Thread: 5 month bub doing lots of poos!!

Default 5 month bub doing lots of poos!!

Hi there,

Just a question about my babies poo. She is 5 months old and is fully breastfed. She would usually do about one poo every day. Today though she has done 4 big ones! They are a mustard colour and runny but they are always like that.

How do I know if she has diarrhea?? She does have a cold at the moment and I think she is starting to teeth. Do you think this is why she is pooing so much?
    How many poos do your babies do in a day?

Thanks for any replies!

Hi firstbub. I wondered the same thing about diarrhoea until Daniel got it. You'll know. It's almost like you put the milk in one end and it comes directly out the other - no processing in between.

Daniel was doing one a day but at about 5 months he started doing about 4 a day. Now, he doesn't even grunt or anything - so you never know when he's done one. He has become so expert at them it doesn't even show on his face anymore. I've come to the conclusion that babies poo a lot - especially if they're an eating machine like my little boy.

Hope that helps.

Mine can still do 3 a day! And they're big girl poos lol (sorry TMI). But she was about the same as your bub at 5 months. I agree with lestypuss - you'll know.

Don't forget that when you have a cold you swallow lots of mucous (without even being conscious of it) so your digestive tract becomes quite 'lubricated IYKWIM? I know it's gross but check yours out next time you have a yucky nose.

Tehe sorry but you asked....hope she's feeling better soon.

she should be fine....that can be normal

Does the poo smell differently than normal? Or is it greener than normal?

Teething poos have a "tangy" and "sharp" smell to them

hth

Have you started solids by any chance? From the day we started solids with Jesse his poos picked up from once a day to 4 times.

Thank you for your replies. I haven't started solids yet. She is only having breast milk. Her poo is sometimes a little green but I find that happens when she has short feeds, or if I swap breasts too early. It probably is associated with teething. There is so much guess work when you become a mum!!!!