Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DP hates my names :(

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

DP and I can decide on a few but he wants his middle name if its a boy and i dont like it lol. Plus my middle name doesnt go with any of the girl names we like.

Tell him your cooking it you get final say lol

i love Lachlan for a boy

Amelia was also my top pick for a girl, but DH wouldn't have a bar of it.....so annoying THEN a friend had a baby recently and named her Amelie and he said he LIKED that! Grrrrrr

Maybe you can just do a variant of the names you like?

When you get the right name you will both agree and it won't be a matter of convincing anyone

Don't stress, it will all pan out in the end!

Oh, DH wants to name the baby (and the last one lol) Seven (as in Seven of Nine from Start Trek) and wonders why I think I am not sold on the idea!

When you get the right name you will both agree and it won't be a matter of convincing anyone

Don't stress, it will all pan out in the end!

Oh, DH wants to name the baby (and the last one lol) Seven (as in Seven of Nine from Start Trek) and wonders why I think I am not sold on the idea!

Hahaha

Lachlan is right up there for me for boy names as well. My worst enemy is named Hayley...sorry to all the Hayley's out there but I hate that name!

Aim x

I have exactly the same problem. DH hates my name choices and I hate his! We both decided we loved Chloe Elizabeth, but I have a 13 year old cousin called Chloe and my family is very difficult, so I thought it would be the right thing to do to mention it to them. Bad idea, but thats another story and I'm about to start a thread of my own!

So... we're stuck. I met a woman in a baby shop the other day that told me the birth of her son wasn't registered for three months after his was born simply because she and her DH couldn't agree on a name!

We couldn't decide on a name for DD. I liked Summer Lea and he wanted Suki (hmm not likely) so then for fun i entered 'baby name generator' into google and some silly baby genie came up and it asked for the sex of the baby and the last name.The first name to pop up was Kailey Megan Babb and i told him and he said he liked Kailey and i said yes its sweet. Then i said ok thats done her name will be Kailey Summer Babb but he doesnt like the name Summer so he kept saying yeah maybe. Then when she was born the midwife filled our paperwork out she asked her name and before he could jump in i said Kailey Summer Babb

You still have some time to work out names, good luck!

I love the idea of jumping in on the name debate when asked at the hospital before DH, but if I do it I know it'll result in a huge fight, so best not for me lol

Haaaa. Kim on the pumpkin patch! Ahurani, just wanted to say I feel your pain.. I have the perfect name picked for lil bun, if it is a boy.. Dh hates it. I told him when he can grow a baby, then he can pick the names. Ha. Ha. Ha. jk... but sounded good in theory as I said it! lol.

Ugh, I know how you feel! I love Nalin for a boy but Shel, of course, refuses.
    I can't use the whole 'after birth' thing since I'm not the one giving birth, so I guess my aim is to pick at her until I wear her down enough that she'll consider it...

Sorry, no suggestions, but I do liek this thread. Hopefully I'll get some ideas on how to make your partner consider your names.
    Thinking about it, I guess our partners are probably thinking the same things about us

Quote Originally Posted by ~Leasha~ View Post
    Ugh, I know how you feel! I love Nalin for a boy but Shel, of course, refuses.
    I can't use the whole 'after birth' thing since I'm not the one giving birth, so I guess my aim is to pick at her until I wear her down enough that she'll consider it...

Sorry, no suggestions, but I do liek this thread. Hopefully I'll get some ideas on how to make your partner consider your names.
    Thinking about it, I guess our partners are probably thinking the same things about us
    lol I'll bet they are! I know for a fact that Ed is completely and utterly fed up of my "horrible" name suggestions! I have to say, I went to school with a boy called Nalin and he was the loveliest person... so kind to everyone and just a really nice person.

We're stuck on a girl's middle name and a whole boys name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12