singlet, and his nappy... Some of the designs / patterns are just too cute to cover and I just wanna show em off!

It's med Trish... I will not buy small!! Too much of a tighta$$

Show off nappies - Berry plush are lovely and you can get embroidery. (and a certain store has a sale on them at the moment - look down)
    Bubblebubs are super too but if you are looking for a trim nappy these aren't the trimmest :-)
    You can also find some lovely covers, mazalicious are gorgeous - she is a marketplace member also and her store is on wahn

You can get customs made as well for something extra special

Oh there are also some itti bitti available at nurture nappies and baby blossom although I don't know if they have any stock. Did you subscribe to the ittibitti newsletter, then you will have updates of stocking times and they have two sites - their home site and an ozebaby site (I think)

LOL Tanya. If I got a medium it would fall off Abbey. But the way she is starting to grow.... Oh well I can sell the small ones and buy new, bigger nappies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12