Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix's Mystery Respiratory Condition

Thats fantastic news Katanya. I'm so happy that Felix is better.

mama mel Guest

I'm so happy that things are better for you now and you're feeling so much more on top of things

So glad to hear that Katanya! Wonderful for you to all be together and well.

Best wishes Michelle

katanya Guest

Just wanted to put in an update..

Felix is going in to have a Nasal Gastric Tube tomorrow..we have been trying to aovoid it for ages, now that we are going to have it, seems almost a relief..only takes 30 seconds not even a general, just staying in overnight to get the feeds established..

He has not gained weight since being ill, lost it actually still, and no sign of catching up, the paed suggests we put it in to help him gain weight before the biopsy so he has less chance of things going wrong, and if he does get an infection or some complication he'll need some extra weight to help him...

So decided that it will be the best thing, and hopefully this will see himstack on the kilos finally..

So while it wont be pleasent for him, it will be better in the long term..

awww huge hugs katanya I know its something that has been hanging over your heads for a while. I hope it goes ten times better than expected & he gains weight quickly!

Sounds like this is a good idea. Like your Dr said the more weight babies like ours carry the easier it is to help fight infection. Though I am sorry that he has had to get it. Poor mite.

Anyway good luck with it tomorrow.

Hi Katanya

Will be thinking of you all tomorrow. Can I make a suggestion? Take some interesting toys to the hospital that occupy Felix's hands so he doesn't fiddle with the NGT and tape they attach it with.

Anything that keeps little fingers busy will do Hope it goes well, and he puddin's up real quick.

Hope it all goes smoothly Katanya and that Felix beefs up quickly, the chunkier the better!

Thinking of you guys
    Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Hugs Katanya. Hope Felix copes with it well and that it does the trick.

katanya Guest

Thanks everyone, everything went well this time and only a 24 hour stay in hospital YAY!!
    We had a trial overnight there and everything was tolerated well..he even gained 100 grams in the 2 days since weight in!!! It was exciting

The NGT being put in was quite tramatic for Felix, I don't think it hurt him, but the nurse had trouble taping it and he had stay laying down longer than expected..

Then we had everything ready to go last night only to discover that the hospital supply had left out a vital part of the pump kit !! So we weren't able to do last nights pump I am going to ring them this morning ..

So fingers crossed all goes well tonight..

Woo hoo a weight gain already!

It is traumatic for the littlies when the NGTs are put in, isn't it (and for the parents, too!)

Hope you get another good result next weigh in.

Kantanya fantastic news on the weight gain! When is his next weigh in?

That is GREAT news that Felix has had a weight gain already! \/

Bummer that they left out the pump part that you needed, I hope you can get it all sorted today then, and goodluck for tonight!

Thats great news on the weight gain!! I hope he settles nicely with the NGT and gains heaps more!!

katanya Guest

thanks for your well wishes everyone, after a few teething problems the feeds are going well, he has accidentally pulled the tube once and had to go back and get it put in, but good news it seems to be working as he looks like a fat gut is forming! and he feel HEAPS heavier..

I HATE the tube though, he cries everynight having the oxygen out in on top of it and trying to change dressings is a nightmare, his first birthday is coming up and the ugly tube will be in all the photos..anyhow, I hate the tube but like what it acheiving, he also is eating better through the day..

Our next appointment is the end of next week 20th! I am so excited to see how much he's gained..it will be exciting to get a positive rather than being anxious about his placement in the scheme of things..

Katanya- so good to hear good news, and I can't imagine how hard it is for darling Felix to sleep etc with all the tubes etc. He is doing so well and so are you guys. What a shame about the tubes and his birthday but you're right the main thing is him chubbing up and sounds like it's working.

Best wishes Michelle

Woo Hoo Katanya... that's great news. And try not to worry about the NGT in his birthday pics... it's all part of his history and when he lookes back at these pics later in life you will be able to explain why he's such a special boy and how precious he is to you both.

*Yvette* Guest

Thanks for the update Katanya, I can't wait to see how he's gained too, lol. Who cares about the tubes in the photos, it's part of his experience. You're doing great!

Very best wishes,

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast