Thread: 12 month needles

Default 12 month needles

We are taking Chelsea for her 12 month needles either tomorrow or thursday

Did any of your kids react....how?....and for how long? Any info is appreciated!

I so dont want to have them done but Dh thinks we should..i know id not forgive myself if anything ever happened.

Laila had hers Sunday..the 3 of them eeeek and she has been sick but she has been sick since xmas day. Laila actuallt pulled out one of her needles so they had to do it again

poor laila...hope she is better soon Linz

Kim - Jake ended up with measles rash 7 days after needles and was really crappy but that is also bcos his immune system has been very stressed lately and he had another bug - as you know! Apart from that he didn't have sore needles site or lumps or anything else.

K=Not sure if anyone had told you but they do these ones one in each arm and one in the leg - well they did for Jake - and the arms ones were a bit traumatic for me!

Good luck!

sophie had the rash also, most symptoms started at the 7 day mark and lasted around a week including the rash

I hear alot get a mild reaction on the 7 day mark but Ash never got that she had hers on the day.
    She got the temperature and was really miserable and crying all day. Also she got a big lump on her leg where they did it which bruised and the lump took bout 3 weeks to go.

Daniel didn't react at all to the previous injections and will be having his 12 month in February.

Are they more likely to react to the 12 month?

Thanks Kim, they did all of Laila's in her legs, and for once she hasnt got the big bumps she usually does.

Jack had lumps that looked like mossy bites at the injections sites about a week later, but they didn't bother him. Tom had a fever for two nights in a row about two weeks afterwards, could be co-incidence or could be related. But it wasn't serious.

None of my kids reacted to any needles.. Well my 8 year old reacted to his 4 yrs (before school) needle.. but other then that nothing..

and that was just a red hot lump on his arm.. He said it didn't hurt but it sure looked like it did

Im freaking about where the needles go (legs/arms) ive been told so many different stories where they are given....

And now im freaking bout this rash and fever...i pray Chelsea has no reaction!!

Kim talk toyour doctor before he does them to make sure you are comfortable. I think they do them on the arm if the kiddies have enough meat on them but if you are more comfortable with them in the legs just ask. Jakey only cried when he actually got the needle the was ok after - just like me and I still cry when I get a needle!