Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix's Chronic Interstatial Pneumonitis

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh dear! Poor Felix! And poor Mummy! You must be exhausted!
    I hope he can catch up and put on some more weight.

Poor little guy! What a rough time he's had! Glad to hear Felix has improved though.

Al the best for Friday.

Bummer Katanya! Glad Felix is doing better now he is at home.

It's a shame you didn't get to relax much. Hope Felix is feeling better today, and more like stuffing himself senseless with lots of nutritious, fattening food :eat:

How are you holding up? Did you get thrush too? (owwwww)

katanya Guest

I have been using canesten and eating acidophilous, bit of redness around the nipples but nothing serious..

I took him to the GP today and he said everything is sounds so much better, he is still having rapid breathing episodes, but his chest has cleared heaps.

Now I just have to get him built up again..it's a never ending battle!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Felix's chest clearing up!
    :hugs: you are doing a great job!

katanya Guest

*Sigh* some more bad news I'm afraid..

Dietician vist this morning ..weighed on our base scales..8.7 kgs..he's lost 400grams since 6 weeks ago and is now WAYYY off the chart lower that ever before..I knew t wasn't to be be great news since I can feel all his bones again, and his entire rib cage s visable not just side ribs and back bone etc..

The pead will ring me on Monday as much as I detest the ghastly thing, I will be not questioning the NGT if suggested again, it scares the life out of me if he got sick again..

I really feel numb about it, I know it isn't my fault but I just wish there was something more I could do..the worst part is he was eating well before getting sick and it's just been one thing on top of the other..

Problem is with his current intake the dietician says that it would be fairly impossible to catch him up to his tenth percentile again without the tube..

So will see on monday but I am fairly sure it will be the NGT back in again..

katanya Guest

yeah shannon he's less likly to keep getting sick now warmer weather is here, but he has trouble gaining weight in a normal way anyhow..

last NGT he gained 1.5 kgs in a month, then lost 500 grams of it..but if he hadn't have had that we would be in a worse situation..before this week I was going tell them no way not again..

I HATE the NGT because he pulls it out and having it put back in is the worst kind of torture..I think this time I am going to learn how to reinsert it myself if it goes ahead, as the hospital trips and nurses holding him down are the worst thing of all

I know what the Paed's going to say because was already unhappy with him being on the 10th percentile when he was born on the 50th and was 90th etc when he was younger..now we are completely off the hospital charts which are different to the ones in the back of the health books..he's been of that chart for ages anyhow

Oh those NG tubes are horrible. Like Jessalyn, Kynan had one in for a few days when he was a newborn. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a bub Felix's age!

Sending lots of weight gain vibes!!

Hugs.

I know the tube sucks *hugs*

Katanya sorry to hear that news. I hope you and the paed can work out a not-too-invasive plan of action to get Felix back on the weight-gain track.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww... Katanya... I am so sorry... gosh... the poor little mite. :hugs: Good on you for wanting to learn how to insert the tube yourself. Being held down by nurses has got to be scary for Felix.
    I'll chuck in some weight-gain vibes too. Goodness knows I have plenty to spare

Oh Katanya, I'm really sorry to hear that things arent going so well atm... .
    I hope they are able to teach you how to insert the tube yourself, and hopefully that will make it a little easier on both you and Felix.
    I hope everything goes well when speaking with the Paed on Monday.
    Sending all of my love to you and Felix.

katanya Guest

thanks everyone for the fattening vibes and thoughts, it's so ironic really because I have just started a weight loss program too..I would gladly hand over a kilo or 2..it's really an eye opener to me about weight issue for the chronically underweight..

Dp and I discussed my idea of being able to insert it and he thinks it's a bad idea because Fleix will distrust me instead of distrusting the nurses...I don't know I just don't know whether it would be better for him to have me do it or a nurse..

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Katanya. Sending more fattening up vibes for Felix. So sorry he needs the tube again, but it does the trick doesn't it. It's a tricky one about whether you should learn to insert it yourself. I'd find it really hard, but I can see it being a good idea to be able to. Anything that makes things easier for him I suppose.

I see you've got a new website for Felix, it looks great!

Big hugs for you, it must be so hard. You're doing great & it's easy to see what a wonderful mum you are.

sorry to hear felix has to have a tube in - hopefully he will put on the weight quickly & won't have to have it in long - sending heaps of get fat vibes

katanya Guest

Well talked to Felix's pead today on the phone, and yes we will be going ahead with the NGT, his wish is to try to get him up to a weight to equal his height line and see if he can maintain it..

I'm not sure we need to go that far, I just want to get him looking healthy again..the 10th percentile where he was sitting happily would make me very happy again..not just below the 50th which is where his height is..if that was the case they are aiming for 11 kilos 8-[ which means to get him there we are talking a gain of 2.3 kilos..which will mean the tube will be in longer 8-[

I don't know, I just my argument always is that the Tube is so artificial and doesn't help him gain the weight himself..it's of course different when he is severly underweight like now..

katanya Guest

Yeah I think I will this time, since we live half an hour away from the hospital and it means taking him in there when it suits them and having different nurses do it (so who are great at it and others who are not so great) for his sake I think me learning will be better..I know that him being that bit older will mean better motor skils and strength and he'll be tugging on it for sure..

however for my sake I'm not sure, I might see if I can get DP to come along and learn too for the times I just can't stomach it (not sure if anyone has seen what's involved but he screams blue murder) trouble is getting a time he's not working..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast