... 56789 ...

thread: Bad Bad name

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Platinum Subscriber

    Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic
    2,172

    Noooooooo!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2009
    1,714

    My DH is in the RAAF and when he underwent his initial training he did it with navy and army people as well, he came across a guy in the navy whose last name was 'swallows' so he was Seaman Swallows and a guy in the army whose last name was 'Parts' so he was Private Parts!

    My great uncle is William Williams and one of my school teachers was Alex Alexander
    Last edited by raffy; November 17th, 2013 at 05:49 AM.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere
    9,362

    A good friend of mine has an embroidery business and she recently had one 'Jaykub'

  4. #4
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Feb 2012
    Melbourne , Victoria
    2,109

    My DH is in the RAAF and when he underwent his initial training he did it with navy and army people as well, he came across a guy in the navy whose last name was 'swallows' so he was Seaman Swallows and a guy in the army whose last name was 'Parts' so he was Private Parts!

    My great uncle is William Williams and one of my school teachers was Alex Alexander

    Pmsl!

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jul 2012
    321

    Still laughing about Seaman Swallows.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Add No.5 on Facebook

    Jan 2007
    Brisbane
    2,391

    Bad Bad name

    That poor child (Maffew!).
    Last edited by No.5; November 17th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!
    6,772

    I checked my work emails yesterday and I had an email from someone from an external company and their name was Sh*tal

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Add No.5 on Facebook

    Jan 2007
    Brisbane
    2,391

    I checked my work emails yesterday and I had an email from someone from an external company and their name was Sh*tal
    Not even sure how you'd pronounce that?!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    This thread was bumped at the right time.

    Q'Dell.

    Hmm... really don't think I like it. ..

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW
    2,160

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I came across a new student whose name is Sweetheart....whilst it's a lovely sentiment and nickname - I can't help thinking it's a hard name to put on a resume or name tag!

  11. #11
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    5,235

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I know an asian family with Glory and Marvellous.

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Aug 2010
    Albs, WA
    971

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I came across a new student whose name is Sweetheart....whilst it's a lovely sentiment and nickname - I can't help thinking it's a hard name to put on a resume or name tag!

    I know a Sweetheart and her cousin Precious. both 1st generation Aussies

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Aug 2009
    Melbourne
    766

    Re: Bad Bad name

    Imagine them at work?!
    Boss says: 'Hey Sweetheart, have you got that report I asked for?'

    In any other scenario that would be considered sexist or harassment! Lol

  14. #14
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Mar 2008
    Vic
    4,806

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I feel sorry for people who immigrate here and their name means something horrible here. I went to school with a boy named Fahdi, pronounced Farty. Certainly not the intention of his parents when he was born overseas!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

    Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC
    5,051

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I feel sorry for people who immigrate here and their name means something horrible here. I went to school with a boy named Fahdi, pronounced Farty. Certainly not the intention of his parents when he was born overseas!
    Me too! My mum was mortified when I yelled "HELLO FARTY!!" in a shop once

  16. #16
    Registered User

    Apr 2008
    Melbourne
    6,745

    Re: Bad Bad name

    Or when people anglicise their names without knowing local slang - we had a senior executive come over from china for work and she changed her name to Fanny. Once she arrived and was told what her name meant she was mortified - she wished she had known before choosing that!

  17. #17

    May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic
    8,631

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I went to school with a Katinka, an age ago. Wasn't that strange to us!

    I'm doing a cake decorating course and one of the other women's names is Candida.

    Yep.

  18. #18
    Registered User

    Apr 2008
    Melbourne
    6,745

    Re: Bad Bad name

    That's bad!

... 56789 ...