Thread: Bubba Moe vs Ergo

Question Bubba Moe vs Ergo

Hi, I'm trying to decide which of these to purchase. I find that I am needing a carrier to carry around my 14 month old who is having a rough time with teething and doesn't want to be put down. At 11kgs, he gets heavy after a while and I feel like my arms are going to drop off
    So I've looked around a bit, and narrowed it down to Bubba Moe or Ergo. Both can carry infants as well as toddlers, which suits me now for DS and July for the new bub.
    If anyone has any preferences for one over the other - any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thanks in advance

I don't have any suggestions regarding a sling for a bubba that heavy, but I did want to say how much I love your ticker. That photo is GORGEOUS!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Awww shucks.... thanks!!!!!! One of the rare moments he actually wasn't whingy or crying

We have an Ergo which is great for carrying my 12kg bubba around, can barely even feel she's in there, although front carry does pull a bit when I am trying to do things, if I am being active it's back carry, if I'm just running into kindy it's front carry.

Not sure what a Bubba Moe is but I'm not sure how an Ergo wouldgo with a preggie belly as the hip/waist strap is what keeps bub in so it def needs to be donw up and carries most of the weight. I find with my post baby belly (yes still) I end up looking a bit like a pork roast if I'm not careful.

PMSL @ pork roast
    I didn't think about comfort level with preggie belly.... I just want the pressure off my arms!!!!!

Do you know anyone nearby that has one that you can try? I'd offer to send you one of ours to try but they cost a fortune to send :-)

My sister has the bubba moe - which is where I found that it might be great for mine, but she has a 2 year old, and about to have another bub in about 16 days!!! So I think she'll be using it for a while

I love my Ergo but looking at the bubba moe I think it would be more suitable with a pg belly. I wear the Ergo right around my middle and I just don't see how the back carry would work with a pg belly comfortably, you can wear the ergo around your hips but I don't find it as comfortable.

Does your sister carry her 2yo in the bubbamoe? How does she find it distributes the weight? The ergo is excellent for making heavy weights feel like light weights but it's not going to be much use to you if you can't wear it for the next 20wks :-)

Saram - I sent her a text asking if she carries him around -she hasn't replied yet I like the fact that you can wear them on your back though, saves my arms I would think!!!

Yes I would def recommend a back carry for over 10kg! Also having your older bub on your back means you can carry the little one and your DS won't feel left out/jealous.

So would you say that the bubba moe would look like it would be better for carrying on the back than the ergo? I'm so freakin clueless its not funny