Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coping with a nb and 2yo

oh it does,. I like my rest time WAY to much.. I love my ME time....

hehe - i get better ME time when DS is happy. That's when I can put my feet up and watch TV or sit at the computer. Trying to get housework done with him awake is a pain. So I make use of his sleeps for the cleaning.

Liz I am like you - I washed all the floors (by hand, on my hands and knees!!LOL) today while Flynn was asleep.

But in reading this thread I decided to make a promise to myself. I PROMISE MYSELF that when ever BOTH my children are asleep, I will sleep. I will not clean. I will sleep.

Rory, here's hoping you are successful in getting both babies to sleep at the same time. Goodluck

Let me tell you on the days that it actually does happen it's all you can do but fall back on the lounge and relax. Or get onto BB

here's hoping you are successful in getting both babies to sleep
    I am sure as hell not holding my breath LOL!!

I am glad this thread attracted some attention and all the information has been great.

Rory - My DD is already addicted to HI5 and Dora. I use the TV when I really need to get some thing done, like when doing hair (not mine, others and cooking dinner). However, DD is at the stage where she is not as occupied by TV as she used to be and now she wants me to be involved with all her play and activities.

I have vowed to "rest" when both girls are down too...here is hoping that this will happen from time to time.

I find doing "quick" house work most productive when DD is in bed at night. As soon as she is asleep I will vac and mop the floors, or I will clean the loo, or bathroom etc. Some nights I give myself 1 hour to do as much as possible around the house. I probably won't get to do this so much with a nb.

My SIL tries to get her 12wk old down for a nap between 5 and 7pm so that she can bath and feed her DS. Then her DS goes to bed and the bub is up for a feed. I am going to SIL's place tomorrow and I am going to pick her brain for little tips on her routine etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12