Thread: Wedding Photography

Default Wedding Photography

Hi girls.

I am doing a favour for a friend and taking the pictures at her mums wedding in a few weeks....actually, 10 days. Eeek!

Being a mature age couple (I am loath to say that, but how else do I get my point across?), I don't think they will want the kinda shots that a lot of us 'spring chickens' might want. Do you think that would be a fair thing to say? They just don't strike me as those sort of people, regardless.

Basically just looking for any hot tips or hints for wedding photography, and any advice from any of you whose mums got married or who have married later in life themselves.

Tanks a bunch!

Might actually post this in the 'Weddings' forum as well. Upstairs for thinking!

i would get together with them and maybe look at some wedding mags or things and see if they like any shots in particular and go from there.

Depending on the kind of camera you are using, they may be able to see the pics as you take them, like if you use a digital camera and then you can kind of play it by ear.

Good luck and most importantly have fun on the day!!

Starbright's ideas are great. It's probably also worth considering that they may already have some ideas of what they'd like.

Good luck with it all. (And remember the spare batteries!)

Ooooh good luck SL!!!

Bit exciting! You'll do a great job, you always do with that camera of yours

Wow how exciting for you...just wanted to wish you luck

oh how exciting!
    Seriously the best thing you can do is make the bride feel good about herself on the day. As for actual shots I'm probably not the best person to advise, have you had a chat to them to see the kinds of things that they would like, or are they not overly forthcoming?

Maybe you could look online or in a bridal mag (some libraries have them) and get them to have a look at the photos and see which kinds of shots they like?

Exciting

My Photographer got me to put togther a collection of photos I like on the web and emailed it to her it worked really well

Thanks girls. Linda, that is a fab idea! I did the wedding on saturday though, so wont get the opportunity to do that.

I did talk to the bride about the photos two weeks before the wedding, she was very relaxed about it. It wasn't a paying job, it was a love job, and she said that if I wasn't doing it then she would probably just rely on getting photos off friends, but that she was just excited to get some nice pics of the day.

Hopefully I have done a good job. Going through the pics, some of them are just lovely. But the boys in the bridal party weren't really into the whole picture thing (that is probably fairly typical) so that was a bit of a challenge, and the bride made a few suggestions on the day about things she really wanted which we were able to do, but I basically just thought about some of the photos from my own wedding and friends weddings, and that got me through.