Thread: Getting so close...

Default Getting so close...

Hey DD is a 'late bloomer' in the crawling department. She is getting so close though!!! She rotates on her tummy (sometimes inchworms which I applaud her for LOL!) but after a little while gets very frustrated. I have been crawling around on the floor with her a lot today, which we both enjoy, but she still seems to get cross with herself, even when I'm there with her...
    Is there something I can do to help her along? Some excersises or something? Or do I just wait it out and try to keep her entertained on her tummy?

congrats on the almost crawling it must be soooooo exciting
    I guess if she gets upset its like tummy time- just do it for a few mins a day and slowly stretch it out. it must be frustrating for her but soon it will just click and she will be hooning around!
    Good luck soon you won't know what to do with her!
    take care
    xox

Sorry, Snacks, I got nuthin'.

Daniel turns 9 months next week and he isn't even looking like crawling. He appears to just like wibbling around on his belly. I've tried holding him to get his legs under him and all sorts. I'll hold him by the torsoe and he just sticks his legs and arms out so it looks like I'm holding a star fish about 20cm off the ground - a slobbery one at that!

Then I've just red Tanstars thread and had a look at her ticker. Her five month old is commando crawling......... weird. Just dunno what gets them going. Daniel just seems to want to stretch to get items.

Snacks,

I asked this question when Olivia got to around 12 months......from memory, there were no breakthrough suggestions!

(Olivia never crawled in the end...just bum-shuffled.)

Lexie only started crawling at 12 months.....she is now a demon crawler.....

Just keep doing what you are doing. She will be building all the right co-ordinations and body strengths on her attempts. The frustrations she demonstrates: that is, I think, often because they get to physically and mentally tired from the trying!

Amy, if she is getting close then she will soon get there on her own. Jack was a very early crawler and walker and I always had other parents ask what I had done to encourage it. Truthfully I had done nothing in particular, it was just his need to be mobile. But I used to say to the parents that they should enjoy a non-mobile baby while they could. Then when the other kids started crawling and walking all the parents in question told me that now they knew what I meant! Life is much more difficult when they can get around, so I would say enjoy this time while you can, and be grateful that she wasn't an early crawler!!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I am trying to just enjoy her baby-ness and not rush her. I was just worried that she was getting cranky with herself, LOL. But I see your point, Lucy - it must be really hard work learning... I get tired just looking at her
    Thanks again, all.

BTW, very funny image - you holding a slobbery Daniel-starfish over the ground, Lesty. LOL!

Thanks Snacks. It is pretty funny.

I am actually, on second thought, glad that he is still not as mobile MR's littlies. I still have a little control about what he does and does not get stuck in to. I constantly see him eyeing off the DVD player. I'm sure that is going to be the first port of call when those "kicky legs" get going.

Yes, IKWYM. With all this lead-up, you'd think I'd be getting prepared...
    I think I shall have to invest in some plastic tubs to just chuck everything in LOL!