Thread: I've changed my mind

Default I've changed my mind

Up until the other day I was one person who alwasy said it didn;t amtter if you had the same name for your kids as other people. But now I'm changing!

A close friend is having a boy in April - I asked her is she knew the name yet and she told me Archer - Archie for nn. She said they've been calling him that for ages so she can't see her changing. I told her I loved the name but didn't tell her it was VERY high on our list.

I am not upset or angry at all - we never discussed it but now I can't imagine calling our baby (if it's a boy) Archie who is due in Sept! It woud be just weird cause then our mutual friends would have 2 babies in the group with same name.

So I think if it's distant enough its okay or they're much older but that's it!

BTW - if you have any new suggestions for me that would be ace! We already have a Mackenzie (girl) and will prob name baby Darcey if it's a girl so need boys names now!

i have a similar situation with the name Ethan, but my friend said that if i liked the name i could use it too. her son was born 2 weeks ago, mine is due in 2 weeks! her partner didnt like the name ethan so they compromised and they named their son with Ethan as a middle name. i still like Ethan and since they used it as a middle name i guess it makes it even easier for me to use the name as a first. but even though she said i could use it, i dont want to cause her any distress. especially since she caved and had to use it as a secon name.... hmmm i dunno what to do.

btw, i love Archie as a first name too but DH doesnt. why do the fathers make it so dificult for us! :-)

Would you use Darcey for a boy? It goes really well with Mackenzie and I reckon you could use it for either..

We did consider DArcy for boy for along time but now i'm not so sure....

Harvey
    Spencer
    Fletcher
    Harper
    Baxter
    Nathaniel

Some names I like:

Ashton
    Braelan
    Casper
    Camden
    Dante (pronounced Darn-tay)