Thread: brauer's calm

Exclamation brauer's calm

has anyone used brauer calm for day sleeps with toodlers and how did you find it? did it make a difference???

Not for day sleeps but for night sleeps.... Zander didn't sleep through the night until he was 18 months old & I started using a combo of Brauers Calm (only 1 dose was needed) and a sleepy-time spray (aromotherapy thing) from Healing Hippo. Its definitely worth a try.

hey jols,
    I tried using Calm for ds for every sleep and I honestly can't say it made any difference.

Sorry

We had it all checked out with our GP & what he said was it's pretty much camomile tea with some added extras. So it won't put them to sleep, but will help them relax when they are in bed.

yeah exactly right Sarah.

I noticed that if Mason was really agitated, it would help to calm him down, but he would need a bit more than the recommended dose.

Same here, we used it at night time, but not during the day.

DD (was 2.5 at the time) went through a really rough patch at bed time - she'd get really worked up and have tantrums etc. We found it did help. In the end she would ask for some 'medicine' - I'm not sure if it was the routine of giving it to her, the actually remedy itself or a combination of both but she definitely settled and now goes to bed fine again (after a few weeks of using it).

I used it (tiny dose) on DS when he was about 3 months old and didn't notice any difference. I think it was too small a dose to be honest but because he wasn't 6 months yet (even though I was told it was safe), I was a bit reluctant to give him much.
    Last edited by Willow; March 16th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

thanks guys!! nights are fine, its day sleeps , she goes sdown ok , but is only sleeping most days for 40 mins, once onky a day, today was only 35 mins, so i though id try this to see if it relaxes her more, hence sleeps longer!!

danni how is mason going?