Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delicate question re baby boys

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty33 View Post
    Just wanted to add that there is no needles involved at all with the plasit bell procedure.... there is a numbing cream that goes on 2 hours before with a reapplication 1 hour before... they stretch the foreskin over the plasti bell and tie a string around the end.... then it falls off
    I think it depends where you go as Jesse had a local needle, before having the plastibell, not the numbing cream and that was only in October last year.

i havent had a son but if i did i would definately get him circumsized..

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Sorry that this became a bit of a heated topic.

Our reason for wanting it done is that DH is and as far as he's concerned it is not negotiable. I personally think it looks better and also it's kind of for religious reasons too.

mrmoo Guest

Someone posted getting their little boy circumcised because of health issues. I'm a little confused with this because the only health issue would be that the penis was not kept clean ie living in dirty, sandy, squaller conditions. I do not believe this to be the case so what would the medical conditions be? Is it that your baby is a skin condition that needs urgent attention, then I'm sorry for you and your little guy. Is it that you *think* your little guy will not be able to clean himself when he is older... well you could be right, I mean how many men wash their hands after they go wee? Yes, each to their own choices but so long as they're valid reasons and not cosmetic. Another question has anyone seen both in men and had the *pleasure* of receiving both types? I believe the sexual side is not even an issue because the perfomance comes from the man in how he drives it rather than in how it looks!

Quote Originally Posted by caro View Post
    Then its not really a *our* decision its a *dh* decision. If you have ANY Doubts about getting it done you need to research and present the facts to him. As the poster above said there are videos on the net of a circ being done. SHow him that give him info to read FOR AND AGAINST.

As I said to you I personally think it looks better BUT that is not a good enough reason to have my son circ'd - because that is what I am *used* to because as i said in his generation it wont be the norm.

When you say its *kinda* for religious reasons I dont understand ?

Anyway with all the info that is out there I hope you make a informed decision as to what you do if you are faced with that decision if you have a boy

Wishing you all the very best on your TTC Journey snd sending you lots of baby dust xxxx
    Actually, it was a decision we BOTH made, his reason was because he is, my reasons I've hardly even gone into. As for what I said about thinking it looks better, that is a very small thing and in no way what I'm basing the decision on. (Although, it may have come across that way). As far as your question: When you say its *kinda* for religious reasons I dont understand ? I don't think anyone needs to really "understand" someone's religious reasons, that is a very personal issue.

I'm sorry if this post sounds harsh, I just don't know how to get my point across. I really wish now that I hadn't started this thread

mrmoo, I believe that the poster's son had a very serious infection that required hospitalisation this wasn't caused by squalid conditions etc.

Ok lets not question each other.

Sorry guys but you can give your OWN opinion of YOUR situation but please do NOT question others about theirs. It is the ONLY way we can have these discussions without them being heated.

If you have already given your opinion then maybe stay out of the thread?

I do not want to close this thread. But if an argument starts I will.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Caro, I'm sorry that I've upset you. I know my comments probably came across harsh, it was not intentional.

While yes we've made up our minds, I did want to hear other people's opinions for/against it because we have actually not even looked into any reasoning, it was just a conversation we had one day and both had the same answers to.

This thread has actually opened up my eyes quite a bit and I think that we might have to really work out the pros & cons and re-think our decision based on education (it might still be a yes though). I'm not saying that I have doubts, but perhaps I and DH need to actually do the research.

Thank you all for your opinions, even the very strong opinions.

Hi danni.. we had DS circ at 3 days old, in hospy, i was with him and he only made a wimper.. straight on the breast and then fell asleep .

We knew from 19 weeks that we were expecting a boy and it really took us this long to make all our research and discuss it with medical professionals etc.. i found that the best person to talk to was actually my OB and my Mothercraft nurse i had for Olivia. They both gave non biased information which is really what you need, rather than having someone tell you what is best for Your Son, and their personal opinions.

we have had DS done.. thats that.. the reason is personal and i will not be discussing it in a public forum.

hi again Danni

i have a interesting article from the American Academy of Peads about this i fyou would like to read it i can email it to you.. just leave your email addy and ill pop it across.. xox

Guys I'm going to have to lock this thread now. It was merely a question as to your reasons why or why not you've made a decision to circumsize or not but it's turned into people questioning others reasons & that's not on.

If you have any problems with this email me at [email protected] , please do not enter into discussions about this thread elsewhere as those posts will be deleted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12