Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of daylight savings..

Question The end of daylight savings..

I don't actually even know when this is - I think it is soon - does anyone have any hints or tips about adjusting routines to help when daylight savings finishes? I have been thinking about it and realised DS will be waking at 5.45-6am..

This time last year with DS i just changed his routine over a week or so before it actually ended, by about 20 minutes or something each time so that he was going to bed at 8pm instead of 7pm which when daylight savings ended would be the correct 7pm. Same with getting up of a morning. I would leave him in bed an extra 20 minutes each day, whether hes awake or not until it worked out to be the equivilent when daylight saving ended. Worked a treat. Will do the same this year.

Victoria/NSW ends 6th April, WA last sunday of October.

Sorry don't have any real tips. With us having school it tends to be quite easy to get back into the routine.

I thought WA ended 30th of March?? i could be wrong. My DD1 settled fine when it started so i'm hoping it ending will be just as easy It will be interesting to get others tips though just in case she doesnt.

HAHAHAHAHAHA can you tell I need sleep? I meant to say March

Are you sure Cai? It's usually last week in March for NSW as well.

I have N.S.W. as the 6/4/2008 Australian Daylight Savings Dates
    Last edited by rosehannah; March 13th, 2008 at 04:05 PM.

Well there ya go, we get an extra week this year!

YAY for an extra week, I love DLS when it's over it tells me that hibernation time is comming. Not a fan of winter.

Thought I'd share, the way i remember which way to turn my clock. I used to get it wrong all the time.

you spring your click forward in spring
    you fall your clock back in fall (autumn)

An american friend told me so it makes more sense to use fall. I still like it so i use it. even if it is american. sorry to the americans out there.

Same here RH, I'm not a winter fan either. Though this year I'll have a teeny tiny bubba to snuggle up with which will be nice!

Well it finishes tonight, and I am dreading J being up so early. Over the last week I have been trying to change his routine to no avail

We're going to a friend's house for a BBQ tonight so we're hoping a late night will mean Zander wakes up at his usual time (even though it's technically later) and then go from there.....

im looking forward to it and hoping DD goes to bed a bit earlier... she usually goes down around 8.30pm-9pm, and with working full time its just too late for me... am hoping for something nice and civilised like 7.30pm-8pm, would be perfect, but who knows, it really will just depend on the day, she goes to bed at all different times depending on what the day has been like and how tired she seems... im hoping once she gets older we might get a more solid bedtime.

good luck everyone with their bubs... hope its not too early for ya tomorrow morning.

Woo HOO I can't wait - it gets dark earlier so mine go to bed earlier. They are ratbags to get to bed and it only means they get the proper amount of sleep!

So how did everyone survive?? It's 7.29 winter time here now & Zander is still sleeping, another 1/2 an hour & we're all good

Did pretty well considering, J usually gets up at 7am. This morning he got up at the new time of 6:45am. So really he somehow just adjusted himself. I must have tricked him by changing the alarm clock in his room lol!

My kids got up at about 8:30 ish which is 7:30 ish so it was fine, we slept a little longer whilst they watched tv, so we got a nice sleep in too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast