Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I stay or do I go?

Default Do I stay or do I go?

We have been invited to a grand final BBQ today in the city. If we go I will have to drive home which I'm not sure about yet even though it's been 4 weeks since my cesarean.

However I'm more worried about Will catching something from a sick adult or child.

The other option is that I stay he alone.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to be home alone again today.

I could go for a little bit and come home alone early. But again I will have to drive. I've had more pain yesterday and this morning

What do I do?

I wouldn't go. 4 weeks is very young to take a baby out to a party and you need time to get over your CS. Could you not all stay at home and watch the game together? I'm soooo not a football fan so I don't get the "grand final" thing but if it were me I'd stay home.

Only go if you feel up to it. Don't push yourself too much. I am sure your friends will understand why you can't go.

Although i didnt have a c-section but i was paranoid about who i let near DD when she was really young incase she caught something.

Or can you see if a friend can take you? and bring you home if you dont want to stay out too long?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I would stay home if you have pain. Normally I would suggest train but given grand final day not a good idea!!!!!!! Traffic will be busy everywhere so best not to get yourself stressed out especially if Will gets upset in car.

Do you have some friends who could come to you?

DH will drive there I would just have to drive home. DH really wants to go and take Will. I might go for an hr.

I forgot to add we are going to a christening tomorrow which is two hr drive away.

Does your DH realise that you are not supposed to drive for 6 weeks after having a c/s and that you still have to take it easy as a c/s is major surgery. If you explain to him that you are still in pain and not allowed to drive and that if you want to come home he will have to drive you (and not drink) then he might change his mind about going. Good luck

And sorry showing off his new son is not a good enough reason to risk your health

Do what you want to do and what you feel comfortable with. Don't let others tell you otherwise.

While we haven't taken DD to any big gatherings but i got told off for taking her grocery shopping with me... it had to be done!

Hope you enjoy yourself today and tomorrow at the christening

Yeah I wouldn't go either, but I'm another non footy fan

Could you try a short drive around the block before you go just to get some idea of whether you are going to be ok to drive home if you do go? It would be bad to get there and discover that driving home is going to cause problems but you have no other choice.

BW

It's a tough one babe, I guess if you're in pain though, you shouldn't drive hey?

S X

I'd go to the christening and skip the Grand Final BBQ. Or skip both. Your son is too young at the moment to expose him to people who could be sick. It will be pass the parcel with the baby and he'll get overtired as well. Not to mention you've got a trip tomorrow and you're still sore.

A friend of mine recently ended up with her 5 month in hospital with a collapsed lung due to a viral infection he picked up from someone. Even at that age, his lungs were too underdeveloped for them to do anything except give him oxygen and hope he pulled through. I'm sorry if that's alarmist, but I'm pretty paranoid about things like that.

hmmm... I would go but only because i like watching the footy in a good atmosphere.
    but its really up to how you feel. If you are sore i wouldnt be driving espessially alone!
    It might be nice for you to get out and about

If there were someone else to drive you home and you really wanted to then I'd go for it, but I'm a bit concerned that you say you're in pain and not sure you can drive. That's not a good spot to find yourself in. Plus the christening is perhaps more important for you...?
    Sometimes it's easier to have people come to you if you want to show your baby off, too. They get very tired and overstimulated very quickly.

I wouldn't go.

I'd be telling your DH that if he's so desperate to go, then he's driving.

And if I were nearer, I'd come over and bring the party to you

im not going, i didnt feel comfortable with him being abound ppl i dont (other than friends) when he is so young, there will be other children there too, ands it the time of year for spreading bugs. And he has just been in NICU and SCN.

tomorrow is an important day for a dear friend and i didnt want to do both, even though i am still scared every day that he might get sick again. (but thats another issue i need to debreif and work through)

thanks everyone ........this just didnt sit right with me

You can pop in here if you are bored this afternoon. Don't blame you for not going, I am staying away from dh's bash too. Hanging out with my mum instead.

I'd offer you to drop in here, or me come around to see you, but DS1 has croup, and I would hate Will to catch anything from us! I understand DH will be disappointed, but before long Will will be big enough for him to drag around to all sorts of boy things Hope you have a nice relaxing afternoon

And remember, anytime you're going to something where you're worried he'll be passed around, put him in the HAB!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast