Thread: Dream feed - 10pmish feed when to drop?

Default Dream feed - 10pmish feed when to drop?

I was just wondering at what age did you stop this feed. When people say their babies sleep through does this mean you have dropped this feed? Thanks

I dropped Kanes dream feed after he was having two lots of solids a day. He still sleeps through really well. He has solids at 5.00pm, milk at 6.30 and bed at 7.00pm. Good luck!!

Oopps, sorry... Just started doing it that way, at 7 months. I still considered him sleeping through with a dream feed because he didn't really wake up.

hey i was wondering this too a while ago, and sometimes i would read posts of people saying 'it just happened' and i thought yeah right, how does it just happen... but here i am, telling you, it just happened... by itself... i wasn't even trying...

at around 10 months give or take, maybe a tad earlier, her bedtime changed a lot and she started having a later afternoon nap, and staying up later of an evening, so she could play with her daddy, this is around when it stopped... she would have a bottle around 8pm, and for a while i would still give one at 10pm, but then somehow it ended, and i stopped giving them to her, and she still slept... first of all she was going to bed from 8.30pm onwards with her bottle right before bed, but there have been the odd occassion where she has gone down at 7.30pm and that was the time of her last bottle, no probs... at first i was nervous, but very confident now, when she goes down to bed no matter what time, there is no more feeding (its bliss!!)

i thought she was going to be five years old and i'd be in there giving her a dream feed, i honestly thought it would never happen, but it did...

i would suggest if its working for you don't mess with it, it will happen when the time is right... or if you are keen to end it, start by bringing it earlier 15 minutes for a few nights, until you are giving it at like 9pm for a while, see if bubs starts waking any earlier, just sort of suss it out, maybe experiment with a later arvo nap so a later bedtime of say 8pm and see if bubs sleeps thru.... or you could just go cold turkey one night and don't give it and see what happens.

good luck!!!

We dropped it somewhere between 6 and 7 months. And we decided to drop it, not only cos he was on more solids, but he would absolutely scream when we woke him up cos he was getting in such a deep sleep. So we just let him be one night, and he woke up around 3.30, so we gave him his dummy, and he slept until about 6.30. So we stopped doing it from that point. It was awful waking him up and him screaming, made us feel so bad!!!!