Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Would you do it?

I think i know which one your talking bout but not 100% sure.....

I say go for it... my name is Leah, short and EASY and i am still correcting people, not it's not LEE and yes there is a H not theres no G like LEIGH... no matter what people will always ask or get it wrong, if you like it.. go for it!

Yep, I agree with others - we are always helping people with spelling or saying my kids names. It doesn't matter how simple. You may as well be spelling a name you really like if you have to keep spelling it and saying it for people

I have the song stuck in my head now...

Think the problem may come from so many people changing the spelling of 'easy' or 'normal' names - I got asked to spell CHARLOTTE - TWICE -= yesterday One of the women said to me 'well, you never know these days do you'... lol

Well Nina for starters would love it. She LOVES that show, and has called all of her teddies (bar one) Caillou lol. I think it's a cute name.

I say use it. Youd prob be surprised at how many parents and kids can spell AND prn it BECAUSE of the tv show.

Its a fave in our house (the show) and I do think the name is sweet.

i think it's an awesome name. i would spell it exactly how it is spelt on the show.

fwiw- i get asked to spell both my ds's names all the time. ds2 is jimmy- i mean, come on, can you seriously not spell that??

Im the kid that people always get my name wronge! No big deal, really I just correct them

Go for it

I like it too!!!! Damn that song is stuck in my head now!! I just googled the lyrics so I could sing it properly, lol.
    Last edited by Heaven; July 19th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    ds2 is jimmy- i mean, come on, can you seriously not spell that??

lol Grand! But then again, there is probably people out there spelling it Gimmey just to confuse everyone ;p

I like exploring I'm Caaaaaiiiillloouu

PMSL @ Ginger.. hmmm.. could be Jimmee? Jim-mae' ?

Bahahahaah!!!!

I think we might just go with it.. if its a boy of course.. and if its a sticky one!

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

thanks for finaly telling me what the name was, it was driving me crazy as i couldnt guess and was going to ask for more clues!!! dont have ABC2

I like it, although if you hadnt writen how it was pronounced i would have been saying it wrong!! it looks beautiful writen down, you could spell it Kaiou, but its a totally different name when you see it writen like that.

If you like it go with it, DPs name is SAM and people call him dan or stan or steve so it really doesnt matter how simple or hard a name is people are always going to get it wrong.....i was always Rachel instead of Rebecca!

I was sitting here watching the show and I didn't even guess lol I like it!!

ummm hello YES!!!!!

Wilhelm - we always get william...

Mateauz - we get Mahh tooz...its Maa tea - as

I dont get annoyed about having to resay it I get more annoyed wth.......Ohh I havent heard that name before is that Australian

ETA just read the complete thread now...(DH I am) and gotta say...I love it!!! Its Vy's favourite name..she's called a teddy and doll it. You so have to use it woman

I think Dirtgirl is a better name :P

I love it hun and if you guys love it then go for it!

Default Would you do it?

I'm glad you said what it was and I'm not left wonering if it's makkapakka lol

I get asked to spell both my boys first names a lot, and they're not unusual IMO. Even their middle names ( on more than one occasion I've been asked to spell Jay)

Hey Mel, firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I had a suspicion from fb, but haven't been on here for so long, thought I'd look at some names cos stuck with a boys middle name, but saw your thread straight away. All I can say is it is a really cute name (specially the way he pronounces it on the show), and Miss Georgia has no problems pronouncing it, and since all these kids are growing up watching the show, you'll probably find (if it were a boy) that he'd have less problems than all the rest anyway. Also just as you call Mehkelti 'Kelts' Caillou could get shortened to Cai (Ky) once he gets to school anyway. you know how aussie kids are, everyone's names gets shortened. Cai or Kai is actually a pretty popular name at the moment. xoxox.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345