Thread: colic

itsalive Guest

Default colic

Does anyone have any good advice for colic? My daughter is suffering terribly with it and I'm finding it very upsetting. There's a website called five fab mums that has some advice, but I'm desperate for more.

Colic is horrible isn't it? Have you tried Infacol? I used it with my DS before every feed and it made a huge difference. You could also try Brauer Colic Relief which is all natural or Gripe Water.

A nice soothing bath helps and rubbing bub's tummy in a clockwise motion helps with wind.

It does get better as they get a bit older. I hope you find something that works soon

I know exactly how you feel. I went through the same thing with my 14 month old, and tried all sorts of things and medications to little help. I think that what helped her the most was being upright over my shoulder and acupuncture. Not acupuncture with needles, but by her paed who used what looked like a laser pointer.
    My thoughts are with you. It will pass, but I realise that you need a solution now. I hope you can find one.

~Belinda~ Guest

I have used IF (Infants Friend) since my daughter was a couple of weeks old at every feed and I have no issues. I had her on Infacol but it didn't work as well as IF but I think all babies are different. Good luck finding a solution.

I was beside my self with Tahli from birth... to find out that colic is actually the term given to any baby who cries more than three hours a day three times a week... so I really don't believe in the term colic, there could be a number of reasons that your little one is unsettled. It could be wind, it could be reflux, it could be that her neck is out as it was with Tahli... I HIGHLY recomend seeing a paed chiropractor, they can help with 'colic' and reflux, wind etc... Tahli is a completely different child since finding out that her neck and hips were out... she still has a problem with wind which we put down to her formula, and still give her infacol at each feed, until she'd 4-5 months and would have grown out of the windy business.

Sorry to hijack - Glad the chiro worked Mel! I swear by those guys