Thread: Baby gift ideas

Default Baby gift ideas

Hi girls,

I need to send a gift overseas for a baby girl who is 6 mo. What is a classy and great gift to send for the people who have everything for their princess??

Money isn't really an issue at this stage

my friends got DS a beautiful teddy bear that came with his name embroidered on it - his full name, and then his birth date on the back of it. It is absolutely gorgeous and the best gift I have received by far. If you want to know the name of the company they got it from, pm me and I'll provide details. Good luck!!

That sounds really nice, but its not enough - thing is, this family helped me out so much when I was overseas. I can never ever repay them for their help, they are family but even so I'd like something really precious to give as a gift as a form of gratitude too.

You did bring to my mind about engraving the names of my cousin and his baby daughter on a locket as a gift for his wife but I'm not sure if that's appropriate. And this will be alongside another gift for the baby too.

What about a bracelet for the child? Or even a locket for her as well as one for her Mum? I like your locket idea.

How about a little silver bracelet? I bought a gorgeous one for my goddaughter for her Christening a few months ago

Like Sarah and MG have said, a bracelet. But an idea I've seen used before was a charm bracelet. Then as each birthday comes you can add another charm that has special meaning.

someone gave me a charm that splits in half its a heart and it has mother and daughter written on it Ash wears hers on a little bracelet that has her name and dob engraved on it and i wear mine on a necklace.. i almost cried when i opened up the little charm its really special to me

i also think i charm bracelet is a great idea, i got one from my aunty when i was born with 9 charms on it - 1 for each month & every birthday she sends me a new charm... it'll be passed onto scarlet when she's older.

Ohh that's a nice idea girls - they are jewellers too though, the whole family my cousin his dad his uncle the whole lot of 'em

I do like the idea of a charm bracelet though - I have to make sure I do insurance on the postage and get it all registered. I'm looking at a budget of about $300, not including the postage. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Aricyn's Mum View Post
    my friends got DS a beautiful teddy bear that came with his name embroidered on it - his full name, and then his birth date on the back of it. It is absolutely gorgeous and the best gift I have received by far. If you want to know the name of the company they got it from, pm me and I'll provide details. Good luck!!
    I don't know how to send a pm??? I can't even see it on the screen!

Wow - what lucky people to receive a gift from you. $300 would buy a pretty handsome gift.

How about a personalised quilt. You can get them made I think. If you find a quilting / sewing shop and ask them for contacts of someone to make one for you. I've luckily got a relative that can do quilting and has made my DD one but got the 'quilting' (i.e. stuffing part of it) done out-sourced because I think you need a large machine to do the job properly.

Hmmm, other ideas; put together a 'personalised pack' of some sort i.e. get some stickers made for the childs shoes, tupperware items, bags etc, a name plaque for it's bedroom, towels with it's name embroidered on it, cushion for the room, a jacket with it's name on it. (This was a gift I got from my parents when DD was a baby and I absolutely loved it).

Happy shopping.

They are a beautiful family and are not spoilt by their wealth whatsoever - and really give to people in need, and at one time they supported me greatly so this really is a small gesture hopefully.

I'm really warming to the idea of personalised gifts, the teddy bear idea from aciyrn's mum is really great and I think a nice quilt embroidered also plus the plaque for the room would be really sweet.The cushion would be cute too, she can use it when she's like 5 for her really girly room.

Sometime you go into a shop and you just think "that's perfect" - I think I'm waiting for that moment

Annikas_Mamma Guest

Another idea is to get a trinket that she can cherish forever.

For Christmas, my mother got Annika this gorgeous Swarovski crystal. It is in the shape of a teddy bear, holding a pink heart shaped balloon.

I still have the crystal swans my nanna gave me when I was very young & love them, always on my bedside table so I like that idea.

Otherwise I too love the idea of a charm braclet & you then can send a charm each birthday. My sister got this from a godmother & got a charm each birthday until 21. Though I myself don't like the look of many of them, but my cousin showed us her new charm braclet she got for Christmas, they are the latest thing & I must say we were all impressed with it, now if only I could remember the name. ahhhhh, it's a pandora braclet, look them up on the net.