Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dont you feel as though someone will use your names?

Because we find out the sex of our babies we try to keep the chosen name a secret. I say Try because after a while I tend to start referring to the babu by the chosen name.
    FWIW for our angel we had DD name chosen and told my mother and her exact comment was " Shae, thats a horses name not a name for a baby, you don't want to name her after a horse"
    SO we chose another name for our angel. then when we were pregnant with DD, Dh said this baby's name will be Shae and that was it .... now Mum reckons its such a beautiful name, go figure ...

At the end of the day, if your not going to be influenced by others opinions then I don't see any reason why telling other what you like ITMS unless of course you want to keep SOMETHING a secret. I am not worried about others using my names as I don't have that many "close friends" whom are TTC that like the same sorts of names.

BTW I love both the names Romone and Diego

I'm terrified of it! =P

I have had names picked out for my babies for over 10 years. I picked them cause of their meaning and what they meant to me. All I need now is the babies to name them.
    my 2nd girls name is becoming popular, i have seen a couple of people name their babies that and it kind of makes me sad...my 1st boys name seems to have been popular i have met a few boys with that name but they are all 3 or 4 years old now. My 1st girls name and 2nd boys name though no one has ever used before, which i really like.
    I want to show off the names but obviously get scared when people ask cause i dont want them to use them.

When DH and I do get preg, we wont be finding out the sex, so probably would be easier to keep the names a secret.

it just happened to me today - my bestie just used my choice for a boy's middle name for her own boy's middle name.... now what do ya do about that hey? you cant exactly turn around and say.. 'hey that was my name' - all you can do is use it still if you like it and hope that she remembers it was you who spoke about it first and hope that she doesnt get offended if your son ends up having the same name..

Default Dont you feel as though someone will use your names?

Dh's Sis suggested a name and I said I can't use that my best friend is naming her bub that, due 10 days before our bub & she said who cares just use it, Theres no way I'd steal a name, it's not a nice thing to do at all.
    We are learning to keep our name choices under wraps as ppl always have something negative to say!

I don't doubt someone will use our names at one time or another! We don't have very unusual or unique names. For me if someone has the same name as my children I would either see it as a compliment or that someone has a great taste as me hehe, honestly I wouldn't mind. I don't have a monopoly over these names.
    The only reason I would not disclose the names we have chosen is because I don't want to hear negative comments, particularly from my mother. She has alreasy turned me off two names I had chosen for this bub, so the names (Emily Louise and Dylan Matthew) we have chosen now are staying under wraps to her at least!

I get worried that someone will take my name, but the few people I've told so far have done the "Oh, that's a nice name" thing. So I doubt it's many peoples taste, but I don't care because DP and I like it and I have wanted to call my boy (if I ever have one) this name since I was like 10 lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123