Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Haircut

Default First Haircut

Does anyone think this is a big deal? We do and as Matty is rapidly growing those blond curls at the back, we think its time for a neaten up.

We want to make a big fuss of the first ever haircut and do you think we can find anywhere in Melbourne? No! Has anyone in Melbourne been to such a place?

There is a place in Brisbane I found on Google called Mogaroos which sounds like they pull out all the stops, first haircut certificate and all but a google and yellow page search bring up nothing in Melbourne.

What has everyone else done or plan to do?

You could always keep the curls in a nice little pewter or silver box. You can do a scrapbooking page with photos at the hairdresser and glue the hair in?

Nell I phoned around to check out & see what they did. One place gave a balloon & stamps out & put the hair in a nice bag for me to take home, but I wouldn't have known without phoning around. I just phoned areas that had a large child population

mrs timms Guest

Great ideas Danni! And maybe you could print up a certificate yourself for them to present to Matty? I'm sure if you rang up the hairdressers and told them you wanted to make a big deal of his first haircut they'd help you work something out

Amy’s hair was getting in her eyes and I wanted it cut but DH just wanted to move it to the side out of her eyes and not cut it. Then one day last week he cut it without me being there and I was not happy as I wanted us both to be there. It is now a little short but it will grow. We did keep the hair.

Nellbe it's a shame your not here in Perth we have a lovely kids hairdressers I've been twice in 2 days thanks to Kimberley.

They give you a certificate and a lock of hair. It's such a relaxed place to go to.
    I hope you can find a place just like it in Melbourne.

Miss Eliza has just had a haircut, and she looks soooo cute! I think Bec just took her to her mums hairdresser - no certificates or anything. I fear we wont be getting a haircut for another year at least. Jenna has curls and curls, and the longer it gets, the tighter the curls! It will take forever for her to have a messy fringe

nelle, do you have a Baby Target there. There used to be one down where Sarah lives and they have a kids hairdresser there. I know that they make a big fuss there too. When I took Noah for his first haircut I made sure I took my camera and got heaps of pictures, also we got a bag of hair home to keep. I have scrapped a page with it in there and the card from the hairdressers.

Thanks girls.

Trish - I did see that Baby Target do have a kids hairdressers and got a tad excited but basically all our Baby Targets have gone... we just have Baby Shops now in an existing Target and they don't have them.

Christy- great idea to do a ring around. I was kinda hoping the Melbourne girls may have known somewhere!

Danni - I do plan on doing all that - just wanted something a bit extra special for the actual event.

Wow, I was just planning on doing the first cut myself, keeping a lock of hair, and having DH take pictures or a film of it. I never thought of doing anything "special"! Then again, I never thought of going to the hairdressers at all for boys and not until at least Senior School for girls - I usually do DH's hair myself as well. Hmm, might have to think about doing something nicer now!

I just wish Zander had some hair so I could even think about it ROFL!!

Good luck Nell, I think it's a great thing to do & would make for some excellent scrapbooking

That is such a great idea Nell. I will be stealing it LOL . We have a Baby Target here so I will remember when the time comes!! It would def make for some great scraobooking!

Good luck Nell!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Nell there's a children's shop at Chadstone that some times has a hairdresser come to cut children's hair. I don't remember the name of the shop but it's on the lower level just across the way from Pumpkin Patch.

darn it..i wish i had seen this post earlier!!owen had his first hair cut 2 days ago!!his fringe was nearly in his eyes!!i had wanted to brush it across but DH and the IL's put the pressure on..we went to a barber and he sat up on daddys knee..i took heaps of photos, but we nearly didn't get any hair to keep and i had to bring it home wrapped in a tissue!!plus i think it's a bit short..which is exactly what i was worried about!!didn't want him to look 'dorky'!!but he does look very grown up..eek!!my little baby!!
    i would have loved to make a big fuss like this!!i thought it was so special!!

Thanks heaps for that Bec! I shall check it out.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Welcome Nell, don't hold me to it but I think they have them on Wednesdays. I just looked at my Chadstone guide. I think it's called Kids Central. PM me if you want the number.

Bec, I was going to suggest the same place. I couldn't remember the name of the store, only knowing it was opposite PP, near DJ's. It's a great kids shop with all sorts of clothes, toys, bedroom stuff... everything in there including the hairdressers.

Nell, I hope they make a big event of Matty's first hair cut!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ahhhhhhh great minds think alike Rachel. Must be the twin connection we have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast