Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ahh cant go in that shop.....pram wont fit !

Yes! Totally agree with you.....I feel so sorry for pple in wheel chairs...I didnt realise how hard it would be for them, until i had to lug a pram around the shops.

I went into Big W this morning and the pram wouldnt fit through the security thingys at the end of the checkout. Here i was with 50 people behind me, paid for my things, about to leave and bammm wont fit! Luckily i had a nice checkout chick who helped me lift the pram over some ridges that were sticking out of the security thingy and we were able to fit through! Otherwise i wouldve looked like a real halfwhit going excuse me, excuse me gotta move all you people out of the road..

chelleg Guest

My mum is in a wheelchair so it's real fun when we go shopping :eek: I'm so with you girls about the wheelchair/pram aisle being closed, but you know what annoys me even more? When people who DON'T have prams or wheelchairs insist on lining up in the wheelchair/pram aisle. Grrrrrr Like hello, you could go to ANY other checkout in the whole freaking shop - many of which have a shorter queue anyway - but no, instead you insist on lining up in the only checkout i can fit through so i have to stand here for twice as long. I have total shopping rage lol
    While i'm raving on, you know what else i HATE. When people insist on standing in the middle of nowhere to have a chat or when your walking along behind somebody and they just STOP. Stop in the middle of nowhere, for no perceivable reason and then shoot filthy looks becasue you almost run into them (or do accidently on purpose run into them ) It's always a million times worse at this time of year too.
    OK rant over.....

We just got a new gloria jeans where i live....soooo excited. Latte's here i come . DH got me a coffee on weekend...came back and informed me. "Babe, you wont be going near that gloria jeans.......theres 6 steps to the front entrance"...WTF?? And its not just WTF to mums with prams, the elderely, disabled -
    um helloooooooooooooooooooooooo?

I think Big W are the worst shop to get prams through when you pay. I think the wide checkout should say wheelchairs and prams only and make sure they stick to it.

The other thing that bugs me is when i need the toilet and the kids are with me and the disabled one is busy and out walks 5 mins later someone that could have used a normal toilet. Our local shops don't have parent toilets so you have to use the disabled one of try and get through two doors to get in to the ladies and then leave half your stuff outside the door.

I know - it is rediculous - our pram is no wider than a wheel chair - they should accomodate for both!

Yep, the layout marketing department heads should be made to travel through each and every store with a pram just to see how hard it is for us mums (and dads!) to do our shopping.
    What also bugs me is at most coffee shops there is really not one time when you enter one when there is not at least 1 table of mums with prams. So, I ask, why dont they have one dedicated table that you can sit at least 4 women and a bit of extra room for a few bubs? Our mothers group got so sick of trying to meet at coffee shops because they couldnt cater for 8 mums with prams.. and the demographic of shopping centre customers on weekdays are MUMS with kids!!!
    When we went to kmart the other day, it was the first day of their toy sale (which stupidly I didnt know about) and I noticed a trive of mums attacking the shelves but on closer inspection there were boxes and shopping trolley's in the aisles filled with stock (but which was not being unpacked). Why dont they just keep an eye on stock levels and bring out the products as needed? Isnt that what you pay staff to do?
    Shops just **** me at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12