Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you do it?

Go for it, my real name is one that nobody can spell, which is why my parents never used it, I wish they had.

Exactly! God the song is catchy....DH is always wondering around the house singing it, he even made up a version with DS's name and things about him to the tune of the song hahahahaha
    I reckon it's a winner Arimeh!
    Last edited by allycat06; July 18th, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

I wouldn't...but that is mainly because I despise the fact that morons cannot pronounce my name, or spell, it - it isn't THAT hard! lol
    And it isn't even that odd either.

As for Azarias...reminds me too much of Azaria - which is a girls name. lol

But if I KNEW What the other name was, I might be able answer properly!! ;p

Weelll, i dont think it takes any longer to screeeech than Aricyn - bout the same to me

Love all your choices anyway !

Squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallll !!!

Yep, I would do it. Especially if it's what I think it is. And leave the spelling. It looks French. So you automatically apply French pronunciation rules to it.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I do love the name but the speilling is a *****!!!!!! But you cant change spelling as would look silly!

(by the way song in my head now) THANKS

I'm a bit wary of names that I know everyone will mispronounce. Misspelling is one thing, but actually having people say your name wrong all the time has got to be annoying.
    I don't think you can rely on the average aussie to know french pronunciation rules, either. I don't anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by marcellus View Post
    I don't think you can rely on the average aussie to know french pronunciation rules, either. I don't anyway.
    Haha - I don't either.. lol

And I do know what its like to have people not know how to spell your name. My name isn't that hard (Melina) and I am FOREVER correcting people who put a stinkin' D in it. No, my name is NOT Melinda... its Melina.. but NOBODY ever gets it right.

Jahzara - bahahaha.. you cheeky thing

Perhaps you'll just have to move to France or Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by marcellus View Post
    Perhaps you'll just have to move to France or Canada?
    Nah.. too bloody cold in Canada

If it's the name I think it is - it's a great name. I vaguely considered it for Ds2 but had the same reservations as you. I think you would have to spell it the correct way though. Anyone with kids under 5 and a TV would be familiar with it at least! You could always start singing the song when people ask how it is pronounced!

omg omg mel nooo!! i hate that show, that kid makes me want to throw things at the telly!!!!!!
    but the names cute though

I personally wouldn't give my child a name they had to spell to everyone. Though theses days so many people have unsual spellings and we are so mutli cultural people are getting used to it.
    I think the name is really great but it isnt pronounced anything like it looks is it so I think they would have to spell it every single time. Tricky when its a name you love!! One thing is to think about is how do you feel about spelling it cause you will have to until they learn to spell it themselves lol. Good luck with the decision Mel!

Quote Originally Posted by ezymay View Post
    One thing is to think about is how do you feel about spelling it cause you will have to until they learn to spell it themselves lol. Good luck with the decision Mel!
    Hmm well Aricyn is 3 and a half and can spell his name - so its not that long to be spelling it out...lol

I am 95% sure I know what it is, and I think most people know how to say it You'll be presently surprised and I think you should go with it. I think it's an awesome name

I really really like that name and it's not as if you are creating some way out there name that no one has EVER heard of before. I had seen it before the show but wasn't really sure how to say it. But when I heard it, I thought it's so classy! It's like Siobhan in a way. I never knew how to say that until recently but love it. I say go for it. It's a lovely, classy name that many people around the world would recognise. It might even be really popular over in Canada or France!? Plus, my name (Nicole) was really popular when I was growing up but I still had to spell it EVERY time. And now that I'm married I have to spell my last name without exception. So you can't win. Go for a lovely name that you like and that will suit your little one x

I have been reading this thread trying to figure it out and I just did - I like it I think that lots of kids growing up now will know how to say the name and what it is. My kids all watch the show so it won't be that strange to his peers ...

Rouge - do you like it cos it starts with the same letters as your real name?

Nik - I wonder if I could do a search for like the top 100 names in canada or something.. do they have those lists like they do here in aus?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast