thread: Henry?

Dec 2008

ah well girls, we found out we are having a little girl!! so no need to think about the boys name for now

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Henrietta

Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano

Hooray for pink! How do you like Harriet? ( love it, DH says no)
    Pink names I like:
    Edith (Edie)
    Daisy
    Millicent
    Josephine
    Hazel
    Clementine
    Beatrice
    Violet
    Stella
    Martha
    Iris
    Imogen

Aug 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

I LOVE Henry. We're thinking of naming bubs Henry Joseph if he's a boy. A bit classic, a bit different, but no too common or uncommon. We've always loved the name, and there is the cutest little boy called Henry Martin in my class. He's 7 months old and laughs all day. He's such a darling!!

Can't wait to hear what you're having. I'd find out tomorrow if I could...

Have fun choosing. What are you ideas for girl names?

Aug 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

Oh - just missed your post. I LOVE Harriet, and also don't mind Stella (didn't like it till I had a 3 year old in my class last year named Stella, and now I just think of "Miss Personality" -- don't think I'd name my kids Stella, but don't mind the name). I also like Genevieve (nickname Vieve), from a similar era.

Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano

I also knew a Genevieve who was nn'd "evie" Biggest brown eyes you've ever seen. Still amazed I didn't drown in them.

May 2008
    Melbourne

i love love love the name Henry, i can just picture a gorgeous little boy.. you could call him Heners as a nick name.
    all the best!

May 2008
    Melbourne

ok sorry just read your post, will have to keep henery for next time. i know a lovely little Harriet, i think thats a gorgeous girls name. what other names did you have in mind??

Aug 2007
    Sydney

Congratulations on your little girl!

Our DD is Harriet Susan Louise (Susan - my mum, Louise - DH's mum).

The name Harriet was a late inclusion right at the bottom of our girls names list. When she arrived we tried out all the names on her but Harriet was the only one that seemed to suit her. And of course now we couldn't imagine her as anything else.

Here's our list:
    Madeline
    Claudia
    Elise
    Dorothy
    Lauren
    Laura
    Nicola
    Harriet

ETA: And we love calling her Harri for short.

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

I know a little girl is on her way but I just thought I would say that I quite like Henry as a name (given that the title of this thread askes about the name). I really like lesser used names from previous generations.

Apr 2009
    Rural Vic

I want to name my boys names like George and Henry and my girls Claire and Charlotte. Names that not every kid in class has and that won't grow old.