Thread: ABA slings versus HAB???

Default ABA slings versus HAB???

Hi all,

I am very keen to buy a baby carrier / sling, and am wanting to get a good one. I have been recommended to choose an ABA one, but I noticed Bellybelly people seem to really love the HAB one...

Does anyone have any thoughts on the ABA ones? They are less than half the price!!

And does the HAB one get too hot in summer / hot weather?

I am a pretty active person (walk to places a lot) and am intending to use the sling as the most common way of transporting bub, so I am intending to use it a lot. I'm really keen to get one that's going to support bub properly and you can take anywhere.

Thanks!!
    Michelle

Hi Michelle, I had an ABA sling with my first DD and used it constantly, it is however less comfortable than a HAB but much easier to get on and off quickly (getting in & out of the car when you're out and about, for eg). Yes I find my HAB hot in summer, but I'm a hottie who hates summer anyway. The other thing is, sometimes dads are a bit resistent to the HAB, so it might even be worth getting one of each, you will use both of them at different times and for different reasons...HTH

Hi Michelle, Personally I think you can't really beat the HAB for comfort (along with the ergo), but it is really hot to wear around in summer. I've never used the ABA sling, but there is a choice comparison on the 'net somewhere that compares about 5 slings and I'm pretty sure the HAB and ABA ones are included. Just google "choice" and "baby carrier" and you should get something?

I like both but if I had to choose the ABA one would win. Its cheaper, easier, cooler & worn right equally as comfy.

I have both. DH would wear the ABA one, but not the HAB. So the ABA tended to be the "car" sling. It lived in the car and we used it when out shopping. I also found it handy for those times when I needed to only have her in the sling for short periods, but often.

The only thing I found with the ABA one was that is rubbed under the back of her head, but that could be due to me doing something wrong. Will see what happens with the next bub.

Astrid, I found the same problem with the ABA sling. I use to put a soft microfleece bit of material across & that helped.

I used the HAB a lot and never found it too hot. But then, my DD was born in March and it had cooled down while I was using it the most. But I did continue to use it through the next summer (just not as much).

My DP didn't want to use the HAB because he thought he wouldn't be able to do it up properly. I'll probably get him the ABA one next time so he has no excuses!