Thread: Pouch slings for older baby?

Default Pouch slings for older baby?

Hello ladies! I've got a moby wrap for Emily, which I have loved, particularly when she was tiny. I still use it regularly if I'm going to be carrying her for a while. However, I am thinking that I would like to have something quick and easy for her too, for short outings - ie popping out for groceries, or whatever. So I am looking at a pouch sling, but as usual, there are SOOOOOOO many choices. Do I want stretch, or no stretch, padding or no padding......????
    What do you have and like, or dislike about your sling? Any particular features that you love, or namebrands that have been great?
    Thanks!

Oh - DD is 9 months old, and weighs about 20ish lbs (9kg, I think?)

Hi Cricket,

I was using the Moby on me son until about 2 weeks ago,It was just getting a little annoying to put it on.I also found as he got heavier he would slide down my front after a while.
    I'm not using a sling anymore, I'm using the Ergo Baby.It's really worth having a look at.It can be used until they are toddlers and it feels like you are carrying nothing.Sam weighs about 8.5kg(very big for his age).
    I would definitely pop in to your local baby shop and try it, I couldn't live without it!.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion Laura. I can't say I'm familiar with Ergo, but I'll have a look online and see what I think. (Ahhhh the joys of internet shopping. )
    For me, the Moby is still working fine (I wonder if you might want to tie yours a little tighter?) but I'm finding it a bit of a pain for quick outings. So I want something that will be really quick and easy, and comfortable enough for short term wear.
    What I'm looking at is Hotslings. Anyone else used them?

I have an ERGO and a peanut sling. The ERGO is great for long distances and back wearing but the peanut sling is my favourite for the quick trip to the shops. Easy on and off and I can carry him on my hip (he is about 10kg) and still be hands free. I find it hard to carry him without it now It is also good because I am pregnant and things around my waist are uncomfortable. There is nothing on my waist with the peanut and yet he is still well secured. And I can move him to the front for a snooze if he needs it.

I go ditto to 'Michelle's' post... I have both the ERGO and Peanut Shell and love them both.

I call teh ERGO 'the boot' and the Peanut Shell 'the thong'! The 'boot' takes a couple more moments to put on but you can walk longer distances and still be comfy, while you just stroll to the round-the-corner-shop in your 'thong'!!

Both slings are great but do different things at different times....

I have just been 'web surfing' and noticed that the Babes in Arms website has both carriers on special at the moment! 20% OFF Indigo ERGOs and Microfleece Peanut Shells!! Good luck!