Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessalyn's Health Issues #2

Thinking of you Shannon and Jessalyn. Glad to hear Jessalyn is recovering well. Got everything crossed for you both.

Jo

Lots of hugs, kisses, thoughts, well wishes and get well vibes from our house to yours Shannon.

I am so glad that Jessalyn has come through the op ok, hope she is going well and you get to go home very soon!

Thanks for the updates Michelle - much appreciated

Shannon I'm so please to hear that Jesslyn is doing well. All of you have been in my thoughts constantly over the last few days. Thank you Michelle for posting the updates.

Thanks Lynne for posting your story and your support for Shannon, Jessalyn and her family.

Good to hear things a going well Shannon. Frank, Alana and myself are thinking of you.

Shannon- so glad you got a chance to jump on and collect our good wishes, you have us all here for support. And you don't owe me anything dear! I am just so glad to have been able to do something, I just wish there was more I could do for you guys! But I wouldn't say no to lunch down the track LOL.

Hoping today sees Jessalyn getting better and feeling better and that she soon is feeding. How're the bb's going without feeding?

Lynne- I am sure too that Shannon will greatly appreciate you being here for her support and will welcome the success story of your dd Rose!

Best wishes Michelle

You're so postivie Shannon, and I don't know if that's how most parents of sick kids are, but I find you very inspirational. I really hope Jessalyn's recovery is quick from here on in. You all deserve happiness and some bonding time as a family!! Im sure you're other girls are just hanging for you both to be home. All the best and thinking of you often xoxo

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Shannon, so glad you got to pop in from the Parents Resource Centre & pick up all the good vibes from everyone. Phew, 6 hours. So glad to hear all is well, how wonderful that she's feeding now. Hope she's back on the boob & building up your supply soon. 8 weeks huh, here's hoping for the best!

Lynne, how great that you found Shannon's thread. What a lovely surprise for Shannon! Welcome to BellyBelly. I hope you'll hang around & get involved as well as staying in touch with Shannon. I found BellyBelly the same way, Googling twins, lol. (that is my husband found it for me). So glad to hear your daughter is doing so well after her transplant.

Yet more hugs Shannon!

katanya Guest

Oh shannon I am so happy gfor you and Jess, fanatstic that you have been able to get to the computer to check in on all your wishes of support..have they given you a breast pump!!!????I know it's not the same as the real thing but stay on there girl..don't lte your supply drop off!!

I have all my fingers crossed for your birthday present tommorrow..

huge hugs and well wishes from us..

and !! :happybday: to you Shannon for tomorrow!!

Hi Shannon,

Great to hear about the feeds staying down, and all the other news of Jessalyn's recovery. Isn't she clever! I can remember being in floods of tears (happy ones) when I finally put Rose back on the breast after all those awful days of being on the milking machine. It was like my tears were raining on her head to help her grow! I completely agree with you about 4 Main staff - we fell in love with them for the way they looked after Rose around the time of her Kasai operation.

I'm also excited to read that Winita (Hardikar) is Jessalyn's hepatologist - we love her with all our heart, for all she did for Rose and for our family, and she's just the most brainy and talented person as well.

We had never heard of biliary atresia either before we had Rose! But once Rose came along we found out that a friend of a friend has a daughter with it. Of course we've got to meet a number of parents and kids now, through liver clinic and then through the support group (which is still quite new). Shane and I recently bumped into a woman who is about 30 years old, who had one of the very early Kasai procedures done in Australia. Thank goodness HER Kasai worked, because she didn't end up needing a transplant till she was about 20. If it hadn't worked, she would have been in strife because they weren't doing liver transplants on babies at the time when she was a baby! We're very lucky that transplant surgery has become so much more commonplace now - and by the way, the transplant surgeon is a gorgeous, brilliant man, with a great team. Our kids are in excellent hands in Melbourne, because there's a lot of talent and interest and research about treating childhood liver disease.

Rose IS doing well, not just muddling along, but she's really a healthy little kid - we haven't lost the novelty of it. We're so grateful to the donor family. You're right that her Kasai didn't work. When it failed I thought it was the end of the world - I hovered over her nappies in those early months, almost hallucinating a green tinge in her poo. In reality, the poo stayed very pale - which of course meant that the bile wasn't getting through to her digestive system. You sound so very sensible - you already know that it will be a difficult wait to see what the outcome of this surgery is.

But even if it doesn't work, there are many tricks up the doctors' sleeves. Now that Rose has come out the other end, I can see that the fact that she was one of the few who get very sick, very young, turned out for the best. Here she is with a new liver, and she's young enough not to even remember she was sick. Even her illness before the transplant, scary as it was at times, turned out as an opportunity for our family to have many positive experiences. Don;t get me wrong, it wasn't a bed of roses, and I'd never wish an illness on anybody, but by the same token, I don't regret anything we've been through.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll meet one day Shannon, if not through the group, then very possibly in the waiting area outside Winita's clinic! In the meantime, all strength to you and your fighting little super girl! And don't ever hesitate to email me with any little questions or concerns. If you're anything like me, you'll go through different stages with that desire for information - sometimes I'd kind of "overdose" on information, and felt a bit overwhelmed at the very thought of hearing another experience from someone who was further along the track than Rose was! Other times, I wanted to know everything, and right now!

Even though you're being very well looked after on 4 Main, I know you must be so very tired by now, after this huge week. There's no such thing as real sleep in a shared room, is there?! I hope the ward has cleared out a little for the weekend, and that you have a chance to have a bit more peace and quiet for your birthday, and for the reunion between Jessalyn and your breasts!

Warm regards,

Lynne

Wooo Hoooo for Jessalyn! That's fantastic news that she's able to take milk again so quickly.

Hope she treats you to a big stinky one real soon 8-[

*Yvette* Guest

:happybday: Shannon!

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy birthday Shannon! Good to hear that Jessalyn is going well. I hope that you got to BF her today

kirsty Guest

Sending you loads of hugs to you during your hospital stay with Jessalyn, sounds like she is doing well. Hope that all continues to improve & that you get your birthday wish today & get to give her a bf.

Happy Birthday Shannon!

What terrific news that Jessalyn is starting to feed, hopefully she starts guzzling very soon LOL, get those bb's working !

I hope you get a second today to enjoy getting older as well, I can imagine you are very tired. We are all sending get well vibes and hopefully the 8 week wait flies.

Love Michelle

that is great news shannon - hopefully you have had a good birthday & got to feed your precious little girl

Shannon, that is just wonderful news that Jess is now taking some feeds, and is crying a lot less too.
    I hope you managed to have a nice birthday today, and that you were able to get your wish and BF your little girl. Big for you and all of your family...

Welcome to BellyBelly Lynne, and thankyhou for sharing your story about little Rose. I am so happy to hear how well she is doing today.

Shaonnon, I hope you got your birthday wish yesterday and was able to BF Jessalyn. Wonderful news that she`s able to feed a little now, she`s such a precious little girl.

Welcome to BB Lynne, your story is amazing and I`m sure it has given Shannon a lot of comfort.

Take Care

Deeanne

Happy Birthday for yesterday Shannon! I am so glad to hear that Jess is doing so well. I've been thinking of you. I hope you have been able to stick her on the breast and that your supply is building up again.

Welcome Lynne! Thankyou for sharing your story.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast